Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Health forum

Health - Can Wine Really Protect You From A Heart Attack!?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 5, 2012 10:09:59 AM PDT
Our friends in France think so. Also, Dr. Oz once said that a glass of red wine with dinner provided you aren't alcoholic is perfectly all right and has the potential to offset heart issues.

Posted on May 4, 2012 11:56:49 AM PDT
I don't drink a lot, and tend to drink sweet white wine rather than red wine. However, I have been recommended a red wine called Summer Red by Gallo
http://www.gallofamily.co.uk/wines/red-wines/summer-red/

I'm just sipping some now, and it is delicious. (It's icy cold out of the fridge) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 10:03:04 AM PST
He was a minor researcher in this field of research. Wine helping health is a scientific and medical fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 11:03:28 PM PST
Wendellyn says:
I just read today that the researcher who made those claims was lying and was connected to a drug company who was paying him big bucks to skew the tests. Can't trust anything any more.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 3:02:15 PM PST
Uncle Mike says:
Grape seed concentrate, grape juice and red wine extract are better for you and don't kill brain and liver cells. However, they don't taste as good or give you a buzz.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 1:30:41 PM PST
Can you post this in the diehard, AA thread, please?

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 11:51:07 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I absolutely adore wine. If wine can really prevent heart attacks, I should be good for life! Unfortunately, this is not the case and this spam post is just talking BS to get some hits.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 10:01:10 AM PST
Primrose says:
I drink a glass of wine pretty much each day. Not sure if it is helping with my heart health! But from what I've read figure it might help some and besides that it tastes pretty good. I tend to look for French or California wines as recall reading this article from a cardiologist about them tending to be the highest in flavonoids.

"Heart Scan Blog Redux: Cheers to flavonoids"

http://www.trackyourplaque.com/blog/2009/11/heart-scan-blog-redux-cheers-to-flavonoids.html

Initial post: Jan 12, 2012 5:16:41 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 13, 2012 4:48:05 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2012
Latest post:  May 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions