Customer Discussions > Health forum

What do you think about raspberry ketones?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 8:32:25 PM PST
George Simon says:
I have been thinking about purchasing Raspberry Ketones- 100% Natural Weight Loss Supplement - 500 Mg - 50 Gram Jar. Has this worked for anyone? I would like to hear input from others before I purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:33:09 AM PST
Kort says:
I have tried the Swanson Raspberry Keytones. Aside from a pleasant smell and small capsule size, I can't really say that I noticed anything special when I took them. Of course effectiveness also depends on secondary habits like exercise and proper diet, and the product you listed also appears to be of a great potency. I say give it a try and see if it works for you -- just don't expect a magic pill.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:55:01 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I would recommend the proper diet and moderate exercise and save the money you spend on supplements to buy better quality food to eat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:50:16 PM PST
Raspberry leaf tea is occasionally used medicinally. I cannot recall what it is good for, right now. I think just general cleansing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:50:52 PM PST
Supplements can save your life. My physician prescribes them all of the time to help with lyme disease.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:01:38 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
Depends on the supplement and on the disease. But most supplements that claim to aid weight loss are nothing but a way to part you from your money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:37:04 PM PST
None of the supplements I take are related to weight loss.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:37:52 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
That's what the OP was about, a weight loss product.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:47:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:48:12 PM PST
But, not all supplements are weight loss products--like Calcium, Vitamins, etc. Certainly raspberry leaf tea has nothing to do with weight loss so I am not sure what the "keytones" are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:58:51 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I know that, Kathleen. But this product is being advertised as a weight loss supplement.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:17:02 PM PST
I would much rather spend my money on FRESH RASPBERRIES. They are delicious and are a superfood really. I see little on the sales page here at amazon to suggest where the ketones come into it, but they are not a happy chemical to have in excess, albeit a natural one and one that can save your life. If the ketones do any good whatsoever as a supplement, I would suggest it would be to sharpen up the brain function, which may not be such a bad thing.

Cheers,

John$

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:46:50 PM PST
Julianna says:
PLEASE check this out before you buy any products. This is not my site it is a search I did and it show the part of the Dr. Oz show that speaks about Raspberry Ketone. Again, not MY site but you will learn what to by and what to watch for!

http://www.app-approved.com/l/raspberryketones824nv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 3:38:46 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
John L. Smith sez,
"I would much rather spend my money on FRESH RASPBERRIES. If the ketones do any good whatsoever as a supplement, I would suggest it would be to sharpen up the brain function, which may not be such a bad thing."

Excellent suggestions for Oz fans.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:15:35 AM PST
widowTink says:
Why do people think a chemical pill will give them the same benefits as eating a healthy diet of whole foods? It's just not going to happen, and I'd rather have the fresh raspberries anyway. There's no quick, easy way out. Eat well and exercise or get sick and die. Complicating matters with fancy-schmancy laboratory-created weight loss supplements that are all pretty much counting on the placebo effect to be successful are only helpful in a financial way to the entities selling it. I try to look beyond the veil of marketing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 12:17:50 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
Michael Pollan says it best: eat food, real food, not too much, and mostly vegetables.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 12:18:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 12:21:55 PM PST
Most definitely the way to go, Tink.

If we take the raspberry completely apart, then separate out the "Vital" substances, concentrate them and stabilise them, standardise them and market them, OK, so we have lots of substances that are the in thing with the logic strings of both producers and consumers.

What we miss out on, is what they throw away. They throw what they don't know about yet, away. Indeed, it is what they don't know about yet that makes the fresh raspberry such good value! When you eat the whole, ripe fruit (vegetable included) you get everything it takes to make that plant live and flourish.

Tear it apart and throw parts away, then reconstruct it, preserve it etc., and about all you do is pay the wages of lots of people and loads of indirect taxation.

Next time you see berries of any sort (edible, that is) growing in the wild, pull up and have a good feed of them. Your gut will be very happy.

Cheers,

John$
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Vitamins vs Whole Foods 462 13 minutes ago
Help! I'm exhausted and have no energy to do much. 1380 7 hours ago
Infant circumcision 3951 9 hours ago
What would happen if we stopped giving vaccines? 7025 10 hours ago
Rife Machine Usuage 3570 1 day ago
What is best for Neuropathy feet pain. 5 1 day ago
MONSANTO 6869 1 day ago
Plantar Fasciitis 499 2 days ago
Beware of Energy Drinks! 47 2 days ago
foot drop or drop foot 20 3 days ago
vibrational healing 0 5 days ago
PENETREX 0 6 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions