Customer Discussions > Health forum

Do you use Splenda? Other artificial sweeteners?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2851-2875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 10:54:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012 8:37:56 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 11:20:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 11, 2012 11:25:48 PM PDT
Pampeliska says:
Not sure which part 'doesn't work' for you? Would you elaborate?

For the chocolate, both powdered Stevia in the packets or liquid mix in completely and add enough sweetness to make it taste just like a 'normal' chocolate. You can also add/use Xylitol for extra bulk, but the crystals are harder to dissolve and make the final product taste crunchy.
I pour the liquid mixture in the chocolate mold, put in the freezer or fridge, and after it hardens, it pops out easily and comes out just perfect, shiny, tasty AND lot healthier. Also, since (raw unprocessed) coconut oil liquifies lot faster at room temperature, I keep the 'bonbons' in the fridge, it also preserves the fresh taste much longer.

Some people claim Stevia does not taste pleasant to them. I think it also depends on the brands you use. Some cheaper brands do have an 'off' aftertaste.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 6:33:47 AM PDT
Excuse me, Sam, but I think you are confusing sucralose with Splenda. Sucralose is the artificial sweetener that gives Splenda its sweetness. Pure sucralose is so sweet that it takes such a tiny amount, that they add a bulking agent, which is maltodextrin, which is pure sugar after digestion and will cause a sugar spike in EVERYBODY who takes it, not just "some diabetics". Splenda is almost 100% sugar by weight (not by volume because it is half as heavy as sugar due to the pumping full of air to make it fluffier) it has the same calories as sugar. By volume, it has half the calories as plain sugar, but it takes twice as much Splenda to get the same sweetening power, so if you are using Splenda, you are using pure sugar. You can get pure sucralose on the internet either in powder or liquid without the carbs added. It tastes like real sugar and leaves no aftertaste.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:40:23 AM PDT
I might add, Sam, that the "washroom effect" depends on a variety of factors, such as how much of alcohol sugar is consumed, the amount of food and liquid consumed at the same time, the state of fullness of the digestive tract, etc. It is also likely that even when there is a laxative effect, some of the sugar alcohol is absorbed, while the rest is eliminated. Since the amount absorbed is so variable and unpredictable, nobody can count on much of a sugar-free effect with sugar alcohols, even when there is a laxative effect. They are sugars and food processors should not be permitted to lie to the public by labeling them "sugar free."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 9:51:39 PM PDT
I am inclined to think you are right. Stevia that I bought and mixed with chocolate or cocoa left an unpleasant after taste, but the stevia-cocoa mix I bought in a health food store was just great. I would use it again anytime.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 2:17:37 PM PDT
Ron says:
Hi Mary Ann Thank you for explaining that for me, glad I use what I do.
And was wondering if you have had time to read that link I sent you?
http://michaelconnelly.jigsy.com/entries/general/the-truth-about-the-health-care-bills

I wish I had about 1/32 of your brain, but I'm just a farm boy *well old man now) with only 8 grades under my belt.
Best Regards Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 6:05:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 6:05:50 PM PDT
Ron -
I have read thru this link, and if half of what he claims and what I have been hearing is true, we definitely need to trash Obamacare without further delay. The only way I could determine that for certain it is if I read the entire law, all 2000 some pages, which I don't have time to do. I already know I am against it, and I already know that we are probably stuck with it. When it became law, my brother-in-law found that some of the senior care that had been covered by Medicare now was no longer covered either by Medicare or by Obamacare. So far, we have not suffered from this law yet personally except that our insurance rates increased. The full effects of the law, of course, won't be felt until Obama is safely out our of office, and I am sure the Obamacrats planned it that way. I am hearing that if the abortion and birth control is forced on Catholic hospitals and clinics, that they will just shut down all the Catholic hospitals across the country, and the Supreme Court did not even address that first-amendment-religious-freedom issue. If what I heard about this is true, thousands will be out of work, and those who were counting on Obamacare to meet all their health needs will be in for a rude awakening because it will create a severe health care shortage without these important health-care facilities. I am also hearing that those who passed Obamacare have all opted out of it, and I think there needs to be a constitutional amendment that all of our lawmakers be subject to all the laws that they impose on the rest of us. So there you have my opinion, for whatever it is worth. I only have my limited personal experience, via my brother-in-law, and what I hear and read, which I don't know is true, but I know enough from experience to be convinced that it is very senior-unfriendly, and that is enough for me to want to see it trashed. I hope this answers your question.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 6:48:51 PM PDT
luna says:
Safeway, whole foods, trader joe's, amazon also!

:)

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 7:12:07 PM PDT
Rose says:
Equal

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 8:23:19 PM PDT
Ron -
Don't put yourself down just because you don't have more education. You don't know how "smart" you would be if you had the opportunity for more education, and the smartest man I ever knew was "just a farm boy" preacher who never got past the 6th grade, but when it came to "book learning", he had it in the Book that really counts. He could answer any question about the Bible to your satisfaction, and had the patience to explain it until you understood. It's what you do with what you have that is the real test of a person's intelligence.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 9:23:12 PM PDT
Ron says:
Mary Ann I have all the amendments to HR 3200 its 15.8 MBs, but I am not smart enough to read all of them, but did get enough to scare the heck out of me, when you read part of one and it says refer to page 1145 subsection B 4 and 5 and E 6 and 7 And belive me that senior-unfriendly is just kid stuff compared to whats really in it. So I will just have to read and listen to MR.Connelly. I just wanted your opinion of the man, he did take the time to read the whole thing. And all of it has not taken affect as yet, all of it will take affect in 2014, if he gets back in, which he will, because his buddy from Spain is providing most of the voting machines and counting for all the major states with the most electoral collage votes, other wise Mitt Romney would have killed it. I know this is not the right place to talk about this, but I did not no how to find you any other way. If you could find another way I could tell you 6 of the real bad things I did find. Somehow the word has to be spread around about HB 3200.
Your a very smart Lady, and I thank you very much for this and all the help you have given me all these years.
Best Wishes
Ron

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:08:06 AM PDT
Ron -
You can find me on Facebook. You might check maryannwhite@facebook.com. I am in Oklahoma City, and my profile picture is posted. If this doesn't get it, let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 10:53:20 AM PDT
Ron says:
Mary Ann I sent you a note on facebook, and I really don't know much about that place, hope you get it. Please don't ever say anything bad about him on there or here for that matter, I know about now you are thinking this old man is slipped over the edge, but there is a reason for it all. I have a cell phone with verizon which comes in handy if you ever need help or a NET Hey you could even email me sometime if you use the right name.
Thanks for all the help.
Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:04:04 PM PDT
I'm afraid your message got misdirected. Try www.facebook.com/maryannwhite in Oklahoma City. You may have to join Facebook to do this, but its easy and it's free. Just follow the directions at www/facebook.com and you will need a password to join. I could email you if use the right name? What would that be? I don't have an email address for you but I am interested in receiving your message.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:28:40 PM PDT
Ron says:
Mary Ann Some lady did sign me up for facebook, but I don;t know the password she used, and I hate it there anyway. All I said on there was this is ron2u remember that name. And don't want to talk on there either, and I told you why. just take that name and reread the last message I sent here.
Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:43:30 PM PDT
I cannot find anything on Facebook under the name "ron2u" and I can't find any message from you anywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:50:03 PM PDT
Ron says:
Mary Ann Its not about Facebook it has to do with email.
Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:59:19 PM PDT
And to hell with all the People that can not afford Healthcare? They have to go to the "Emergency room" and you and I pay for that!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:14:52 PM PDT
Ron says:
Mary Ann Go back and read the post I sent you today about my cell phone.
Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 2:17:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 4:11:09 PM PDT
Ron says:
Mary Ann I don't really know if you are busy, or can't get my email address out of the posts I have been sending. I really did not want to post it on here but if I have to I will. That is if you really want it and here what I have to say, I cannot tell you on here, I would be kicked off here for posting on a Splenda topic the things I have to tell you.
I hope you understand, and will not get upset with me.
Regards Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 6:56:26 PM PDT
Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Ich lerne jetzt Deutsch und Ich liebe Deutschmusik sehr. Woher kommen Sie?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 6:57:49 PM PDT
Yes, we are already paying for that. If a homeless person hanging out in the public library reports to the guards that he "doesn't feel good", they call an ambulance at about $800 per trip, and the public pays for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 7:09:06 PM PDT
Ron -
You are right about that. I can't get your email address out of the posts you have been sending, but I am not upset with you. All I have found is "ron2u" and that is not enough for me to email you. I need to know your internet service provider. You should have an email address in the format "ron2u@peoplepc" or "ron2u@aol." I need to know what follows the @ in order to contact you. I certainly don't want you kicked out of the Splenda discussion group. Why don't you just send me your email address in your next message?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 9:45:27 AM PST
Lynm614 says:
Be careful around pets. Xylitol is very toxic to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 9:56:24 AM PST
Al P says:
Please forward and share all the Stats are here the truth go to w w w . Dor way . c o m how and the people responsible foir all of this .
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  766
Total posts:  3094
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2007
Latest post:  10 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 41 customers

Search Customer Discussions