Customer Discussions > Health forum

Has anyone tried Bulletproof coffee?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2013 1:44:07 PM PST
Jean says:
It's a recipe from Dave Asprey (the Bulletproof Executive) that calls for adding MCT oil and grass-fed butter to your coffee. I know - sounds gross, but it's supposed to do wonders for you metabollism and energy levels, lean muscle mass, etc. Trying for the first time tomorrow.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 2:11:08 PM PST
I drink this often and I really like it. I don't always use the MCT oil but I use the butter nearly everyday. I don't add coconut milk because I don't want that flavor. I do use heavy whipping cream with it in my coffee. (I do low carb/high fat type diet and try to always pick the best choice of cream available). I like that it is very satisfying. The MCT oil does not add flavor exactly but when I use it I don't use quite as much as he does. Blending does make it more like a purchased latte but I usually just stir it up. I keep a spoon or stir stick in cup because the oil does rise to top but a stir before you drink keeps you from getting a mouthful of only oil. Hope you enjoy it.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 5:03:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2013 5:04:13 PM PST
Jean says:
I actually tried it this morning. I tried to get this thread going yesterday in the fitness forum, but no bites so I just copied my post here. I thought it was excellent, and this may be all power-of-suggestion but I swear I still feel buzzed. Am worried about sleep tonight. I made it as as per the recipe on Bulletproofexec.com, so just coffee (not his special Upgraded, just high quality organic), Kerrygold butter and MCT oil. Whipped it up with an immersion blender till it was frothy. I really liked it and I never drink coffee without 1/1 and 1/2 but this didn't need it. And the energy boost was almost like an amphetamine. I am going to start tracking my weight cause this stuff is supposed to raise your metabolism big-time.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:09:22 PM PST
Jean says:
Ok, having digestive issues today, the kind nobody wants to hear about, except maybe your mother.....when you are 2. I remember reading that some ppl have to acclimate their digestive systems to the MCT oil and all the fat. If this happens again tomorrow I'll have to cut back.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions