Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Health forum

MONSANTO

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 21, 2016 2:45:10 PM PDT
https://www.facebook.com/welovegv/photos/a.1381768752093176.1073741827.1380693538867364/1763379890598725/?type=3&theater

Posted on Jul 20, 2016 1:44:20 PM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
http://www.grimmy.com/images/MGG_Archive/MGG_2008/MGG-2008-02-09.gif

Posted on Jul 19, 2016 7:22:39 PM PDT
I'm trying to decide on the dumbest anti-GMO diatribe I've seen today.

There's a letter to the science editor of the N.Y. Times which claims that GMO crops cross-pollinate with non-GMO crops and make them STERILE, so farmers can't save seeds! Gee, if the technology was that simple, why would Monsatan sue those poor widdle farmers for saving seeds from GM crops?

And here's a link from an impeccable source that tells alert supermarket shoppers how to distinguish GMO tomatoes from the non-GMO kind:

http://healthyfoodtipsandtricks.com/we-are-eating-a-poison-heres-how-to-identify-gmo-tomatoes-in-2-easy-steps/

Apart from the bogus nature of the "trick", there are no GM tomatoes being sold to consumers, just imbeciles lying to scare people.

I was tempted to click on their link revealing "7 sneaky words that make any woman want you". What could they possibly be? "I am incredibly rich and very naive."

Posted on Jul 19, 2016 2:51:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2016 2:52:06 PM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
There's a hair cleaning product that's all the rage now. It's free of nasty, toxic "chemicals" and GMO ingredients. Alas, it appears to have an unexpected side-effect, but the side-effect does have one benefit: it makes future cleaning much easier and cheaper. http://www.clark.com/-fda-investigates-wen-chaz-dean-hair-loss

Posted on Jul 18, 2016 7:57:44 AM PDT
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154399261754275&set=p.10154399261754275&type=3&theater

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2016 2:25:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2016 2:27:17 AM PDT
Seems to me that most of your outstanding successes (by your assessments) are dated 19 hundred something. How is your batting average this century?

.......'still needing us to donate for cancer research? Funny how they could cure you last century but this century they are still floundering around in the 'still looking' phase. Do you smell a rat?

Two and 2 are still four, Parrot. No need to keep defending a dying philosophy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2016 2:20:11 AM PDT
I doubt seriously they would bother if they were only breaking even!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2016 2:19:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2016 2:26:29 AM PDT
Yeah, both, and even toss in the goat who leads the sheep!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2016 10:37:46 AM PDT
"But who is this section of society? Dr Niyas calls them the "anti-vaccine mafia". He told Trending that "it was their activities, their organised activities in Kerala that has caused the death of this child."
NDTV reported that a Muslim dominated area in north Kerala, Malappuram, had seen "strong anti-vaccination propaganda". The TV channel reported that rumours had been spread that a conspiracy to control or even harm the Muslim population was being initiated through administered vaccinations."

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36804102

Posted on Jul 16, 2016 8:29:42 AM PDT
"GMO foods are perfectly safe wonders of science, so stop freaking out."

http://sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1126277/gmo-foods-safe

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 10:02:05 PM PDT
I'm glad we have Debbie in here to explain genetics for us. Research scientists need to be calling her for the answers instead of wasting time studying things.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 10:00:17 PM PDT
LOL - you're the biggest conclusion/observation confusionist there is in here.

Posted on Jul 15, 2016 9:24:18 PM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
Someone not suffering from microcephaly would most likely suspect that it would make the medical and pharmaceutical professions much more profit to treat a disease than to prevent it, especially with diseases such as polio and whooping cough.

Why should we seek a malaria vaccine, for instance, when only about one million people die from it every year, and it only costs the economies just of Africa's nations an estimated $12 billion a year? http://www.unicef.org/media/media_20475.html

Why in the world did scientists seek a vaccine for polio, when iron lungs can be so easily manufactured, and the cost of patient maintenance was only about $80K a year a few years ago? If Dianne Odell, who died in 2008 after having had to live in an iron lung since 1950, had been asked if she wished a vaccine would have been invented a few years earlier than it was, what do you suppose her response would have been? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/a-lifetime-in-an-iron-lung-courage-in-the-face-of-a-cruel-disease-836775.html

In 2006, there were still an estimated 400,000 survivors of paralytic polio just in the U.S. "The issue is not simply how many people live with the clinical sequelae of polio. Equally important, the social and economic ramifications of polio, including PPS [post-polio syndrome], over the life-course of survivors must be considered."--Groce, Banks and Stein, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277953614001282

Polio victims require lots of money in treatment and related expenses:
"Although statistics differ, 10-40% of survivors recover full muscle strength; however 60-90% are left with varying degrees of residual paralysis (Neumann, 2004). Intensive physiotherapy, exercise and surgery when available, can help maximize recovery (Howard, 2005).

"Polio survivors also have increased risk of associated medical concerns, with higher rates of respiratory, heart and musculoskeletal diseases and gastrointestinal disorders (Nielsen et al., 2004 and Kang and Lin, 2011). Female survivors are more likely to suffer complications during pregnancy and delivery, and their infants have lower mean birth weights (Veiby et al., 2007). These sequelae are associated with severity of residual impairment, degree of paralysis during acute illness and a young age of infection (Nielsen et al., 2004)."--Groce, Banks and Stein

Just in the U.S., there were around a thousand deaths due to polio each year during the 20th century prior to the vaccine era. Doesn't the funeral industry weep because of the advent of vaccines?

Are there any among us who would not seek rabies vaccine treatment if bitten by a rabid animal? Do some suffer from the delusion that colloidal silver and honey (or Rife machine) would cure the disease? One would not know whether to first laugh or to weep.

Posted on Jul 15, 2016 9:04:45 PM PDT
Meantime, Whole Foods (champion of All Things Natural and GMO Avoidance), got caught selling peeled tangerines in plastic containers. Gotta love their commitment to "green" marketing!

http://www.eater.com/2016/3/4/11160544/whole-foods-peeled-oranges-wtf

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 8:57:56 PM PDT
But useful. How else would we have definitive proof that central nervous system cells can jump from lungworts to humans?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 8:24:17 PM PDT
You might appear to be more intelligent if you learned the difference between a conclusion and an observation. You actually just made my statement even more valid, but then being the smart scientist that you are, you would know that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 8:15:18 PM PDT
GMO crops been widely available for almost 20 years, and if you count wide use in experiments, since the 70s. Stop making dumb conclusions. THIS is why you're not trustworthy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 7:57:28 PM PDT
Amazing. That came about within the last 10 years, about the time when horizontal breeding started becoming popular to create GMO crops. No doubt coincidental.

Posted on Jul 15, 2016 7:51:01 PM PDT
"Scientists have known for many decades that prokaryotes such as bacteria and other microorganisms - which lack a protective nucleus enveloping their DNA - swap genetic material with each other all the time. Researchers have also documented countless cases of viruses shuttling their genes into the genomes of animals, including our own."

"What has become increasingly clear in the past 10 years is that this liberal genetic exchange is definitely not limited to the DNA of the microscopic world. It likewise happens to genes that belong to animals, fungi and plants, collectively known as eukaryotes because they boast nuclei in their cells. The ancient communion between ferns and hornworts is the latest in a series of newly discovered examples of horizontal gene transfer: when DNA passes from one organism to another generally unrelated one, rather than moving `vertically' from parent to child. In fact, horizontal gene transfer has happened between all kinds of living things throughout the history of life on the planet - not just between species, but also between different kingdoms of life. Bacterial genes end up in plants; fungal genes wind up in animals; snake and frog genes find their way into cows and bats. It seems that the genome of just about every modern species is something of a mosaic constructed with genes borrowed from many different forms of life."

"What scientists have seen is just a little tip of an immense iceberg,' says Antonio Teixeira, a biologist at the University of Brasilia. W Ford Doolittle, a biochemist at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, agrees: horizontal gene transfer, he wrote recently `is far more pervasive and more radical in its consequences than we could have guessed just a decade ago'. Researchers have now discovered so many examples of gene transfer between species and kingdoms of life - with many more surely to come - that they have to adjust their understanding of how evolution works."

https://aeon.co/essays/genes-that-jump-species-does-this-shake-the-tree-of-life

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 7:47:05 PM PDT
Seems like creating more and more vaccines is adding a sizeable amount of profits for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 7:45:07 PM PDT
You mean like the Pied Piper or the blind leading the blind?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 7:43:10 PM PDT
I did have more important things to do and I did leave. You flatter yourself thinking that anything I say or do is an excuse to avoid actual discussions. You boys haven't discussed anything in this forum for more than a few posts at a time since I joined in 2009. I hardly need any excuse not to provide you with a stage to spew the same old stuff again and again. I've done that enough.

You are right about one thing. I do post now and then just to let you boys know I am still around. Must be disappointing to you not to have anyone to spew your poison to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 5:31:35 PM PDT
No, it sounds like she is waking up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 5:31:00 PM PDT
>>>>>>>............ showing good profits at the moment, thanks very much..............kaching.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2016 5:28:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2016 5:29:14 PM PDT
They call it "Follow the leader."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 389 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  182
Total posts:  9704
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2010
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions