Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Health forum

Laundry Detergent that removes pet hair?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2012 4:46:49 PM PST
Desy says:
My hubby and I were watching the television two weeks ago when an advertisement for a very popular laundry detergent brand (we can't remember which) claimed to have a new detergent that removes pet hair from fabrics.

I've been scouring the internet, and the stores, and can't find it anywhere! And even worse, we believe that commercial aired only once ever....because we have not seen it again. What gives? Has anyone seen the commercial and knows what it is?

I have checked GAIN, ALL, WOOLITE, and can't seem to figure it out. It was definitely a laundry detergent - NOT a fabric softener. Someone help - my long hair maine coon is driving me nuts with his hair ball nuggets!!!1!!1!1

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2012 3:55:39 AM PST
lauren says:
I use Pledge sweeper on everything especially my sheets and cover.. I have hairy munchins also.. I wash my bedding every three days and in between I use the sweeper. Now it allows you to empty it.. I hope this helps... the laundry detergent doesnt sound right... chow for now.. Lauren

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 4:46:08 PM PST
witchie+ says:
I used to have a filter in my old Maytag washer that removed lint. My fancy new washer does not remove any lint--I think it creates lint just to annoy me. Since I rarely use a dryer, lint has become a huge problem in our house.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 5:43:42 PM PST
RS says:
I have found no detergent that removes pet hair. What removes pet hair the best are dryer sheets in the dryer. I had to pugs that shed like crazy. Dryer sheets saved me from literal lunacy. However there are detergents formulated especially to remove animal hair, mostly available in Canada. Try: Le Chien et Le Chat Detergent, $16 US for 16 oz, The Laundress. (Available at select Canadian retailers; store.thelaundress.com). You can also try anti-cling sprays - they make removing pet hair and lint easier by removing the static electricity that causes them to stick like glue.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:02:19 AM PST
Cathy Juba says:
I saw one too! And can't find anything! What was it? It is driving me crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 5:24:02 PM PST
Swedey says:
The best way to rid your laundry & home of dog hair is to brush the dog every day. About 15 minutes of work saves a lot of hassle.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 3:28:14 PM PDT
Bulldog says:
It may have been pulled due to false advertising. Somewhere along the line of you'll lose weight by eating KFC (yes those commercials aired).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 2:51:14 AM PDT
If you want to use Tide make sure they take the security clamp off! I just heard on the radio that the new thing to steal is liquid Tide! Jessh!

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 3:18:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 14, 2012 3:27:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 3:24:59 AM PDT
lauren says:
Last night on the local news a man got arrested for stealing 7 or 8 large Tide laundry detergent. He got arrested selling it to the hair salon.. Tide I heard does wonders for the build up of hair... so I hope this helps you answer you question on which name brand.... I use pledge sweepers on the bed cover and furniture, it realy does a good job.. Now, you can remove the hair from the unit. I like it alot...My little doggies are very hairy and shed all the time.... Lauren

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 3:26:04 AM PDT
It is all drug related. But why Tide? I guess it is because it is a thousand dollars a jug?;))

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 4:16:15 AM PDT
lauren says:
Yes, most is drug related. Tide did something to get people thinking it is a phenomenon. I dont understand why Tide is any different.. I will stick to my pledge sweeper....

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 12:23:19 PM PST
maria says:
in response to Desy and Cathy. I actually bought it in a CVS one time , It was tide pet hair and lint detergent. I was just on amazon to buy again ( it did work for as long as i used it, especially on my black clothes) . But I was just on the tide website and no such thing, as well as googling it . I guess it discontinued , but it did work ... at least for me anyway. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 5:52:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 10:30:59 AM PDT
Have not seen any product that removes pet hair. If you mean to break down and dissolve the hair, that would probably be very harsh and would also shorten the life of the fabric being washed. If you mean to loosen the hair away/off from the fabric so you can clean it out of the trap, you might try this:

- Add 1/2 cup vinegar in the washer during the wash cycle. It reduces the static cling which will help release most of the hair. Just pick the right vinegar. I say this as there appears to be some controversary brewing about that.

Note: Vinegar starter can come from natural sources like corn and apples or it can come from petroleum. It looks like Heinz is made without using petroleum but who knows for sure as the FDA doesn't require a proper labeling on it as far as I can tell.

This is what I understand when you read the labels:
"Distilled" = likely to be from fermented grains.

Anybody know more about this??

Maybe my next book should be about how to make vinegar...

Patti

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 12:03:44 AM PDT
Mostlee says:
I know this is an OLD discussion, but I personally get great success with a particular synthetic piece of clothing that collects all the pet hair when it's thrown in with the rest of the laundry. After it comes out, I have to use one of those wasteful tape style lint rollers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 4:38:18 PM PST
witchie+ says:
We have a standard poodle so that is not the source of our lint.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 4:39:29 PM PST
witchie+ says:
Don't you have to use a dryer to get that kind of results?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 9:18:55 AM PST
I saw that commercial too! Have been searching for the product as well. Turned up nothing. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 12:53:08 PM PST
witchie+ says:
My son claims that putting vinegar in the rinse water does the same thing as dryer sheets. The problem with dryer sheets is that they coat the fabric and it is hard to get clothing clean in subsequent laundering. I rarely use a dryer--mostly hang stuff on the clothes line. Also, staying away from synthetic fabrics solves most problems with static clinging.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2015 3:00:50 PM PDT
Same here. I hate it when the new and improved removes the best feature!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2016 10:56:28 AM PST
Tonya Hill says:
http://www.thelaundress.com/darks-detergent

Le Chien et Le Chat Detergent, $16 US for 16 oz, The Laundress.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2016 10:57:01 AM PST
Tonya Hill says:
Le Chien et Le Chat Detergent, $16 US for 16 oz, The Laundress.

http://www.thelaundress.com/darks-detergent

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 12:38:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 24, 2016 1:55:53 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions