Customer Discussions > Health forum

Should marijuana be federally legalized?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2011 4:50:33 AM PDT
Heavy would be someone that smokes several times a day, everyday.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2011 6:02:16 PM PDT
Teresf says:
Yes it should be legal. It needs to be reclassified. It is considered to be a class 1 drug while cocaine, and methamphetamine are class 2 drugs that makes no sense at all..

Posted on May 19, 2011 6:39:59 PM PDT
makobe says:
I definitely think it should be legal. I am 47 yrs. old and tried it as a teen, I really didn't like it. About 15 yrs. ago I was a migraine sufferer when someone told me to give it a try, it worked but it gave me more of a headache trying to get it. I was on narcotics for the pain, you are so mistaken if you think that was a healthier choice. I have had a family member who used it successfully while going through chemo. I was also married to a man for 11 yrs. who used me as a punching bag when ever he got drunk but never hurt me when he smoked marijuana. Unfortunately it was easier for him to get alcohol. I truly believe the people that are against the legalization of marijuana just DO NOT know all the facts and they need to educate themselves and that doesn't mean just believing what the politicians are telling them. To get into all the good that hemp itself does is quite incredible! So please do the United States something good, educate yourself on the subject!

Posted on May 19, 2011 11:04:07 PM PDT
LaRaine says:
Yes, and I don't imbibe.

Posted on May 20, 2011 5:41:59 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
It has been suggested that cannabis might treat psoriasis, due to the anti-inflammatory properties of its cannabinoids, and the regulatory effects of THC on the immune system.[46] The adverse effects of cannabis might be overcome by use of more specific cannabinoid receptor medications,[47] to inhibit keratinocyte proliferation.[48]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2011 6:08:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2011 9:18:13 PM PDT
Ed Raton says:
There is no justification whatsoever for marijuana being an illegal drug while tobacco and alcohol can be purchased on virtually every street corner of every city in the country.

Why do we have laws? To protect the citizens from physical and financial harm. If that is so, why then is tobacco allowed to kill some 400,000 Americans annually, and alcohol 40,000-50,000 (although the actually toll is much higher, if the murders committed under the influence were actually reported)

I can understand why prohibition failed, and the government just threw its hands up and decided to tax the hell out of alcohol and and least get their cut. People were brewing their own hooch and having opening private bars down in their basements anyway.

So why doesn't the government get that about pot? It's easier to grow than it is to brew up a batch of moonshine, although it may take a little longer.

Pot will NEVER be eradicated from the earth, so it's time to quit wasting our meager tax resources on interdiction (an impossible task), allow entrepreneurs to grow and sell to anyone over the age of 21, and the government could reap billions in tax revenue.

I will be the first to say pot is not harmless, as others have stated. But, occasional use is nowhere near as harmful as cigarette smoking or drunk drivers out on the road.

Posted on May 20, 2011 6:23:01 PM PDT
I believe it should be more than legalized it should be decriminalized.. as in no one should have any power in regulating anyone else using, growing, selling or whatever.. it's the most studied 'drug' ever. Basically for the purpose of finding something horribly wrong with it, yet there's really no ill effects and the benefits are innumerable.. from reducing seizures, controling some parkenson & ms.s related issues, obviously chemo sufferers can usually find relief.. on and on the list goes.

You can abuse anything, not just pot, alochol, illeagle & prescription drugs etc.. People with zelotous or addictive natures are prone to finding all sorts of things besides drugs and alochol to become obsessed with.. religion, exercise, food, sex etc.. anything taken or done in excess isn't healthy..

There is a fine line in living. I believe i can define for myself what that fine line is & if i am not hurting anyone by doing whatever i do, than leave me be wether you like it or not.. I also believe you, whoever you are, you have the same right. You can choose to be responsible with whatever you do to. If what you do is, or becomes harmful to others than consequences will follow. Simple that. You know, what i'm writing is a simplified version of what our origional constitution says. It's to bad so many fearful and zelotous people found a following that allowed and helped them change our Constitution of the United States..

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2011 6:37:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 21, 2011 9:11:04 PM PDT]

Posted on May 20, 2011 10:18:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2011 10:18:47 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
It should be evident to any reasonable person of at least normal intelligence that the ban on cannabis remains for much the same reason the Federal Reserve's charter remains: both yield immense profit and power for a well-protected few.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2011 9:33:35 PM PDT
Yup yup.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2011 11:40:59 PM PDT
Hari Seldon says:
Beautifully said!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2011 11:42:50 PM PDT
Hari Seldon says:
Rev Huckabee probalbly was sipping burbon when he made this foolish statement.

Posted on May 22, 2011 5:28:41 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 5:37:24 AM PDT
Rubbish!

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 5:50:37 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 22, 2011 9:46:59 AM PDT
P. Machulski says:
Marijuana should be legalized, just think of the health benefits, it fight cancers too. Just look up health research on Marijuana. You can even invest in these research companies, just look up the stock symbols for General Cannabis Inc & Cannabis Science Inc Com.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 10:22:41 AM PDT
diana says:
I wouldn't leave a child in the care of someone who reeks of marijuana, nor would I leave a child in the care of anyone who reeks of alcohol. Alcohol is legal, but the sale is regulated. Why not do the same for marijuana?

Posted on May 22, 2011 10:39:37 AM PDT
Lovely Dancer, Who said anything about having your daycare worker smoke pot? A good day care center wouldn't allow that. And, if smoking cigarettes is not allowed in public places why would marijuana be allowed? Sheez, you people are gonna need knee replacements after all the knee-jerking you do in this discussion. Getting high be totally unnecessary for you. But, it helps me. I have rheumatoid arthritis and this stuff gives me relief from that. Go impose your sense of how I should live life on yourself. But, stay out of my life.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 11:59:41 AM PDT
We almost passed pots legalization in California...almost...next time we will. It has become such that people can just talk about it openly if they are using for medical reasons...now try that 10 years ago and you would have been socially rejected...the times they are a changin' Thank God in Heaven...which is where most of us go when we use pot. It's funny, women's groups used to say that men had a little known secret: Work is fun and rewarding! Now I say pot smokers have a little known secret: Pot takes you to sublime spiritual states that promote health, community, love, friendship, empathy, growth, sharing, understanding, higher consciousness, etc. This is why it is so hard to legalize...they don't want the masses waking up into higher consciousness. We all know this...but I suffer from thinking about the people in prison for this sacred gift to mankind. It really puts a cleaver between those who know and those who don't.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 12:10:05 PM PDT
Lol were you cryogenically frozen in 1950 or just trolling?

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 12:12:12 PM PDT
Beautifully put!

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 12:39:56 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
"Lovely" Dancer,
It is not true that "anyone who defends marijuana has already proven that they are hooked on it."

I have never used marijuana myself, and also think its smoke stinks, but I have seen how it worked far better than any prescription drug for a friend who was suffering intractable nausea. That friend disliked the "high" but needed an effective remedy for nausea during a severe illness, and she stopped using marijuana when she recovered from that illness. Honesty compels me to defend people's rights to control their own medical care. Those rights must be unrestricted by irrational and inhumane selective enforcement of arbitrary rules.

In my opinion, bigots and know-it-alls like you would make the worst doctors and legislators imaginable.

Posted on May 22, 2011 1:57:24 PM PDT
I would really rather be able to purchase marijuana to ease my all over pain(from RA, OA, carpal tunnel, muscle spasms, disc degeneration, etc) than to take the steroids and narcotic pain relievers that I have the only choice to help with these pain issues. I am 73 years old great-grand-mother and don't smoke or drink. If some of these so called do-gooders, who supposedly know what's best for others, would mind their own business or else have severe unremitting pain then they would be more likely to work towards making pot a legal non-criminal alternative. I'm sure that Big Pharma doesn't want it legalized it either. No money there.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 2:19:10 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 2:26:54 PM PDT
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What would happen if we stopped giving vaccines? 7040 4 hours ago
MONSANTO 6890 6 hours ago
Vitamins vs Whole Foods 658 7 hours ago
Plantar Fasciitis 500 2 days ago
Beware of Energy Drinks! 50 2 days ago
Help! I'm exhausted and have no energy to do much. 1380 3 days ago
Infant circumcision 3951 3 days ago
Rife Machine Usuage 3570 4 days ago
What is best for Neuropathy feet pain. 5 4 days ago
foot drop or drop foot 20 6 days ago
vibrational healing 0 8 days ago
PENETREX 0 9 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  435
Total posts:  1623
Initial post:  May 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions