Customer Discussions > GPS forum

Garmin "Lane Assist" vs. "PhotoReal Junction w/ Lane Assist"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 30, 2012 9:24:52 AM PDT
Taco Monster says:
Lane Assist in my experience is more accurate than PhotoReal junction view, in that we have a tricky intersection nearby. The spoken voice and PhotoReal provide the wrong navigation information if you are not using the HOV lanes, but the Lane Assist has always "known" what to do.

Having said that, 99% of the time PhotoReal is helpful, and has amazing detail. I'd like it better if it provided a night view after sundown, but my 3790 always shows "daytime" with a blue sky.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 10:37:36 AM PDT
Sui Lin Chee says:
This forum is like asking questions in the forest.

Initial post: Jun 8, 2012 2:47:26 PM PDT
Sui Lin Chee says:
What is your opinion about Garmin PhotoReal Junction compared with just Lane Assist.
I would like to upgrade my 4-year old 265WT to the 1450LMT which just has "Lane Assist". The newer ones have PhotoReal JUnction (split screen), but cost 50% with features I don't want.
PhotoReal could be useful in very special circumstances like Wash DC which has many traffic circles with 4-6 turns -- When is PhotoReal available - just for busy highways ??
I've spent quite a bit for original purchases, smart phones and map upgrades, etc. that dropping more money w/o any benefits is tiring & expensive.
Edit your post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
What si your opinion about PhotoReal Junction compared with just Lane Assist.
I would like to upgrade my 4-year old 265WT to the 1450LMT which just has "Lane Assist". The newer ones have PhotoReal JUnction (split screen).
PhotoReal could be useful in very special circumstances like Wash DC which has many traffic circles with 4-6 turns -- when is PhotoReal available - just for busy highways ??
I've spent quite a bit for original purchases, smart phones and map upgrades, etc. that dropping more money w/o any benefits is tiring & expensive.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  GPS forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions