Customer Discussions > Health forum

The future

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 26, 2012 6:35:31 PM PST
My coworker made an interesting remark. He said "good people aren't having enough children. "Bad" people have large families and their offspring is our future"

Not his words, exactly but I think what he was trying to say is that the truly decent people worry about certain things and their responsibilities keep them from having large families. "Other" less-than-decent folk rarely have their priorities in line and the worry of supporting a large family isn't a worry at all for them.

His message seems sorta hateful, I know. Still when I think about it I can't help to think there's some truth to it. I don't know who the good people are versus the bad ones but in the end the good will marry the bad and produce offspring with them. Hopefully some of the good habits can rub off on the bad guys and not the other way around.

What does this have to do with health? I don't know man but I thought it was similar to the "mental shouldn't have children" thread. Too bad we can't stop criminals from influencing their offspring, eh? Well I thought it was interesting anyway.

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 9:35:42 PM PST
Well, I tend to agree with your friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 10:03:49 PM PST
There are plenty of people who can rise above their childhood circumstances, including poverty and chaotic or abusive households. People can be more resilient than we often give them credit for. Furthermore, what is idiotic in one generation may not result in devastation in the next - for example, my father is the offspring of a young unmarried who gave him up for adoption. My father has a genius IQ and worked as an engineer and raised three successful children and has seven healthy grandchildren. I am thankful for that woman's mistake - I would not be here otherwise.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 2:49:04 AM PST
OldAmazonian says:
Denying the heritability of some traits is foolish and false.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 5:19:50 PM PST
Nothing is 100% doll. Which are the majority, those who rise or those whom repeat the cycle?

Your example is poor I must say. I fail to see how adoption is a mistake. Not able or willing to cut it as a parent and recognizing that fact is a sign of maturity and intelligence. I wish more would follow her example.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 5:50:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 5:50:48 PM PST
Your response seems rather condescending, which comes as a surprise since I wasn't refuting you, but expanding on your coworker's thoughts. I imagine in 1939 my unknown grandmother's pregnancy was a huge shame to her family. It is too bad that they can't know its later success.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 10:13:37 PM PST
Two nice posts from you, Suzanna. Thanks for posting.

Here is what my mentor referenced in the telegram he and his wife sent us on the occasion of our marriage:
"As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them." Psa 127:4 & 5

We now have 4 grown daughters and 8 Grandchildren.

Natural honey is recommended to males who have problems siring children. Natural honey is great to raise a family on. Natural honey and the pollen the bees collect are traditional in many cultures in relation to fertility and fecundity rites. The Honeymoon is self explanatory! People would give a gift of honey to the newlyweds, hopefully enough to last them for a month! Pregnancy was all but guaranteed!

Natural honey promotes good health and happiness.

More later!

In the mean time, check out my favourite two books:
The Hibernation Diet
The Honey Revolution: Restoring the Health of Future Generations

Note the subtitle of the second book.

If middle and upper class folk do not start promoting the health of their children in a meaningful and effective way the future bodes poorly for our culture.

Don't worry about overpopulation. It is already here. Nature will level the playing field when the time is right. Worry about the survival of our own culture.

Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Cheers,

JohnS

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 3:55:15 AM PST
sorry you felt that way, it was not my intent. i wouldnt hide such a thing plus i didnt disagree with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 6:59:48 AM PST
Thanks, John - My cousins are beekeepers and they make the best honey in the world, in my opinion. They are 20 years older than me and and I had this sudden thought that I would need to stock up on their honey before they retire...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 6:30:31 PM PST
Good Thinking, Suzanna. Lay in as much as you can possibly afford, store and manage effectively. It is better than money in the bank as the Perfect Storm is about to hit the world's honey supply.

You are lucky to have your own private source. Most of the rest of the world's people have to rely on supermarkets and their diminishing suppliers. It is true that the younger people are not taking up the trade, but when the prices spike out ten times, no doubt the industry will undergo something of a revival.

Cheers,

JohnS
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Feb 26, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions