Customer Discussions > Harry Potter forum

Future Roles for "Harry Potter " Cast Members

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 163 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2012 4:14:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 10:31:43 AM PDT
Does anyone have ideas about roles in which they'd like to see the "Harry Potter" cast Members?
Since Daniel Radcliffe does so well onstage, I could see him in a few other classics (besides "Equus", and "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying")like, "The Vagabond King"(he's rougish enough for the part of Francois Villion, the central character), Tony or Riff in a revival of "West Side Story", and after seeing a still of him in his upcoming role as Alan Ginsberg, with his dark, pulled-up hair, and brown contact lenses over his trademark baby blues (or... aquamarines...?), he could play singer Eddie Fisher in a biopic of his life, although, as would be the case for "The Vagabond King", he'd have to work hard to acquire the chest notes for the singing voice.Radcliffe appears to be about the right height for Eddie Fisher, and on his mother's side, he does share the singer's Jewish heritage.He'd have to wear brown contact lenses for that role, too, but he's usually magnificent in anything he does performancewise. I broached the idea on his daughter, Carrie Fisher's Facebook Page, but haven't received s response yet.Any thoughts on this?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 6:04:25 PM PDT
I'd like to see DR do a remake of the second half of David Copperfield, thus becoming on film the older version of his younger self.
I'll have to think about this more.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:20:28 AM PDT
1593 says:
The Artful Dodger perhaps?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 5:21:32 AM PDT
1593, technically Dan is too old for Dodger, who is in his teens in the Dickens. He's still in his teens in my sequel to Oliver Twist.
I wrote a novel once that I'd love to see Dan and Rupert do together, but I can't get publishers (or good agents) interested in. I'll revise it yet again and see what I can accomplish.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 4:35:58 PM PDT
(pricks up ears) H'm?

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:23:16 PM PDT
Don't worry, because it won't sell. It's about a young man and his friend who find out they are Magi. A Mago is a sorcerer who, in the novel, deal mainly in the magic of nature. Now who would buy a book about two guys who can do magic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 11:00:56 PM PDT
I've thought of Daniel as the Artful Dodger recently because he does remind me of the late Jack Wilde, who played him in the 1968 film version of the musical.I sincerely hope Dan has kicked his drinking problem, especially seeing that that was a main cause of Wilde's early demise. I have enjoyed seeing him as the young "David Copperfield". That was the first time he performed with Maggie Smith, and he was so cute!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 3:05:49 PM PDT
I recently looked on Amazon, and there is no cleaned up/ pristine copy of Oliver! available. The print just a tad faded. And it's such a good film.
I didn't know Dan had a drinking problem. I hope he gets it under control.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 11:56:21 AM PDT
I have been trying to think of a role for Matthew Lewis (Neville). He just did something in English theater, but I wonder if he might make a good detective of some sort. Young guy forced to find the real crime around some London flat heist. Hmmm. Anyone know anything like that?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:39:46 AM PDT
Various online sources have said Radcliffe admitted he was becoming too heavy a social drinker and making a fool of himself. But reportedly, he's trying to improve. I wish him well with that. He strikes one as a very sweet guy in a lot of ways.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 11:46:17 AM PDT
I could also see Daniel in another Peter Shaeffer piece-- a stage revival of "Amadeus". 16 years ago, a revised version of the stage play debuted in the town where I live, and while in many ways the play was Salieri's show, unlike the film version, I could see Daniel as young Mozart. He has enough of an impishly endearing personality to pull it off.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 9:42:39 PM PDT
The play is definitely Salieri's, and both stage and screen were lucky to get F. Murray Abraham... Can't quite see Mr. Radcliff in Mr. Hamill's shoes though, somehow.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 11:08:08 PM PDT
1593 says:
Wasn't that Tom Hulce?

Neville would make a wonderful gumshoe ( and he would look so cool in a feodora). Glad to hear it. Sam Spade, Michael Shayne, Mc Pherson...stand aside!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 10:32:18 AM PDT
Tom Hulce in the movie, Mark Hamill on stage. (Didn't get to see the staged version. Yet.)

H'm, I'm more familiar with Golden Age mysteries, not contemporary, and nothing's coming to mind; but yes, a detective....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 10:45:41 AM PDT
I absolutely loved the film version with Tom Hulce when I was in High School. The actor who portrayed him in the 1996 revison that I saw was a wonderful young fellow named Dean Poyner, with whom I shook hands afterwards.--He was such a cutie!Because I remember certain traits of Dean Poyner in that role and compare him to Daniel, I could see Daniel as quite the endearing scene stealer in the part.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 10:47:48 AM PDT
I enjoy writing, too, Mr. Montgomery. But Dan and Rupert may want to take a break from all that and do something more original after 10 years of "Harry Potter"films and Dan's recent role in "The Woman in Black".

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 8:20:40 PM PDT
I could also see Dan as Lieutenant Cable in "South Pacific", Hugo Peabody in "Bye, Bye Byrdie", or Frank Abagnale in "Catch Me if You Can".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:30:58 AM PDT
I think Dan is a bit short for the army.
I would wonder about Emma as Alice in Lewis Carroll, but there have been too many of those as it is. And topping the one with Johnny Depp would be difficult.

She could be fabulous in Great Expectations as Miss Haversham's ward. (Sorry, I forgot her name.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:18:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:40:35 PM PST
Stella, if memory serves me correctly, Dan has already played Rudyard Kipling's ill-fated son, a young military officer in "My Boy, Jack", who serves in WWI despite extreme nearsighteness and his short height, and he was brilliant in the role.
The idea for "Bye Bye, Byrdie" came partially because he could be very sweet in the role of Hugo Peabody, and could do a charming rendition of "One Boy" with a female counterpart, and since he's a great jazz dancer, he could do a ripping rendition of "I've Got a Lot of Livin' to Do", and also because I remembered something a family member of mine said when we watched the cast of the first 'Harry Potter' film appear before an audience full of schoolchildren who were about the same age as they were on "Oprah": Basically that the girls may find the guys at school pretty dull after being in the same room with Daniel.
Those familiar with the plot of "Bye Bye, Byrdie" may recall that the teenaged boys of Sweet Apple, Ohio felt the presence of rock 'n' roll star, Conrad Byrdie in their town, had "poisoned their women".But of course, they too were soon caught up in the fleeting phenomenon .
Of course the lesson to be gleaned from both situations is that eventually the novelty will wear off, and the guys will eventually have their girls back.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:31:45 PM PDT
I could also see Daniel as Frederick in "The Pirates of Penzance". Being as diminutive he is has thus far not hindered his ability to play the Alpha Male.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:22:51 PM PDT
With cat- like tread?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:23:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 12:34:20 PM PST
I can also see him in two stage roles played by Michael Crawford--Charley Gordon in "Flowers for Algeron", and as Erik himself in "The Phanton of the Opera", if he ever decides on another spooky role.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:01:16 PM PST
Of course, there's another Michael Crawford role, but Mr. Radcliff might be getting a little old for the boy in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:33:58 PM PST
Interesting choice...But somehow, Dan seems too intelligent for Hero.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:48:05 AM PST
... although the Opera Ghost was a genius. But anyway, I don't think we've seen him do broad comic/ farcical roles like that, so who knows?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Harry Potter forum (238 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Harry Potter forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  163
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2012
Latest post:  18 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions