Customer Discussions > Health forum

MONSANTO

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2010 10:19:51 PM PDT
Vegas Vixen says:
I have heard of them bcuz I love conspiracy theories. You forgot to mention the infamous Codex Alimentarius!!

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 12:49:28 PM PDT
Example says:
*sigh* Money talks. If ethically appropriate decisions were profitable, they'd be the decisions carried through to action. The right thing doesn't make good economical short-term sense, so unless we get some unbiased research publicized and some unbiased politicians and some unbiased attorneys, we'll just have to live with the consequences of the construct that is "economy" and what it takes to keep "economy" alive. It depends on humans for its existence, however; and short-sightedness does not serve to sustain the human element. So go to law school, kiddies, and run for president if you think we're in trouble, cos you have to learn the rules to play the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2010 8:03:26 PM PDT
How do we know what Monsanto is doing is not contributing to the demise of the bees colonies?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 8:31:31 AM PDT
Matthew says:
I don't think we do. As far as I know sufficient research has not been conducted on that subject... or just about any other concerning their products.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 10:41:29 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
Jon,

domestic agriculture was doing fine before Monsanto injected its toxic GMO products into our environment. They are out to make huge profits at the expense of the health of people all over the world. They are indeed the Evil empire.

Genetically modified crops such as corn, and canola have shown deleterious effects in the reproductive cycles of many animals- and that is why they are banned in Europe and should be in the United States.

Unfortunately the FDA and the USDA are in the pocket of Monsanto. It is no accident that former Monsanto Vice President Michael R Taylor is now the Czar Deputy Commissioner for Foods in the FDA. He was smart enough the back President Obama and now according to Paula Crossfield "President Obama is embedded in a bubble" featuring some of the most fervent promoters of the biotech industry."

Somehow, they must be stopped before our food supply is poisoned beyond repair.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 10:43:59 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
domestic agriculture was doing fine before Monsanto injected its toxic GMO products into our environment. They are out to make huge profits at the expense of the health of people all over the world. They are indeed the Evil empire.

Genetically modified crops such as corn, and canola have shown deleterious effects in the reproductive cycles of many animals- and that is why they are banned in Europe and should be in the United States.

Unfortunately the FDA and the USDA are in the pocket of Monsanto. It is no accident that former Monsanto Vice President Michael R Taylor is now the Czar Deputy Commissioner for Foods in the FDA. He was smart enough the back President Obama and now according to Paula Crossfield "President Obama is embedded in a bubble" featuring some of the most fervent promoters of the biotech industry."

Somehow, they must be stopped before our food supply is poisoned beyond repair.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 9:56:37 PM PDT
Monsanto is not a conspiracy theory. Google them. Watch food Inc. They are putting farmers out of business and no one cares. You eat Roundup on your food everyday.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 10:56:09 PM PDT
Patti Allred says:
Your arguement is flawed. Of what benefit are seeds that require less pesticide when they in turn require massive amounts of HERBICIDES which are also highly toxic to us and our environment and the genetically modified seed is potentially diestroyig our biodiversity because no one can keep it from cross pollinating with other neighboring crops.

These GMO aeeds also encourage starvation in second and third world countries where people depend on being able to plant the seeds of foods they consume to be able to eat the next season, They don't have money for specialty seed or chemical herbisides.

Wake up and see that nature has been developing plants and seeds adapted to our environmental needs for thousands of years and that the wisest thing we can do is to work with nature not try to chemically whip it into submission. It won't work!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 11:13:28 PM PDT
J. Araluce says:
from what i understand, the reason they dont need to spray insecticide on their products is because they have mixed in hundreds of insect genes into their products and the products produce the insecticide on their own.... ewwww, and creepy.

Also the food they produce is often infertile or seedless, meaning that if the farmers want to grow another crop, then they must purchas more seeds from monsanto

Finally it has been proven that this genetically modified garbage with insect genes causes infertility in mice, and other test animals by the third generation littler.

All of this makes me think that monsanto is pure evil, and people need to wake up and realize almost every single food iteam available at your typical grocery store, giant shopper foodlion or walmart whaterver, contains genetically modified someithing. wether its the corn used for corn syrup or just the whole product like a tomato. ALL GM..

Complete garbage food!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 11:50:13 PM PDT
Susanna says:
Conspiracy yes, theory no. It's here and it's happened.

By the way, you probably heard the CEO's salary was slightly over 1 mil with another 1mil in bonus last year :(

Thanks for directing me to this thread. It is almost 3 AM and here I am, addicted to Amazon. I hope to read all the posts tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to find people that actually know about these thugs.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 12:25:54 AM PDT
YTWong says:
I dunno if this is related, but it's still good information:

30-Year Study Proves It: Organic Farming Is Best
http://www.takepart.com/article/2011/10/05/30-year-study-proves-it-organic-farming-best

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 4:39:19 AM PDT
Great Cook says:
Hummingbirder,
You are a Wack A doodle, and do not know your facts.
I don't want to waste my time with you about giving antibiotics to your aunts pig, or your thinking GMO is the way to go , Cause you just do not get it,
and never will!
Just to mention..If the Bee's cannot pollenate from all the GMO crap and round up, we will not have any food.
Pollenations stops when using GMO seeds..

People with money have power, and we all have to suffer.
Shame on you..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 9:14:29 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
No, no and no. The roundup resistant GMO's were developed so that Roundup would not kill them. They are using more roundup poison as a result and killing us all for profit. Monsanto is the evil empire.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 9:15:13 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
You will be shortly if you continue to eat GMO's.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 9:20:19 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
Monsanto is satan. They have been killing people for many years with their chemicals and their agressive marketing policies.

If you have any doubts about this than please read the following proof.

http://grantlawrence.blogspot.com/2010/02/monsantos-conspiracy-to-control-worlds.html

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 9:23:45 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
But it is sprayed produce. Monsanto made it Roundup resistant so that they could sell more roundup poison.

http://grantlawrence.blogspot.com/2010/02/monsantos-conspiracy-to-control-worlds.html

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 9:28:22 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
Monsanto's big lie.

http://nelsonfarm.net/lie.htm

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 9:37:30 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
Monsanto in India- a real horror story. No wonder that people around the world are suspicious of us. We can do better if we put an end to this type of corporate greed once and for all.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Monsanto_in_India

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:31:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011 10:34:11 AM PDT
Susanna says:
"Monsanto is satan"

LOL!!!

Ok, I have to c and p a post I wrote yesterday in the politics forum:

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 7:37:56 PM PDT
Beate Klarsfeld says:
Correct and one:

They claimed the seeds "blew off the truck" in some cases and

two: they trespassed on farmers' land to gather crops for testing.

And they are the developers of recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH) which has been injected into cows

AND they are destroyingand/or driving out the native corn varieties of Mexico--more seed blown off trucks

AND

they are driving many Indian cotton farmers bankrupt by the same patenting and monopolizing of cotton seed

Whew! Sorry, had to get that out. So nice to talk to people who actually know what/who Monsanto is.

Not many people will understand me if I go around muttering "monsanto is Satan."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:33:40 AM PDT
Susanna says:
Have you noticed the spike in cotton prices? The news mentions that the cost of clothing will soon be going up; the news doesn't mention why.

Some Indians who are now bankrupt thanks to Monsatan are attempting to oraganize.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:35:49 AM PDT
Susanna says:
"How do we know what Monsanto is doing is not contributing to the demise of the bees colonies?"

My thoughts exactly.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 10:36:01 AM PDT
If people do not like Monsanto, there's an easy solution. Support your local farmers. Perhaps if more people did that, there wouldn't be such a demand for Monsanto's products. Just a crazy thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:36:14 AM PDT
Susanna says:
"Somehow, they must be stopped before our food supply is poisoned beyond repair."

You know, I really do think it is too late :(

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:38:34 AM PDT
Susanna says:
Agreed. But can farmers survivie on what used to be called "truck farming"--(my grandfather did)--farming and selling produce at stands and markets? I know one who has been sucessful--he ahs a "U Pick" farm, but he is located in a climate that allows nine to ten month harvesting and selling.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:44:02 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
But Monsanto has the political influence from their billions of dollars to influence state and federal governments to restrict local farmers and to be able to pass laws and regulations which allow them to maintain their market dominance.

A much more agressive approach is needed to end their poisonous influence. Contact your representatives in Congress and write the President telling him to get rid of his Monsanto Food Czar Michael Taylor.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
MONSANTO 5163 4 minutes ago
The Honey Revolution 1110 48 minutes ago
Rife Machine Usuage 2581 1 hour ago
which is best Resveratrol product (not too expensive)? 2879 16 hours ago
How to regrow hair? 19 16 hours ago
Can an alcoholic learn to drink moderately? 2599 1 day ago
Tinnitus 24 2 days ago
Tips for Weight Loss 27 4 days ago
Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia? 47 4 days ago
Anyone have any recommendations for Anxiety? 74 4 days ago
Fun Energy Psychology/Healing "Experiment" 355 8 days ago
Reishi Mushroom 145 9 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  155
Total posts:  5164
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2010
Latest post:  4 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions