Customer Discussions > Graphics forum

Clip Art Graphics - What software has best variety for an occassional user???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2008 12:14:31 PM PDT
RoryG says:
I am starting up a new business & working on a small brochure. I'm using The Print Shop Brochures, Newsletters & More, but need 'clip art' for my project. Something not too expensive. Reviews confusing...Any Help?

Posted on Mar 9, 2009 7:03:30 PM PDT
A few questions -

What type of business? And what is your budget? Which ones have you already looked at? Help is on the way!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2009 12:46:26 PM PDT
Deb Maubach says:
Try Microsoft's clip art gallery, it's free, and easy to search and use. Just google 'microsoft, free clip art'. Also, Flicker has many quality images available for free or really cheap. Hope that helps!

Posted on Mar 28, 2009 9:18:05 AM PDT
gailh says:
iclipart.com has been good for me. ~$35 for an annual subscription. Quite a lot of stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 10:20:39 AM PDT
I've always owned The Print Shop Deluxe, which can be found for around $40, and they have a good selection of clipart that can be downloaded online. The program comes with an installation disk and an art disk, but there always seemed to be a good amount of stuff included.
With that, you also get all the brochure templates, too, and I doubt the price would have been much different than the specific program for newsletters.
Also, check out Serif Desktop publishing software on Amazon; they're not as well known, but on a level comparable to Microsoft Publisher, or better. If you do get that, make sure you have your settings set to U.S. (inches, etc.) because the default setting for that program seems to be U.K.

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 10:51:50 AM PDT
M. Johnson says:
You also might look into some of the clipart offered by Dover Publications. Their clipart comes in a booklet/catalog of all images included on a CD-ROM in just about every format there is (JPEG, TIFF,etc).They're inexpensive (some under $15.00), free-use (no copyrights) images. They are available here at amazon; just type Dover Publications Clipart into the search box. Hope this helps!

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 9:56:50 AM PDT
Alison says:
ClickArt brand from Broderbund has a variety of clip art as well as an online subscription service if you don't need it on a disc or try Clickartonline.com for a year's subscription.

Posted on Aug 29, 2010 9:16:32 AM PDT
L. Noonan says:
Unfortunately, the Microsoft clip art is free for NON-commercial use. Businesses must pay to use Microsoft clip art -- :-(

I have no idea how much -- they may be very reasonable (it's not like Gates is hurting for money) or not.

I've bought several clip art software packages on sale at office supply stores ($5 -$15 each) -- pretty limited, but might work for your needs. However -- you'll find little variation in the clip art in these cheap packages no matter what software brand, primarily because they are compilations of free clip art from the Internet.

Try searching Google images or Alta Vista images for "free clip art." Good luck with your venture.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2010 9:38:28 AM PDT
Deb Maubach says:
I really, really like Serif for a website builder, but didn't care for their DT pub program too much. Publisher is far better. IMHO. Publisher is getting old enough that maybe an older version can be found for less than their over $100 regular price tag.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Graphics forum (3 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Graphics forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions