Customer Discussions > Health forum

Berberine

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 106 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2012 9:54:00 AM PDT
lingran says:
Has anyone used berberine? And if so, how did it work for you?
My husband has diabetes and has been put on insulin and I have metabolic syndrome without the diabetes. I can't seem to find many actual user experiences; good or bad.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 9:30:13 PM PDT
Captain says:
What is it?

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 6:37:39 AM PDT
Have you looked for products containing "berberine" here on amazon? There are a few, 2 of them have some reviews from people who have used them. Maybe this would help you find the info you are looking for? One of them is this one: GlycoX 500 with Berberine HCL 500mg 60 Capsules.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 9:38:01 AM PDT
lingran says:
Thanks. I looked at the reviews, but I was hoping to get some more info.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 9:40:40 AM PDT
lingran says:
It's an herb that supposed to control blood sugar levels and various other conditions. Do a google search and you'll see.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 4:03:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 4:07:16 PM PDT
I would checkout Glycosolve from Leaner Living. It is the purest berberine available. I know many who have gotten off of their insulin with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 11:47:09 AM PDT
lingran says:
Thanks for your input. I actually bought some from Dr Julian Whitaker. His newsletter is where I originally heard about berberine. We're trying it to see if it helps my husband's diabetes and my blood pressure and cholesterol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 1:30:53 PM PDT
Captain says:
If your husband has been put on insulin how are you going to determine if this "herb" helps?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:01:56 AM PDT
lingran says:
He hasn't started the insulin yet. He's still on oral meds. As of this morning his sugar seems to be coming down.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 12:13:17 PM PDT
My naturopathic doctor recommended Douglas Labratories's berberine, said it has more of the berberine. I had to get off the drug Metformin because it caused stomach problems and now use the berberine instead. My gluclose readings have remained good. I do strictly adhere to the recommended low carb diet and excercise guidelines. It has been my experience that the berberine is as good as the Metformin, without the negative side-effects.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2012 1:07:09 PM PDT
lingran says:
Thanks for the information. He's doing well on the berberine. At first it gave him some major stomach problems but now it's better. He's still taking some glipazide, but not the insulin. His kidney finction has improved and his A1c also.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 12:19:19 PM PDT
Glycosolve 500 mg Berberine 60 caps

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 9:18:51 AM PDT
lingran says:
Thanks for your response. We found it on Dr Whitaker's website and my husband has gotten very good results. His Dr. is very pleased.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 10:23:07 AM PDT
Andrew King says:
"I actually bought some from Dr Julian Whitaker. His newsletter is where I originally heard about berberine."

I would recommend checking out use of this supplement with a physician who is knowledgeable about treating diabetes, instead of a supplement dealer like Whitaker who makes money from its sale.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 4:08:00 PM PDT
lingran says:
I did mention in my last post that my husband's diabetes doctor is very pleased with the results.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:28:39 PM PDT
Captain says:
You are shilling and it's quite obvious.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 7:13:07 AM PDT
lingran says:
I'm not "shilling". I'm telling interested people what works for us.It isn't the brand name that counts it's whether or not it works.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:19:42 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:21:54 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:20:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:23:31 AM PST
OldAmazonian says:
So, lingran, where is a randomized double-blind trial that suggests berberine works?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:11:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:21:18 AM PST
Tia says:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=121034;p=0

BERBERINE - LINKS SET with dozens of research citations

Includes links to guide one to a holistic MD &/or a ND (naturopathic physician) with education in this area of medicine.

A good quality PROBIOTIC blend should be taken - hours away from supplements and Rx. Probiotics will help the GI tract with good bacteria but should not be taken at the same time as the Berberine (some foods such as garlic and some other supplements) may negate the full action of Probiotics.

Regarding blood sugar stabilization, GREEN TEA is also very helpful, even nutritious. But the loose tea is best. Avoid any tea bags that contain "natural flavors" as that can be a code word for MSG and too "exciting" to our nerve cells.

Other things that can help: garlic; GYMNEMA (Gymnema sylvestre) - just use the same links as posted in the Berberine set above to search.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:27:50 AM PST
Tia says:
I mentioned GREEN TEA in previous reply. Be sure that all tea cups, mugs, pots, etc. are lead-free and preferably also cadmium-free. But then, ALL dishes and cookware should be. Heavy metals can cause all kinds of health troubles.

Some safe ceramic dinnerware and tea pots: EmersonCreekPottery.com - made in Virginia; Chantal.com has safe mugs and wonderful infuser mugs, too, though not US made. FiestaWare is safe, made in U.S. but very heavy so start with one piece and see how that works for you.

ForLife CURVE infuser mug is safe. Not sure where that is made.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:20:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 7:23:44 PM PST
Travelgirl says:
There are at least two double blinds on berberine for blood sugar www.pubmed.gov; one at 1 gram a day; one at 1.5 gram a day. At 1.5 gram a day, equivalent effectiveness to Metformin. Had a wide spectrum of positive effects on all the met syndrome: cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. Works by a different mechanism of action from statins so could be used by people who can't tolerate statins. Also seems to helpful for liver.

There are some very interesting in vitro and in vivo studies on mechanism of action. One thing it does is trigger AMPK, the master "energy sensor." It really is a very exciting compound.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 6:45:42 PM PST
lingran says:
Thanks for the information. My husband is doing well on it, but I have naturally low blood sugar and can't use it although I have the rest of the met syndrome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:43:22 AM PST
Zarathustra says:
ridiculous: "Physicians who are knowledgeable about treating diabetes" invariably recommend dangerous pharmaceutical drugs that have numerous side effects , mask symptoms and are often fatal. Have you even read Julian Whitaker's material" He has spent his life helping people who have been harmed by conventional "medicine."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:21:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 12:01:51 PM PST
Tia says:
To find a physician who is formally educated and has experience in various approaches, seek out a naturopathic doctor (ND), acupuncturists (L.Ac.) or one with similar training. While this thread at a lyme discussion board is geared to finding a ND who knows about lyme (as most doctors do not), the same basic organizational links for ND, L.Ac., etc. are helpful for anyone.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find a N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor); L.Ac. (Acupuncturist); D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine); D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine); D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine); Integrative / Holistic M.D., etc.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Rife Machine Usuage 2439 5 minutes ago
MONSANTO 4706 21 minutes ago
Portable Oxygen Concentrators 311 30 minutes ago
Anyone have any recommendations for Anxiety? 62 7 hours ago
Dandruff help! 25 2 days ago
Tips for Weight Loss 18 2 days ago
PFO closure 3 2 days ago
which is best Resveratrol product (not too expensive)? 2840 2 days ago
Any Diet Books with a Humorous Slant? 3 3 days ago
Blu Cigs 179 3 days ago
How to get mats out of a long haired cat's fur 57 3 days ago
Is there a simple solution to America's Weight Problem? 58 5 days ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  106
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions