Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Customer Discussions > Graphic Novel forum

Before Watchmen, who's digging it, who is'nt?!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2012 3:54:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 3:46:18 PM PDT
Jaime B. says:
Personally, I am enjoying Before Watchmen. A friend of mine runs a comic shop, and the customers who swore up and down they would not buy it, because of DC's alleged lack of respect, and alleged soiling the sacred grounds of artistic integrity, and so forth, are the ones buying these books in the droves. Ironic. My local comic shops are selling out of Before Watchmen every week, within hours of being placed on the comics shelves. What is there not to like. DC put together some great creative teams on these books. Yes, Alan Moore is a very tough act to follow, but these works are in no way disrespectful of his creations. Darwyn Cooke on The Minutemen and Silk Spectre, is doing some of the best work of his career. Adam Hughes doing the Dr. Manhattan book, covers and interior art. Come on, how often do we see AH! do a entire book?! This has got to be DC's most ambitious project in ages.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 5:07:36 AM PDT
M. doidge says:
I'm enjoying too and I'm pretty surprised. Really digging Nite-Owl and Amanda Conner's work on Silk Spectre.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 12:35:09 PM PDT
Jaime B. says:
My favorites are The Minutemen and Ozymandias. I am a huge Darwyn Cooke fan, and I think his work here is very reminiscent of his New Frontier masterpiece. And I am really looking forward to the Adam Hughes Dr. Manhattan story line. Can't wait for the hardcover collections of this stuff.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:47:05 PM PDT
Ryan says:
Pass, none of it 'feels' in the Watchmen Universe, even Cooke's, and that one's the best of the bunch.
It'll look silly on your shelf with all these BW trades leading up to the thinner classic :-(

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 12:29:58 PM PST
Frankie D says:
Not feeling it. Was not crazy about Watchman until I really think it was a pretty good dark story. This is just filler crap. Should have left it alone. Not buying it at all.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 4:56:26 PM PST
Alexander P. says:
Before Watchmen is exactly as good as it could possibly be without Alan Moore's involvement.. That said, its disappointing on every level.

I liked the art of Rorshach, and I liked the writing in Ozymandias... I absolutely LOVED

{SPOILER} the twist in The Comedian, where he's not Kennedy's assassin, as shown in the film.
{/SPOILER}

Of all the hardcovers, I'll pick up Comedian/Rorshach, but that's it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 3:27:54 PM PDT
Before Watchmen Graphic novel Ozymandias/Crimson corsair has the chapters inCrimson corsair printed out of order in my copy Is this the case for all copies Can anyone let me know
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Graphic Novel forum (146 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Graphic Novel forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions