Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Halloween
Customer Discussions > Health forum

Is the *Flood Your Body With Oxygen* (Hydrogen Peroxide CANCER CURE) good science?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 241 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2010 10:48:06 PM PDT
Amicus says:
Hi. I am interested in preventing the spread of cancer.

I have not yet read this book....

Flood Your Body with Oxygen

This book is about an alternative treatment for cancer and other diseases. The author, Mr. Ed McCabe, is apparently not a doctor. He wrote an earlier book called *Oxygen Therapies.*

The treatment involves taking a very tiny amount of FOOD GRADE Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) every day -- not the stuff you normally buy at the Drug Store. You have to special order it I think; you can buy it from Amazon too.

And gradually, you increase the amount of H2O2 day by day -- with the goal of saturating your body with oxygen.

Apparently, cancer is anaerobic. It cannot thrive where there is oxygen.

So the theory of this treatment is that food-grade Hydrogen Peroxide, properly diluted, and consumed orally, will release oxygen throughout your body, stopping the growth of tumors (and possibly shrinking them).

I am curious if this is good science.

If you google HYDROGEN PEROXIDE THERAPY you can find lots of info.

Unfortunately, I don't have a science background and cannot tell if the theory is sound.

I went to the "quackwatch" website (the only website suggested by the Sloan-Kettering Cancer website for info about this therapy),
but quite honestly, I wasn't impressed with the thoroughness of this article.

Is anyone able to explain the scientific basis for it working or failing?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010 5:22:46 AM PDT
The idea that more oxygen can cure a laundry list of ailments, in and of itself, is junk science. "Oxygen deficiency" is not an underlying cause of disease.

The idea that you can generate usable oxygen by ingesting hydrogen peroxide is bogus also. What happens to most gases that are generated in the stomach?

And lastly, taking oxygen into the stomach through a liquid, pill, or food would not significantly raise the body's blood level of oxygen as the stomach and intestines have very limited ability to absorb oxygen.

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 8:32:57 AM PDT
N. Perz says:
Actually, I believe that oxygen is one of the major causes of cancer....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010 10:11:10 AM PDT
If one believes in the concept of free radicals (reactive oxygen species) being carcinogenic...then you are correct!

Oxygen is chemically really nasty stuff. Look at damage forms of oxidation can do.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010 8:34:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2010 9:04:52 PM PDT
The idea that cancer cells are purely anaerobic is not the reality of the disease. These cells can still use the enzymes in the citric acid cycle and use oxygen in their oxidative phosphorylation pathways in whatever mitochondria are available (that is, they use oxygen to derive energy from sugar like a normal cell) but they can also function in lower oxygen concentrations. The main aberration taking place in cancer cells has little to do with oxygen metabolism but rather more to do about genes telling cells to stop dividing. *Edited to include* cancer cells secrete hormones that spark angiogenesis, or the growth of new blood vessels to tumors, to help oxygenate and feed the cancer cells as they grow and multiply. If they were purely anaerobic then this trait would not be selectively advantageous.

Also, there is no such thing as food grade hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is hydrogen peroxide made of the same hydrogen and oxygen atoms, so unless there are impurities that come about from the manufacturing and packaging process there is no need for gradations in classifying reagent chemical compounds.

Posted on May 1, 2010 7:32:29 PM PDT
Amicus says:
Thank you, everyone, for taking time to answer this. It's very decent of you all.

It's easy to latch onto hope in new cures. I guess that's why Stanley's Miracle Snake Oil Liniment was a big seller, in its day. I appreciate the info.!

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010 7:40:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2010 10:24:22 PM PDT
Ed Raton says:
You answered your question twice in two sentences without even realizing it; "The author, Mr. Ed McCabe, is apparently not a doctor. He wrote an earlier book called *Oxygen Therapies.*"

He's not a doctor, probably not even a scientist, if you're lucky he has a college degree from on online university!

This is junk science at its worst. Giving false hope to cancer patients, perhaps allowing more time for the cancer to spread before they seek real medical advice.

Remember the "shark cartilage" craze? Some numbnuts reasoned that since sharks don't get cancer, let's grind up their cartilage and sell it to people in the hopes that it'll prevent cancer!

This is the same type of faulty logic, and I suggest you don't waste your money or time reading Ed McCabe's drivel.

Posted on May 6, 2010 12:32:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2010 12:41:11 PM PDT
Alexandra says:
oxygen creates free radicals, and causes cancer.... the reason why breathing doesnt kill you is because of the the antioxidant system...thats why they fight aging, by preventing free radicals from causing damage to cells.

but i have read that too many antioxidants can also cause cancer because some cells have to be killed by free radicals. it really is a very complex and delicate balance, which someone without a large amount of experience with biology and chemistry cannot speculate on.

basing treatments on such broad assumptions without even getting into this very detailed and complex knowledge is definitely a sign of a quack. that's pretty much what they did back before know, when blood transfusion from goats was standard practice.

cancer cells do LOVE sugar, though. I've read about a study where they found cancer remission quite common in patients eating low-carb. however, the body needs carbs, too, and the study failed because eventually most of the patients ended up going on carb binges.

Posted on May 17, 2010 6:24:36 PM PDT
I haven't seen any valuable answers yet in this discussion. I'm personally examining the subject of H2O2 therapy, but haven't spent enough time on it yet to come to any conclusions.

I agree that a lot of what is said about it is junk science. However, that doesn't mean there isn't something there. Lack of proof isn't proof of lack.
The fact that much of what is said is anecdotal doesn't mean that it doesn't work. It just means better proof is needed.
Full-scale clinical trials will never be done. That's true about any natural therapy, such as vitamins in many cases. The fact that valuable potential therapies haven't been studied says less about these therapies than it does about medical science. You can't use ignorance of something to justify being ignorant of it.
The fact that McCabe isn't a doctor doesn't affect H2O2.
There may be such a thing as oxygen-deficiency health problems (isn't that part of the problem in low hemoglobin?)

I do know, or have heard, a couple of things, which may or may not be relevant for this discussion. For one thing, macrophage create hydrogen peroxide to kill the microbes they've captured. Also, cancer cells are prone to damage by h2o2 because they lack catalase, the enzyme that breaks it down.

There is such thing as food-grade h2o2, although it may be a misnomer, since it's hard to describe it as "food". What is labelled as such simply is more pure.

Maybe a new discussion should be started more generally about h202 usage.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 8:40:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2010 8:43:14 PM PDT
Cancer thrives on sugar, so it would seem prudent to curb one's sweet tooth, and perhaps eliminate sucrose and other sugars altogether. I'd avoid artifical sweetners as well. Just because they're not sugar doesn't necessarily mean that they're automatically good for you. Xylitol is a natural alternative, a natural substance that's FDA approved and has been around for decades. It's anathema to a host of mouth, nose and throat infections as well. It's been used in Scandinavia for decades where they have vastly lower rates of cavities and gum infections compared to our sugar-based foolishness here in the US. It's criminally negligent that so few people here in the US know this, as it would prevent vast physical and finanical suffering. As for cancer, it would be interesting to know if xylitol is indigestable to cancer as well. However, as cancer cells readily adapt in order to propogate, that may not be the case in the long-term even if it would be so initially.

Posted on May 26, 2010 11:11:06 AM PDT
K. Meyers says:
"Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar." -- Dr. Otto H. Warburg in Lecture

"Why then does it happen that in spite of all this so little is done towards the prevention of cancer? The answer has always been that one does not know what cancer or the prime cause of cancer [might] be, and that one cannot prevent something that is not known.

But nobody today can say that one does not know what cancer and its prime cause [may] be. On the contrary, there is no disease whose prime cause is better known, so that today ignorance is no longer an excuse that one cannot do more about prevention. That prevention of cancer will come there is no doubt, for man wishes to survive. But how long prevention will be avoided depends on how long the prophets of agnosticism will succeed in inhibiting the application of scientific knowledge in the cancer field. In the meantime, millions of men must die of cancer unnecessarily." - Otto Warburg

Posted on May 26, 2010 12:03:09 PM PDT
Hydrogen Peroxide is a free radical that damages cells. Cell contain special enzymes (catalase) just for the purpose of getting rid of H2O2 which is the foaming or fizzing effect one will see when hydrogen peroxide is poured onto a petri plate of bacteria, skinned knee, ect. The only thing you'll get from drinking diluted hydrogen peroxide is an upset stomach. I do recommend swishing your mouth out every once in a while with 3% H2O2 to kill bacteria in your mouth and whiten your teeth.

Posted on May 26, 2010 12:14:54 PM PDT
JCousteau says:
Hi, I'm a medical student who used to work in an oxidative stress laboratory and a leukemia laboratory. Not all cancer exists in a hypoxic (low-oxygen) environment, especially "blood cancers" like leukemia. Sure, cancer cells do have rates of glycolysis (a way to break down glucose for energy without oxygen) around 200 times higher than healthy cells, but carrying out glycolysis isn't bad at all, as healthy red blood cells use glycolysis to survive.

Cancer has a range of causes, but it all boils down to mutations in DNA (such as mutations in the p53 alleles, CYLD, etc). The future of cancer therapy is "targeted molecular therapy" like Imatinib or other medicines that "target" cancer cells. I highly recommend reading research articles from Dr. Lewis Chodosh, an MD/PhD at the University Pennsylvania.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2010 12:52:41 PM PDT
My husband died of Thyroid Cancer, which is the most treatable form of cancer out there. Unfortunately he was in the advanced stages of stage 4 when diagnosed. There was no time left to save him. BUT......I can say the following and it might be helpful to anyone out there who may have some more time than he had:

We were able to get six more months than we were told. He was sent home to Hospice care and the doctor told us he had less than 1 month left. Since there was nothing left the medical profession could do, we turned to holistic medicine and put him on a strict Alkalizing diet recommended by a nutritionist we knew. As a result...we were able to get six months instead of one and I believe that had we known sooner and started sooner we could have saved him. The Alkalizing diet plan and the Cesium supplements and vitamin supplements. Google it. Google "alkalizing diet for cancer" and "cesium cancer treatment".

He ate like a horse. (most cancer patients stop eating). He loved the taste of the food. All fresh. His pain was diminished as a result of the food he food he took in. He actually began to gain weight again a little bit, but, like I said, he was waaaay too far gone by the time we even found out. If you're in early stage 4 I urge you to learn about alkalizing your body to kill cancer cells. There is hope. We used test strips to test his salive everyday and he went from extremely acidic (when we started the diet after we were told he had a month left) to neutral to alkalized. He even gave off an acrid odor from the acidity. Once we had him eating only alkalizing foods, the odor went away.

The baths in mineral clays and mineral salts (also designed to alkalize his body) alleviated his pain so much he felt relaxed and happy afterward for almost the whole day. It was wonderful to see the relief on his face and the calmness that overcame him after suffering so much pain in all his bones. (The cancer had metastasized to his bones).

That's my experience. I still miss him a lot. Great guy. Everybody loved him. We'll all continue to miss him.

Best of luck to you.

Posted on May 26, 2010 7:17:00 PM PDT
You cannot apply H2O2 to cancerous cells without killing healthy ones....and as Android mentioned, it wouldn't address the root cause of cancer anyway. If treatment was just this simple, cancer wouldn't be the menace it is.

Also, alkalizing the "body" is such a horrible myth, I'm amazed it is still perpetuated to any degree. You cannot change pH of any tissue in the body (if in fact you could) without damaging adjacent tissue. The main problem with tumors is that they have blood supply like all other tissue and even the slightest changes in blood pH starts to cause havoc on organs. Also, any changes in pH are EFFECTS of disease, NOT the CAUSE. Even if it was possible to treat by changing pH, you would still be treating a symptom of disease, not the root cause.

Posted on May 26, 2010 7:24:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2010 7:30:18 PM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
According to the ATSDR, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, a branch of the CDC, at,

"Hydrogen peroxide can be toxic if ingested, inhaled, or by contact with the skin or eyes. Inhalation of household strength hydrogen peroxide (3%) can cause respiratory irritation. Exposure to household strength hydrogen peroxide can cause mild ocular irritation. Inhalation of vapors from concentrated (higher than 10%) solutions may result in severe pulmonary irritation.

Ingestion of dilute solutions of hydrogen peroxide may result in vomiting, mild gastrointestinal irritation, gastric distension, and on rare occasions, gastrointestinal erosions or embolism (blockage of blood vessels by air bubbles). Ingestion of solutions of 10-20% strength produces similar symptoms, but exposed tissues may also be burned. Ingestion of even more concentrated solutions, in addition to the above, may also induce rapid loss of consciousness followed by respiratory paralysis...."

I would have to question the sanity of anyone who ingests hydrogen peroxide repeatedly.....The internet may be the information superhighway, but it is also the fantasy superhighway. You have to figure out what a site is, what it is promoting, who runs it, etc., before quoting from it willy-nilly. I quoted from a CDC site because I have confidence in their information. If you start checking out the sites that come up when you Google Gerson or Cesium cancer treatment or the like, you have to realize that you are headed for quack city.

Posted on May 30, 2010 8:16:18 PM PDT
Spellman says:
Oxygen and glucose are essential to life. This is called the Krebs Cycle. Glucose is the preferred fuel for all cells, cancer cells included as their basic reqirements for life are not changed, just the mechanisms to limit their life span (simplistic view). Hydrogen peroxide is a poison if ingested. We don't use it to cleanse wounds at full strength as it damages tissues.

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 1:45:48 PM PDT
I would only worry about something being good science in relation to cancer cure if there have been clinical trials demonstrating some effect. Theoretical suppositions time and time again prove irrelevenat with this disease accept what is known enough to motivate clinical trials and get statistics. I don't know exactly the theoretical basis why this is supposed to do anything so I wouldn't be the one to perform clinical trials even if I had the people and facilities

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2010 4:42:45 PM PDT
It is not true that glucose is the preferred fuel for all cells. Muscle cells are designed to use circulating fatty acids as main fuel for normal low level activities then switch to carbohydrate at higher exercise activities. The heart muscle is designed to use fatty acids as the preferred fuel under all conditions. Organs such as the liver use either blood glucose or fatty acids as primary fuel source depending on the blood glucose level. Certain cells in the lower digestive tract use amino acids from digestive protein breakdown as the preferred fuel

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2010 6:58:13 PM PDT
Thank you, Matthew, this is a good post.

In the books I read, much emphasis is made of the differences between our fight and flight mode and our recovery mode. Just how we get enough glucose to the needy cells is different in both modes. Far too much emphasis has been placed on the metabolism of action, far too little on the metabolism of recovery.

Maybe it is OK to state that cancer is caused by insufficient recovery mode.

There are many excellent posts here already. The one's who try to dumb us down about oxygen are as quackish as are the ones who try to get us to drink the Hydrogen Peroxide. We have been down this lane repeatedly at my table, and also here in amazon forums.

Many readers in this thread are acquainted with my stance on natural honey and the hydrogen peroxide producing enzyme the bees add to the nectar in the process of converting the nectar to honey. So rather than repeat those same posts here ad nauseum, how's about I post an article I wrote back in 2005 that is now posted in the files of a yahoo group I started called homemade_health. In it I attempt to sum up the oxygen issue as best I could. Don't feel obligated to read it, only if you really want to know how I would answer the opening post.

The script is Entitled:

The World's Second-Best-Kept Secret

Oxygen............... is the word.

We see it mentioned everywhere, ............... it is everywhere.............. it is everything
to us for life, as without it we will die within a few minutes. We do take it for granted,
of course, both in the air and in our water.......... until we aren't getting enough, then
we start to see it through a different set of eyes. But like Fasting, information about
its role has been allowed to slip away unheralded and in fact filed in the `dangerous'
category. In truth, Oxygen is dangerous. It is not only the `giver of life' it also is a
`taker away.' It will burn your insides out, set fire to your carpet and vaporise your
spaceship when things go wrong. But with diminished and insufficient quantities in
my body, I would feel like I was dying for the rest of my miserable life!

So let's do Yoga! Indeed, lets do. But I haven't yet, and many have, and they all get
good results, but can all of our Oxygen requirements come from the air we breathe?
Science tells us that the Oxygen levels in our atmosphere are falling when seen in the
very long term, so like fish who find their watery home loosing Oxygen, we may be
getting more and more deficient, even if only from environmental causes.

Our bodies also depend on Oxygen coming into the digestive process from the food we
eat. We suffer a great loss of vigour when that food sourced Oxygen is insufficient.
There are myriad products on the market that address this problem, but few who
promote them want you to focus on the Oxygen content and function. The big
exception to this is the folk who promote the use of Oxygenated Water (detrimentally
named Hydrogen Peroxide ........... so named it sounds like such a bad chemical we all
shy clear of it). However, Hydrogen Peroxide is the key form of Oxygen used in all of
nature to promote life functions. It is simply water that had collected an extra Oxygen
molecule, the extra one being also negatively named a `free radical.'

When the babbling brook falls down between the rocks and stumps in the forest it
gurgles away and `purifies' itself, so we all have learned that tumbling water is OK to
drink. Oxygen from the air is attaching itself to the water as it tumbles and it is that
extra molecule of Oxygen that kills off the bacteria that may well have been carried in
that water for a few moments as it tumbles.

When we cut an apple, and leave it exposed for a few moments, it commences to go
brown. We were told "The air has got to it. It is the Oxygen!" Indeed, it was `the
Oxygen' but it was more the Oxygen escaping from the apple than it was the airborne
Oxygen getting in. There is very little `free-radical' Oxygen in the air, but the apple
was full of it before we cut it. So why did the apple go brown?

Most living tissue (probably in the sea there are many exceptions) whether animal or
plant life depend on the Hydrogen Peroxide in their juices to kill off any invaders like
mould spores, yeast, microbes etc. So immediately we cut the apple, plug the
watermelon, bruise the leaf or even break the skin of a living animal or person, it is the
Oxygen Peroxide (by and large) which is called in to deal with the invaders. A good
healthy apple may only go brown slowly, and a well grown watermelon may seal itself
off and not sour immediately. Hail damaged cherries are an example of a piece of fruit
that has been exposed to all those invaders, but has healed itself over and continued to
grow and ripen. However, fruit that has been sitting in the fruit bowl for many days
may not have sufficient Oxygen still in it to heal itself, and it may just go `off,' as we
call it, pretty quickly.

Many of the `antibiotics' as they are named are simply compounds that have the ability
to store Oxygen, even in powdered form, until it gets into the blood stream, where it
then can be used by the body to kill off our invaders. But how did life survive and
flourish on this planet before mankind invented `antibiotics?'

The apples of that garden in Eden would have been full of Hydrogen Peroxide, and
Eve is not reported to have cooked it! Yes, cooking releases most all the free Oxygen
from our vegetables, fruits and probably meats as well. So there you have it, Modern
Man's diet is heavily weighted in favour of cooked foods............ all being Oxygen
deficient. And even the foods we eat raw are often aged somewhat and thus
considerably deficient in Oxygen from having been off the `vine' where they were last
well supplied. Don't forget, of course, that even the plants live in the same Oxygen
diminished atmosphere we spoke of earlier, not that Eden was that many years ago in
the very long terms of Planetary Oxygen Depletion.

So, pioneers of thought launched us into raw foods many years ago, and soon the
`juicer' arrived, all designed to get us the required Hydrogen Peroxide we needed, but
more often than not shrouded in conversation about Vitamins and Enzymes. Oxygen
must be kept a secret, remember, sort of like locking the guns up in a safe place, to
keep the children from getting access to them! Of course, commercial interest must be
protected too, and Oxygen is a very common and free flowing commodity.

But who wants to make fresh juices? Who has time to sit and grind their way through
a plate full of raw fruit and vegetables? Would we be able to sustain the busy lifestyle
we have come to consider natural without the digestive help of cooking? We all crave
an easy way out of our dilemmas. So we quickly adapted (with the help of our
Health Food Shop and the food processing companies) to drinking juices `fresh' from
the farm, whether frozen, canned, dried, or otherwise, we took to drinking
manufactured juices as though they were the great elixirs of life. Unfortunately, the
first thing to escape from those juices was the Hydrogen Peroxide.

Then lo and behold, mankind also invented the `Popper' as we call them in Australia.
............. those little cardboard boxes with juice in them, proudly marked, "No
preservatives!" What they didn't tell us up front, though, was that the aluminium foil
sandwiched into the cardboard and plastic of that carton was the key to making it
possible for them to add `water' (just as it says on that required by law label), but in
this case it was Oxygenated Water. Yes, that same compound badly named for the
Public, as Hydrogen Peroxide. Apparently the free radical molecule of Oxygen would
have eaten its way through any previously invented type of container rather quickly,
but the plastic and metal cardboard combination made it possible for it to be retained in
the juice. What better persevering compound would one wish for, as it can be legally
described on the label as `water.'

So did we invent the perfect juice? Well, hard on the heels of that little `breakthrough'
came those folks who were practising the direct consumption of the Supermarket
sourced Hydrogen Peroxide. "Just a few drops in your drinks every day and you will
be cured of your Cancer," they told us.

Well, don't let me pour cold water (whether Oxygenated or not!) on anyone's cancer
cure. If it works for you, go for it! Myself?, ........ well I was reared to believe that
there were no quick fixes, no magic bullets, no `wonder products' that could transform
a body, sick from poor lifestyle, into a healthy, radiant vehicle for my spirit. Having
always believed that my body will never be any healthier than my spirit (mind or soul,
or whatever else I should be calling my life spark!), I did not buy into the use of
Hydrogen Peroxide, because I could see that it would only become another crutch to
prop up a faulty lifestyle, and that in the long run it could not produce radiant health
and the joy that should accompany that health. In fact I had an occasion once to
observe the lacklustre vitality of a person who was heavily into that mode of cure, and
I was not impressed.

It was thanks to Carey Reams, who insisted that the optimum diet should include
`fresh leafy greens' that I went to the Supermarket in search of suitable greens. Well,
in Australia, they simply weren't there. It was summertime, when hot and dry
prevailed, and the closest I could come to buying greens was an offering of Spinach, as
we call it, also known as Chard. but it had been grown in so much free Nitrogen that
the stems were green as well as the leaf and it proved to be down right poisonous. So
I resorted to another, under-promoted food (in 1980 that is), that of growing my own
wheat sprouts.

Now freshly prepared Wheat Grass Juice was a miracle worker for me. And I don't
hesitate to recommend it to others, but the point I want to stress here now, is that as
soon as I have poured it into my glass, the bubbles start to float on the top. What is
making the bubbles? It must be the Hydrogen Peroxide escaping. Sure, there is still a
ton of good Vitamin E there, along with myriad other goodies and they may remain
stable longer than just an hour or so, but effectively that juice will be devoid of any
Hydrogen Peroxide by lunch time (it stops bubbling!). Yet almost everywhere one
finds mention or display of product boasting the magic of the Wheat Grass Juice, it is
in some state or stage of processing, preserving, `improving' etc., as they are want to
call it, to prepare it for the market and give it a good shelf life!

So the commercialisation of any product has to be seen as suspect! All that
"Improving" you see touted is mostly from the commercial point of view, it makes it
easier to market that product, but for the person looking to restore health, it has
already been downgraded. This is not to say it is not a good product.......... far from it.
It may well be the best value on the supermarket shelf, but it will not do for your health
what that apple would have done, had you eaten it in the Garden.

Short Cuts and easy solutions are the bane of our well being. Just as sub-contracting
the responsibility for our health to others is always fraught with risk and limitations.

So much depends on where in the energy scale you are content to exist. If you buy
into consensus thinking, you can run along for the average number of years with an
average amount of joy. If that is sufficient for your needs, then all is well. As John
Harrison says, you are happy with the diseases you are nurturing. But doesn't it make
you green with envy when you meet someone who is glowing with energy and joy?
Sure, those same folks have their downer days too, and we may not witness that part
of their cycle, but when you find them repeatedly and consistently `high' on vitality,
you just have to wonder why you can't have some of that too.

So here are some things about Oxygen to double check you health philosophy against
as you cruise through your day.

Anaerobic Bacteria are the Baddies (they live in an Oxygen Deficient environment).
Aerobic Bacteria are the Goodies. They thrive in the presence of Oxygen.
Cancer Cells cannot live in the presence of Oxygen.
Cooking removes most all of the free Oxygen.
We were told we had to cook our food to get rid of the germs!
Storage of `Processed' foods promotes the loss of Oxygen.
There is a very fine line between too little and too much Oxygen.
Good food is probably the safest place to find the proportion correctly balanced.
Non sterilised Honey contains an enzyme called `Oxidase.'
Oxidase converts the sugars in the honey to Hydrogen Peroxide in the gut.
Pigs wont fatten on raw swill. It must be cooked!
Oxygen is free! Radically Free!

Just think of how much money you could spend on fun if you didn't have to buy
antibiotics, health insurance, life insurance, after-life insurance! If Oxygen doesn't kill
you, it could extend your life, not only in chronological terms, but also in how much
life you enjoy each day.

So why is there so much `establishment' badmouthing of Oxygen? Why wouldn't our
mother and our Sunday School Teacher tell us about it? What is the first thing they
pump in to one when they get his stricken body into the ambulance?

How much Hydrogen Peroxide did you get from your food yesterday? If it was
enough, you should be having a great day today! So be it! ........... and many more
good days to follow!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2010 10:08:05 PM PDT
"So why is there so much `establishment' badmouthing of Oxygen?"

Nobody is badmouthing oxygen. They are badmouthing the poorly documented and unsubstantiated claims that are being touted as simple cures.

And I really have no idea why you insist on bringing up Carey Reams. You cannot alkalize the body, and that is why Reams Biological Theory of Ionization is meaningless. You cannot run out of the arms of failing mainstream health care and into the awaiting arms of false science. Anyone with a chem degree today knows that the body has mechanisms in place to stabilize pH (e.g. bicarbonates, proton pumps, etc...) and that Biological Theory of Ionization was conceived of in the 50s....a time when we did not understand body pH. People with end-stage cancers can have a perfectly normal urinalysis. It's meaningless and a waste of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2010 3:55:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2010 4:35:49 AM PDT
And we won't even bring up the fact that hydrogen peroxide and ozone (the prefered modalities of the O2 quacks) are NOT oxygen.

John said:
"Hydrogen Peroxide is the key form of Oxygen used in all of
nature to promote life functions. It is simply water that had collected an extra Oxygen"

Utter rubbish! Ever hear of valence electrons?
The key form of oxygen used by living organisms is O2 because it is able to accept the two electrons used to power ATP production.

And who cares about oxygen in food? The amount of oxygen absorbed in the digestive tract is negligible.

And while GOX creates H2O2 in honey, the catalase degrades it.

And the fact that water is "babbling" does NOT mean it is purified!

Your science is incredibly weak, you should refrain from giving out health advice based on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2010 5:23:38 AM PDT
Spellman says:
Glucose is the preferred fuel. Fatty acids are secondary sources. Ketones are secondary sources. Glutamine is essential for the health of the GI tract. Glucose is the preferred fuel. Protein sparing diets and catabolic states use glucose and glycogen until it runs out. Then you start on those sources that lead to nitrogen debt, malnutrition and death. Glucose is the preferred source.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2010 5:59:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2010 6:01:12 AM PDT
That is not true-it depends on the oragan Glucose is normally the only fuel used by the brain except during periods of strarvation or carbohydration depravation when ketone formation takes place. The brain cannot use fatty acids cause they don't cross the blood brain barrier. Most organs use glucose as preferred fuel when blood glucose levels are high. However skeletal muscles use fatty acids as preferred fuel for low level activities even when blood glucose is high. The heart muscle uses fatty acids as preferred fuel even when blood glucose is high. Certain processes in the liver such as gluconegenesis(syntheisis of glucose from amino acids or lactate) are always fueled by fatty acids. I don't know what led you to believe glucose is always the preferred fuel by all organs but it's not true. Get yourself a college biochemistry text and educate yourself

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2010 6:30:35 AM PDT
Come on you two! You are actually on the same team.

Spellmen obviously has a science degree or else he could not have done med school.

We need more science-literate individuals like you guys to educate the masses that dwell on these boards..not engage in minutia.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Rife Machine Usuage 4950 46 minutes ago
Cancer Prevention (Evidence-Based) 1197 2 hours ago
The Honey Revolution 1226 11 hours ago
MONSANTO 8973 15 hours ago
Portable Oxygen Concentrators 384 18 hours ago
VITAMIN D 52 23 hours ago
Will more follow suit? 8 1 day ago
which is best Resveratrol product (not too expensive)? 3156 1 day ago
Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia? 144 2 days ago
Head pressure 29 6 days ago
Aquaponics/Portable Farming 4 6 days ago
10 precaution after dental implants!! 13 7 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  241
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions