Customer Discussions > Health forum

Lipotropic B12 injections for weight loss?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2012 6:59:29 PM PST
Reverie says:
Anyone tried the lipotropic injections for weight loss?

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 7:53:24 AM PST
I didn't but my wife tried the HCG diet - where you get injections and eat only 500 calories a day for 20-40 days.
It works but the problem with all these crash diets is that all the weight eventually gets back to you.
I believe that the only way for real permanent weight loss is to eat 500 calories a day less then what you burn, avoid simple carbs and heavily processed foods.
It sounds easy but it isn't.
Then again - who said that everything in life is easy ??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 10:34:42 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 7, 2012 10:35:09 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 2:51:29 PM PST
Bulldog says:
B12 works for people who are B12 deficient, and yes they lose weight (supposedly) when their B12 levels get back to normal. So that's where the idea that B12 helps with weight loss comes from. From what I understand, if your B12 levels are normal, taking more B12 is just a waste of money as you'll just pee it out.

On the plus side, it is very hard to OD on B12, however unless you have pernicious anaemia, taking the shot is again just a waste of money. The B12 oral tabs are much cheaper.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 8:24:33 PM PST
I did & it Definitely 100% Works !!!
It got rid of my fatigue , & boosted my metabolism & got me more energy !!!
I am a totally hooked on this Lipo B !!! But the worst part I it all is that te plastics Drs have a hold of it !!! & everything is in back order in pharmacy ... But the Drs charge like quadruple !!! It's horrible !!!

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 8:28:14 PM PST
Lipo B is not the same as your regular B12 !!! Lipo B is actually compounded w/ other amino acids M.I.C. Choline, Methione, and Inositol.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 8:30:38 PM PST
I lost 35 lbs ... And gained my energy back ... However , because I slacked off in driving to the dr to get the Lipo B injection ... I realized that I was becoming deficient ... My fatigue is coming ... I think amazon should cell this

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 4:40:02 AM PDT
RebeccaZ says:
usually, the first step to weight loss is to cut the portion size.

calories, calories, calories. anybody on a 500- cal- per- day diet will lose weight!
but i have found out for myself-- it is not about what, or when, one eats , or not,( breakfast? carbs? gluten? ) ; but rather just not ovrdoing it, keeping at 1200-1800 calorie fluctuation per day, and else occupying one's time with other stuff.

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 7:39:27 AM PDT
Does anyone know where to get the Lipo B12 with out getting scamed or gouged?

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 5:34:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2013 5:35:24 PM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
Not surprisingly, a search of the National Library of Medicine for "lipotropic injections" or "lipotropic injection" gives exactly zero results containing the exact phrase. Even without the quote marks, there doesn't seem to be much there relevant to weight loss.

If you refine what little there is to search by seeing how many of these articles include the exact phrase "weight loss" (use quote marks), you'll discover that, gasp, traditional medicine, at least the scholarly part of it, that which is not devoted to fleecing the public, seems to be blissfully unaware that these injections constitute the latest in a long line of weight loss miracles. And, of course, we all know that these "miracles" work since obesity is, at last, no longer a problem in our population, since no one is overweight anymore due to the popularity of all these various miracle diets and weight loss plans.☺

The only good part of it seems to be that it hasn't been taken over by MLM people yet, but I'm sure that's coming.

Lipotropic diets have long had a place in treatment for liver problems, such as cirrhosis, however. And, since people on diets are often consequently deficient in some micronutrients, it probably does make sense to supplement with B12 when one is on such a program--not to cause weight loss, but to help prevent the negative side effects of the treatment regime.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2013 2:35:07 PM PST
Jessica says:
Any luck? I have the same question

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 12:05:03 AM PDT
MLynnM88 says:
Yes, I tried the lipotropic injections and lost 33 pounds. I order mine from http://www.lipo7.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2015 5:41:31 AM PDT
A steady diet of spam is great for weight loss.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2015 5:55:23 AM PDT
But I don't like spam!

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:27:07 PM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
Try http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ProtectYourself/HealthFraud/default.htm .

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 7:07:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2015 7:12:05 AM PDT
R. Tamagni says:
www.mydietsolutions.com is the best place Ihave found for the injectable shots. I use them due to a genetic variation that causes me to have high homocysteine levels. My body doesn't absorb things taken orally because of other gene variants. I am not overweight, but have acute symptoms of anxiety, depression and insomnia and my liver does not detox normally. These shots have made a night and day difference in my energy and outlook on life. I am also vegan and thereby need the vitamin b-12. When supplemennts are taken orally they go through the digestive system and can be eliminated, the shots are in the muscle so the nutrients will not be voided through your pee. Best of health to you all in your journey; be patient with yourselves and take life one day at a time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2015 9:32:26 AM PDT
"Consumption of folic acid supplements and possibly vitamins B6 and B12 can lower homocysteine levels. Currently there is no direct proof that taking folic acid and B vitamins to lower homocysteine levels prevent heart attacks and strokes."

http://www.medicinenet.com/homocysteine/index.htm

There is also a lack of evidence that B12 supplementation has any value in helping people lose weight.

Getting B12 injections bypasses a potential barrier to _absorption_ in patients with certain medical conditions. But excess B12 will still be eliminated, whether it's taken orally or injected.

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:42:17 PM PDT
I simply cannot do injections. I hate needles and just can't wrap my head around it. I started using Liporidex Max to help me lose weight and taking a few pills a day is much easier for me than getting shots. Plus it starts working almost immediately. If you are like me and hate shots, try it out, if it works for me I am sure it will work for you too. 
Best Weight Loss Supplements - Liporidex MAX Fat Burners - Fat Loss Supplements That Make You Feel Great. All Natural Clinically Proven Ingredients Increase Energy Metabolism & Reduce Appetite. Doctor Formulated Appetite Suppressants & Thermogenic Weigh...

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2015 7:59:19 PM PDT
Where can I get this

Posted on May 12, 2015 5:23:50 AM PDT
The Liporidex spam, it burns.

Posted on May 13, 2015 3:42:29 PM PDT
Not sure what you are talking about Andrew. I personally use and love this product. I learned about it about a year ago and before that I never was able to find something that worked with my body. I am very sensitive. But I am sure it may not work for everyone, what does.

@Jeannie I get mine here on Amazon, it's the best price I have seen so far.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2015 4:41:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2015 4:41:35 PM PDT
Liporidex is one of the many sure-fire can't miss fat-burner completely-change-your-life weight loss products that get spammed for in this forum. Like all the others, it's promoted on the basis of unverifiable anecdotes and no meaningful science (the physician who hypes this product on the Liporidex website was touted as having done "years" of "research", only a search of the PubMed scientific literature database turned up zero papers by this guy).

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2015 4:51:13 PM PDT
How much is it? And it is the shots right?

Posted on May 15, 2015 2:58:04 PM PDT
Hi Jeannie! Liporidex are pills and usually range from $40 to $45 for a full month, which sometimes last longer for me. I am telling you, after years of trying so many different things it's nice to know that something works. Here is the link so you can check it out. 
Call us now for a weight loss consult with our experts to learn which formula is best for you. 619-436-4826 Best Weight Loss Supplements - Liporidex MAX Fat Burners Weight Loss Product - Fat Loss Supplements That Make You Feel Great. All Natural Clinica...

Posted on May 15, 2015 3:06:20 PM PDT
"Despite the serious and clinical appearance of the site and the packaging of the product, you need to remember that this is a fairly ordinary diet pill. It comes with no real medical backing or clinical endorsement even though it does look convincing...Although there are some novel ingredients in Liporidex Max, the amounts are not specified and it is likely that many of them will be in inadequate quantities."

"Many of the ingredients remain unproven and there may be side effects and interactions. Some such as Ashwagandha and Bitter Orange extract are of concern and we would have liked to see the quantities of these potentially dangerous ingredients."

"Added to this, some ingredient quantities may only be in miniscule quantities. Will this really work? It is hard to say and you will not really know what you are taking."

http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/liporidex-MAX/
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2012
Latest post:  26 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions