Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > hair styling accessories forum

Metal or Plastic?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2006 6:11:15 PM PDT
FeijaoFrio says:
What is the claw made out of? That should be mandatory information. I'm searching for metal hair claws.
Unless they're diamond encrusted, they simply don't make metal claws anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2006 9:59:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2006 10:00:07 AM PDT
MEA says:
I have this straightener, but I bought it at Sephora I dont know if they are exactly the same. Anyway the handle has a metal feel. If it isnt really metal, they did a good job making it seem like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2007 8:10:09 AM PDT
Bookratt says:
Metal can damage the hair unless it's very highly polished (which has to be hand done and is expensive to produce). Also, they use the cheapest metal alloy, like "jeweler's white metal" or nickel, anyway, that is bendable and can snap or fracture after very little use, so even if you pay a lot, they don't seem to last.

I haven't found solid polished aluminum or anything similar for a long time here in the states.

A friend who went to Tokyo and Paris said they have metal clips of all kinds there. Maybe google for those countries and hair cair or hair?

Have you tried the France Luxe line of hair items? They have their own site. They have what they call a pinch clip with metal teeth and also have metal clips on some of their their barrettes.

Also try folica.com as they have great stuff there, too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the hair styling accessories forum (6 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions