Customer Discussions > Graphic Design forum

Presentation of Grapic Design Timeline

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 21, 2008 8:04:19 PM PDT
Gary Graves says:
Does anyone know of any good illustrated timelines or presentations for discussing Graphic Design History? I have only found lots of good books... not presentations that could be used in a classroom.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2008 5:50:11 AM PDT
tsitrA says:
I dont know of any presentations already made. However, you may want to consider building the timeline yourself, since you have a strong image in your mind already of exactly what it is that you are sure is out there somewhere. I have found once I have an idea in my head like that nothing measures up. hope that makes sense.

Anyway I recently used Bees Doc Timeline for Mac OS, which was super, they have even more choices for the pc. just google "timeline software and you will see that it would not be too difficiult to make your own.

http://www.beedocuments.com/index.php

here is a link for Bees they may have a PC alternative? regardless look at Bees to get an idea of the type of features you might want to look for. I used it and loved it, and it did not take long, practically no learning curve.

Anyway hope this helps and good luck!

Most products have a free trial definitely take advantage and read reviews
before making any software purchase. CNET is a good place for research as well as here at Amazon.
Your reply to tsitrA's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2009 9:30:46 PM PST
HBDivegirl says:
First graphic designs were 'church cards' given away in Florence, Italy followed by the 'Gutenberg Bible.' There's not a lot of 'timeline information' for so-called graphic design. Everything started out supporting Roman Catholic church and from there went to cocktail napkins etc. Suppose you could start out with cave paintings......end with billboards....huh? Who cares? I took a graduate level Graphic Design History course in college and it was the most boring bit of slides and gum-bumping immaginable! Go to Disneyland and get drunk with significant other afterwards....better for the soul! Forget history of graphics!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Graphic Design forum (22 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Graphic Design forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 21, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions