Customer Discussions > Health forum

can a person get off of blood pressure meds?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2012 9:00:30 AM PST
ghost writer says:
I have been reading alot about this and I am just beginning my journey to get off of meds for high blood pressure.....has anyone had success?

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:30:41 AM PST
Yes, A person DEFINITELY CAN! I would LOVE to send you a CD that fully explains it..FREE of charge. Please email me, I do not want to seem like I am here to advertise, because I am not. I simply want to share. We have been taught by a great doctor that Hypertension is a symptom. I will check back to see if you check this message. In the meantime I will check to see if I can leave you my contact information.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:41:54 AM PST
I did. I consulted my PCP because hypertension doesn't run in my family, and once I was placed on meds, my BP was always in a normal range. After I'd taken meds a few years, I asked him about it. He said I'd have to wean myself off the medication, and monitor my blood pressure.

Your doctor can't FORCE you to take medication. But I would not advise trying it without consulting your physician. After all, stopping the medication can cause serious, or fatal consequences.

What have you been reading? I'm just curious. I didn't read about any methods. I asked my doctor, and what he said to do worked.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:47:20 AM PST
Savage says:
Yes, definitely. I lost over fifty pounds, and my blood pressure is now normal to low, without any medication.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 10:32:50 AM PST
Old Geezett says:
My experience is that losing just a little weight, even 10lbs can help. combine this with regular exercise. I swim about 60 laps a week, and that has worked for me. As soon as I start sitting around and gain weight, even a little, it goes back up. It seems to be simple and you don't need any elaborate diet or exercise program. Try the DASH diet, which is pretty much what I follow just for general health. I still eat McDonald's 3X a week for lunch (FF's and nuggets) after I swim and that's on a "diet". There is no magic. You can google DASH diet. Basically, fruit, vegs, nuts, whole grains; little red meat; fish. simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 5:37:38 AM PST
denbeigh says:
I did.

At first I was given blood pressure medicine to offset fine hand tremor. Even though I had low blood pressure. My hands shook from Lithium.

Evenutally, gaining weight from Lithium and a host of other RX, I GAINED a substantial amount of weight. my usually low blood pressure advanced to high blood pressure.

After a few years, every time I was at my doctor for an appointment, they'd take my blood pressure and declare it was normal.

So I decided within a year, to stop taking it. I still have a prescription for the RX that I can fill if I need it.

My doctor asks me every visit, "you stopped taking the blood pressure medicine?" I mean, every time! My answer is yes. If my bp is normal, and I own a BP cuff to measure whenever I choose to, why take it.

Best wishes, ghost writer!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 6:35:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2012 6:44:31 AM PST
R. C. Javier says:
to ms.a lady who cares ,can u please send me one,i love to see it.it would be a big help for me.many thanks.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 7:12:06 AM PST
The answer to getting off your HP Meds and or anyone Preventing themselves from getting HP or LP is to get the body ALL that it needs to get in balance. I know if may seem like such a simple answer, but unless your body receives the 91 Essential nutrients to run at its optimum, we will all be faced with the 900 debilitating diseases that are plaguing so many people hourly. If allowed here, email me and I will direct you to or mail you some of my CDs and DVDs on this subject. NO I AM NOT TRYING TO GET YOU INVOLVED IN ANY BUSINESS VENTURE. My prime reason for sharing is to educate and make people aware. I have many family members and friends who are reporting great testimonies.

The answer is simple and your doctor may or may not know about this, however, many of the ones who do know will NOT tell you. They will treat you chemically or surgically and although at times you may seem to correct a reported medical issue, you are damaging yourself and shortening your life.

AmenaisBlessed@gmail.com

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 6:25:26 AM PST
Livia says:
Yes, you can - and getting the stuff OUT of you that is causing imbalance may be just as important as getting all the right nutrients INto you. Learn about activities that stimulate your lymphatic system, your cleaning-system, and do them regularly.
Learn about detox. For information on key supplements you may need for improving your heart health, consider reading "The Sinatra Solution" by Stephen Sinatra, M.D., F.A.C.C., a metabolic cardiologist. Don't fall prey to the cholesterol hoax. Learn, learn, learn.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 10:24:36 PM PST
user30 says:
go on a search engine and search for coconut oil research center (duck duck go dot com) its usually the first link, this oil has over 51 bullet points the health benefits are over 1 1/2 pages long! from stories of curing cancer, aids etc, to getting rid of my "mono" virus in 2 weeks personally i'm a hole new man! at age 30 im terrified of health problems so I cling to this oil like glue! From eating it to showering with it i'm very positive it will increase your health, quality of life and get you off your meds! "Meds" are a patch they dont actually fix the problem this oil is so much more then a patch, and is non toxic to humans! :)
Like Livia said above me, learn learn learn! :)

Garden of Life - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 100% Organic, 32 fl oz oil

Thats the brand I use personally. I have seen it reduce cholesterol, help with my dads elliptic seasures it helps with his dementia my acne, my oily skin, my dandruff are under control (and thease where at extreme levesl before, so many zits it would hurt to drive! in the car! "sometimes") now they are almost all gone!
and I have seen moles shrink on my finger, it will help! I just know it! make sure your jar is 1. glass 2. USDA organic and its safe to use.. non organic source is bleached to make it look white and turns to trans fat that will kill you but USDA organic source is safe. as its a plant based oil! in test studies in lab animals prevent diabetes and heart attacks and cholesterol from sticking to arteries and it prevents cancer to (unlike the other oils in the test)
the garden of life brand is not only usda organic its 100% usda organic! "pure original form!" yes yes yes! Glass jar to! "plastic jars can leach chemicals into the oil" + the oil taste funny in plastic.

from the research center.

Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.

from what I have seen from friends and family Id be shocked if it didn't help! from osteoporosis to preventing diabetes in lab animals India Jones is jealous as I found the fountain of youth first! :)
If I where you knowing what I know about this oil Id be eating my full 3 table spoons per day + add it in my cooking of USDA organic food! Its safe to cook with up to 350 F degrees they say! I put it in eggs and oh man they are so good, organic spaghetti comes out good to!
You can use it as a pure butter replacement.
Side effects include "Good health", and a addiction to the oil! (im not kidding)
my hair wont fall out in the shower anymore when I use it as a shampoo.
I have abandon all soap and shampoo and only use this in the shower + water.
works as a deodorant to! its great stuff! just dont slip in the shower like I did once. as it is a oil.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 2:54:20 AM PST
I had success. Hollywood flashback: I have a genetic predisposition to hypertension. My grandfather died after having a stroke and my father has resistant hypertension (difficult to treat). About three years ago I was diagnoised hypertension and put on medication. About a year ago (without me prompting), my doctor decided that I no longer needed to be on medication. A couple caveats though, I was only on a diaretic (hydroclorthizide 15mg) - I had mild hypertension, I monitored my diet and excercise regularly so I wasn't overweight. That having been said, I also have a predisposition to diabetes. I had another doctor tell me that sometimes it doesn't matter what you eat or how much excercise, if you're predisposed to a condition you might not be able to avoid getting it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 6:39:53 AM PST
Heart 411: The Only Guide to Heart Health You'll Ever Need

This book reveals that the answer to your question is often "yes."
By age 70, more than 70% of Americans have high blood pressure.
Here are the steps to lower your blood pressure:

Low salt diet
Lose weight if you are overweight
Exercise daily
Buy a blood pressure cuff and check your blood pressure in the afternoon or evening in a quiet room. Get 2 readings each time.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 7:17:50 AM PST
Primrose says:
Yeah, absolutely, I've seen a few articles about people lowering blood pressure through diet. Recall this write up about a paleo diet study and resulting lower hypertension levels.

"Rapid health improvements with a Paleolithic diet"

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/rapid-health-improvements-with-a-paleolithic-diet/

Snippet from Dr. Eades article.

"...Fasting insulin levels plummeted by more than two thirds in (11.5 to 3.6 µU/ml) and the total area under the insulin curve was lowered by almost half. What these figures tell us is that the diet made these subjects much, much more sensitive to their own insulin. In other words, they required substantially less insulin to keep their blood sugars in the normal range. Since they were producing less insulin, they had less circulating insulin, which meant less fat storage, less arterial stiffening and less of all the things that too much insulin causes.

Along with the improvements in lipids and insulin sensitivity, the subjects experienced a significant drop in diastolic blood pressure and a decrease in mean arterial pressure. These improvements likely occurred in part because these subjects had substantially increased brachial artery diameter, a measure of arterial distensibility. There arteries had become less stiff and more pliable over a mere 17 days of dietary change.

Urinary potassium loss increased, indicating an increased potassium intake by the subjects. And urinary calcium excretion decreased..."

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:32:36 AM PST
J. Comer says:
LOL, everything raving about 'their' favorite remedy... then posting an amazon or other affiliate link....

No affiliate link.... google Ben Fuchs.... listen to his 8 chapters of health... and I won't make a penny from this recommendation... and I'm not posting any links.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 10:57:08 AM PST
Just a warning to those who attempt to get of BP meds. If you do this, do it gradually. You body can have rebound BP. This is where the BP goes up over the point it originally was when you quit the meds. Slowly taper the dose under close observation of BP and your Dr's supervision.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:05:37 AM PST
I'm interested

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:12:38 AM PST
Iris R. Bell says:
Yes, there are a whole variety of strategies that can work. Weight loss really helps, but there are nutritional strategies, herbs, and biofeedback -- all of them drug free. Even acupuncture can help, along with hypnosis.How To Lower Blood Pressure: Lower Blood Pressure Naturally

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:14:29 AM PST
I've been hearing mined sea salt such as 'Real' brand salt has benefits. Your opinion? Also seeing comments/reviews on Hunza salt. I read a book on the hunza people written many many yr.s ago & their longevity was pretty amazing. Thanks !

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 5:30:41 PM PST
Wow. Good stuff! I watched Ben on Vimeo. I started taking action/steps already while pausing the video. Thanks for the info. I've heard some of the things Ben talked about but he put it together for me. Gave answer to questions my doctors could not answer. Thanks J Comer!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:11:37 PM PST
I have been reading some of these responses and want to put in a warning. When I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 13 years ago, the doctor could not explain why--not diabetic, etc. I tried all of the usual ways--lost 30 pounds, went on a diet designed to lower blood pressure, and nothing changed.

10 years later I was diagnosed with lyme disease, bartonella henselae, and babesia. I'd had the bartonella [AKA cat scratch fever] for about 14 years. One of the problems with bartonella is that it causes the blood to thicken and it is rarely diagnosed, except in cases where you get very sick at the onset--I did not. The thickening of the blood is what caused my high blood pressure. I was treated for 2 1/2 years with various antibiotics for this disease. It is throughout my body so I now take an herbal antibiotic and a blood thinner to keep it under control. Usually, it kills you with a stroke, but fortunately it was diagnosed before it harmed me more.

My point is, be careful to determine what the cause of your high blood pressure is. It could be a chronic illness, undiagnosed like mine.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 8:46:31 AM PST
Kate says:
Yes you can but you need to adjust your diet first. Go to good and vegan friendly nutritionists because they will guide you best.
Also where you live can elevate your blood pressure. I am not sure how it exactly works but it is true. People who live in Michigan by port Huron for example have lower blood pressure than the ones in NJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 9:08:16 AM PST
Iris R. Bell says:
Air pollution may play a role in high blood pressure and other health problems. There is even a study recently of black women living in Los Angeles that suggests air pollution exposures increase the risk of type 2 diabetes as well as possibly high blood pressure. It was published in the journal Circulation online January 4, 2012.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 9:49:06 AM PST
D. Baron says:
I would be interested in hearing more about this CD. I am on BP meds and my pressure is still high. I would love to lose the scripts.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 12:49:21 PM PST
M. Hoffman says:
Answer: Moderate exercise, weight control and eating at least four times a week a large serving of Emeril's vegetarian chili. This stuff is better than any medicine you can buy, packed with unbelievable nutrition. Add a diced sweet potato to make it even better. I LOVE this stuff. After three weeks, my blood pressure is down 10 points and continues to head lower. As for the moderate exercise, try riding an exercise cycle 10 miles with a moderate program 3 to 4 times a week. Stop eating hamburgers, french fries and similar crap. Stop eating anything made out of white flour or which contains corn syrup. Drink 3 to 4 cups of dark coffee a day. Not only will this lower your blood pressure, it will lessen depression, reduce your weight, and increase your energy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 2:59:33 PM PST
how can you shampoo your hair with oil and get it clean? thank you for your input, will ck this out ,been hearing a lot about it but not researched it yet.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Vitamins vs Whole Foods 465 52 minutes ago
Help! I'm exhausted and have no energy to do much. 1380 10 hours ago
Infant circumcision 3951 12 hours ago
What would happen if we stopped giving vaccines? 7025 13 hours ago
Rife Machine Usuage 3570 1 day ago
What is best for Neuropathy feet pain. 5 1 day ago
MONSANTO 6869 1 day ago
Plantar Fasciitis 499 2 days ago
Beware of Energy Drinks! 47 2 days ago
foot drop or drop foot 20 3 days ago
vibrational healing 0 5 days ago
PENETREX 0 6 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions