Customer Discussions > Health forum

Unvaccinated children/adults health history

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5676-5700 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:39:21 AM PDT
Interesting the lines that were left out of the original article?

"Experts say an expired or temperature compromised vaccine will not directly harm a child, but it may leave them defenseless against the serious and deadly diseases those vaccines are meant to protect them from."

"Based on what we know right now, the increase in whooping cough in Washington state is not based on storage and handling," said Dr. Anne Schuchat with the Centers for Disease Control."

And besides, if vaccines do not work, how could bad vaccines be causing an illness?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:43:49 AM PDT
Hi, I am 63 this month. Most of my siblings were never vaccinated as infants because my mother believed in natural solutions. We all had the range of mumps, chicken pox etc but all are very healthy overall, all our lives. I do have seasonal and some food allergies but our parents smoked most of their lives. I used Sunrider five formula products when the allergies became severe and was absolutely cured. These products build up the immune system unbelievably, at least they did for me. All in all, one sister was vaccinated when she went into a nursing program. One brother, when he went into the military. But overall, we are well and healthy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:51:45 AM PDT
Tree, I never had a problem with you or the way you handle yourself on the boards and know you would never resort to such childishness. You should have no reason to ever think I'd group you into the trolling tactics of others.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 11:21:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 11:24:52 AM PDT
apriljeff says:
His "study" was done on 12 toddlers and some were already showing signs of autism. He's been disgraced in the medical field.

The children in the study were not randomly selected. None of them lived anywhere near the hospital where Wakefield's team examined them. One came from as far away as California. All were recruited through anti-MMR-vaccine campaigners.
Wakefield did not disclose that he was acting as a paid consultant to a U.K. lawyer who was suing MMR vaccine makers for damages. Wakefield was paid about $668,000 plus expenses.
Despite being described as "previously normal," five of the children had evidence of developmental problems before receiving the MMR vaccine.
Only one of the 12 children in the study had regressive autism, although the study reported that nine of them had this condition. Three of these nine children were never diagnosed with autism.
In nine cases, gut examinations of the children were changed from "unremarkable" to "non-specific colitis."
For all 12 children in the study, medical records and parent accounts contradict case descriptions in the published study.
The BMJ editors conclude that these discrepancies show that Wakefield deliberately faked the study.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20110105/bmj-wakefield-autism-faq?page=2

Oh and this particular vaccine has never had mercury in it...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:01:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 12:02:49 PM PDT
This study was not attempting to link the MMR to causing autism.

Who cares if it never had mercury in it? Some of us have never pointed at mercury as *the* problem ingredient anyway!!!

So you are going to go by Deer's reporting on the kids, when he did NOT have access to their medical histories? The kids' parents have vocalized support for Wakefield and some have shown outrage that Deer knew as much as he did. And then... the results HAVE been replicated.

And then you cite WebMD. LOL

The whole Wakefield study=MMR implicated in causing autism bruhaha was the MEDIA'S doing. The paper DID NOT establish that link. It did raise more questions, which is why Wakefield's conclusion was... MORE RESEARCH NEEDS TO BE DONE. He KNEW his sample size was too small to be definitive. He knew 12 kids didn't prove anything other than more research needed to be done.

I'm not going to argue Wakefield any more. You read the study itself and stop parroting what you've been told to believe about it. Wakefield had absolutely NO BEARING AT ALL on my decision not to vaccinate my child ever again. He never even got the MMR as a toddler yet showed regressions following OTHER vaccines. He'd stop making eye contact. He lost reflexes. My baby stopped talking for a YEAR after being quite advanced for his age at 12 months.

He stopped GROWING. If you saw his growth chart you'd see how he'd hold his curve, then get vaccinated and drop, then recover just to drop again after the next round. Then after that last one.... he PLUNGED. From 75% to less than 8%. His bone age scan indicates he is now 9 months behind and should be around 85%, where he had moved up to from 50% at birth, before that first round. His endocrine system is damaged and he doesn't make enough IGF-1. So little the lab couldn't quantify it. He may never go through puberty. He may never reach 4' tall. His father is 6'5". I'm 5'7". Even without the bone scan indicating he SHOULD be at 85% it's apparent that's where he belonged.

He also has gut issues WITHOUT having had the MMR. His stemmed from Rotateq.

Hindsight is 20/20, and this mama sees clearly now that vaccines are not child's play. They have no business being given to children until we have ways to find out IN ADVANCE who is at risk and who is not. Until we find safer ways to vaccinate. Slowing it down didn't help my son, only added insult to injury. Each straw broke him further and further. The MMR would have been next. Would it have been the one that stole him forever? I'll never know, but I don't doubt for a second that it would have. It's a cumulative issue with vaccines, not just one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:10:14 PM PDT
"This study was not attempting to link the MMR to causing autism."

Really? It says this right in the "findings" section of the study.

"Findings: Onset of behavioural symptoms was associated,
by the parents, with measles, mumps, and rubella
vaccination in eight of the 12 children, with measles
infection in one child, and otitis media in another. All 12
children had intestinal abnormalities, ranging from
lymphoid nodular hyperplasia to aphthoid ulceration.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:13:28 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
I cite a source link to further state what I posted. If there is a chance what I post may be incorrect or mistaken, I will post a link. I can post many more links also. I remember him making the evening news and yes, mercury HAS been blamed in many discussions. I have children also. Do you think I just blindly follow? I don't. That's why my girls did not nor will they ever get the HPV vaccine. You should never have to say, "hindsight is 20/20"....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:17:48 PM PDT
"Onset of behavioural symptoms was associated,
********by the parents********, with measles, mumps, and rubella
vaccination"

That 2 of the children had symptom onset following measles infection and an ear infection, that supports MY theory that it's not the ingredients in and of themselves, though they are harmful and do play a part, but the immune response. Vaccines trigger massive immune responses, and this is where the ingredients come into play. ANY adjuvant is capable.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:43:48 PM PDT
ok, this may seem a little off base to some. however i wanted to share it on this sight to see if i am the only one who thinks this way. i believe in the mind,body,spirit connection and try and use that to promote good health. lately i have been getting into yoga and i enjoy it so much. a friend i met introduced me to numerology and i have started to read up on it. a few books and a few online sights. one online sight has really good articles. the link is http://17cc2edg0ampdt4hwimfr6-7ah.hop.clickbank.net/

anyway i have started to apply numerology to my everyday life and i feel i am gaining more control over my life. has anyone ever experienced this before with numerology?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:49:01 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
Ummm are you vaccinated??

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 1:08:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 1:08:36 PM PDT
Amanda says:
"Onset of behavioural symptoms was associated,
********by the parents********, with measles, mumps, and rubella
----------------

Really. Funny how a so-called professional and unbiased study would mention post-vaccination. If Wakefield was concerned only about gut disorders, vaccination should have had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what he alleged he was studying. Furthermore, the study mentions "environmental" exposure.....but vaccination is the only thing mentioned for that. He are also some juicy bits...

"Rubella virus is associated with autism and the combined
measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (rather than
monovalent measles vaccine) has also been implicated."

"Fudenberg16 noted that for 15 of 20 autistic children, the
first symptoms developed within a week of vaccination.
Gupta17 commented on the striking association between
measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination and the onset of
behavioural symptoms in all the children that he had
investigated for regressive autism."

"If there is a causal link between measles, mumps, and
rubella vaccine and this syndrome, a rising incidence
might be anticipated after the introduction of this vaccine
in the UK in 1988."

For someone claiming he's not linking the MMR to causing autism, she sure the heck is talking alot about its implications in his study. It's beyond me that if one has an anti-vax stance, they would distance themselves far from this Wakefield nonsense and stop trying to quality his paper as legit. It's not - no more legit than any deception in the health care field bar none.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 1:41:25 PM PDT
Yes, you did. You cited WebMD. LOL

Again, not all of us blamed mercury. I didn't say no one did.

I do not blindly follow. I went into that doctor's office at his 2 month visit with my stomach tied in knots. My gut told me not to do it. I took my husband as support. I told the doctor I wanted more time to research and was read the riot act by a doctor I had loved and trusted for over 10 years. He scared my husband, using false statistics, into signing the waiver and my son was assaulted while I cried helpless. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have had a stronger backbone and ripped that waiver into shreds and demanded the time I wanted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 2:07:00 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
Scared your husband?? lol

I never had to sign any waiver, unless there was a surgery involved.. You sure he's a dr???

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 3:15:27 PM PDT
Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 3:20:41 PM PDT
It's true- whether receiving or denying vaccines, often parents are required to sign waivers :/

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 4:27:25 PM PDT
THINK4YRSLF says:
I believe that the valid universal complaint that the antivaxers (sp?) have is the violation of their right to pursuit of life, liberty, & happiness for themselves and their own families. Their right to know information about both dangers and benefits of immunization & to make decisions based upon that info is not respected. I became aware of the vaccine issues in 1985 when my second child was born with an endocrine defect that creates a deficiency in the immune system. Sitting at the public vaccine clinic waiting our turn for shots, I read the small print on the form they made parents sign before administering vaccines. Among other dangers it listed warnings from the maker against giving the serum to people with certain conditions or medications. I put off immunizing for both children that day because one child did have those listed conditions and medications and I felt a need to know more before I did anything involving risk to either child. After an extensive search for information I felt there was too much risk to consider giving most vaccinations to the ill child but proceeded to research the recommended list for the other child. When we began hearing reports of contaminated virus along with a loud denial of even the slightest ill caused by a vaccine from the health leaders my faith in the whole system began to wane. What is disturbing to me is that fewer and fewer health workers know or disseminate undisputed warnings and known information about vaccine risk out of fear that parents will opt out. I was shocked at the birth of my fourth child in 1998 when confronted with a sig-form for a hep B vacc which listed among its many warnings that the serum should not b given to individuals with certain food allergies! Who is thinking here?! Am I expected to authorize exposure of my newborn in spite of the fact that I have no idea what sensitivities he may have? My second child's defect was not diagnosed until a couple weeks of age. I am sure there are many such problems a child can be born with. I believe that people working in health care are mostly like me with good intentions in their work, but that they, like me, need to stay alert to mistruth. We all need to be willing to admit to ourselves and others when the emperor truly is naked. That kind of honesty is the only thing protecting us from human corruption and error that we are all prone to.

The one sided approach to Vaccine safety by those in authority is becoming so obvious that all kinds of people are feeling it instead of just those prone to conspiracy theories and anti-government opinions. Mistrust grows where the truth is hidden and rights to think for ourselves are denied. It gets Americans thinking that there might be a hidden agenda, or someone somewhere profiting by the massive immunization requirement increase. It is starting to sound like maybe some of the accusations that pharmaceutical companies are sitting on the board that determines what shots are required, are true. Whatever the problem is, the last thing we will put at risk while it all gets sorted out, is our children.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 5:25:25 PM PDT
Janet Kay says:
Hi, apriljones, in our office, one must sign a consent form for each different vaccine given--not each component, but the actual full product. There is also a form for parents to sign to state that they know the risks of not vaccinating. This is not mandated, but the consent for vaccination is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:39:04 PM PDT
Yes, I'm sure he's a doctor. He's an author, too...

A Wonderful, Colorful Adventure at the Doctor's Office

Up until that day I thought he was wonderful. He had an amazing sense of humor (had Doctor's handwriting certificates hanging in the exam rooms), he was extremely pro-breastfeeding, I'd known him half my life when my first child was born. His reaction to me wanting to research vaccines before giving them was a major shock.

Some call it a consent form, some call it a waiver. What it is is acknowledging you know the risks (which most doctors don't TELL you) and benefits (consent), and that the doctor will not be held liable (waiver). Pretty sure it's required by law. Vaccines are a medical intervention just like surgery is. Don't you have to sign that you either had or declined a consult with the pharmacist when you pick up a prescription? Same thing.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:39:51 PM PDT
Magi Elle says:
Vaccines are not tested before they are distributed and administered to the public. There is no scientific evidence in existance, according to all the researchers I have reviewed, that vaccination prevents disease, while there is plenty of evidence that vaccinated children frequently contract the diseases against which they have been immunized. Statistics show USA as being the most vaccinated nation, and also shows the highest rates of asthma, childhood onset diabetes, and other unusual childhood health ailments that well nourished children in a generally sanitary environment should not be contracting. No double blind tests are ever conducted to verify that vaccines will reduce the rate of occurence of any disease. However, researchers have documented proprietary interests of government officials in the pharmaceutical industry as well as evidence of successful lobbying by big pharma. Meanwhile, the autism rate in our country is now, I learned recently, at 1 in 67. Autism supposedly cannot be linked to vaccination, but statistics do not lie.
I have suffered from asthma and allergies which began months after my vaccines at age 4, and vaccination is contraindicated for individuals who have such health condition or a genetic propensity for it. It is stated on the label of the vaccine.
My son recieved 1 vaccine before he left the hospital, against my better judgment, but the nurses ganged up on my husband and he pressured me to consent. Shortly after my son developed severe infant acne / excema and now has inherited my keratitis pilaris (bumpy skin) condition.
I refused to vaccinate any further, but I do not recommend this route for the general populace because most people are unfamiliar with natural and alternative health strategies such as herbal remedies and colloidal silver (natural effective @ntibiotic that I have safely used for 16+ years).
My son has no symptoms of asthma, thankfully. He does catch colds and flu, but noticibly less frequently. He usually recovers in a day or two, much more quickly than the average kid who will exhibit a runny nose and cough for weeks or months. He has never been treated for ear infection either.
My reason for non-vaccination is spiritual as well, because I believe that human blood is sacred and should remain pure and unpolluted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:57:32 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
The ONLY time I. Ever signed anything other than hippa forms was when my daughter and I had a surgery... Vaccines aren't just invented without testing.
At least the Dr had many handwriting certificates...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:00:59 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
the only consent form I've signed for vaccines is one from the middle school when they offer free vaccines and the form I signed was a permission form

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:06:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 9:24:24 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
After going through it three times, I would remember signing forms.

Guess I. Need to clarify or I'll have the vultures converge upon my statement.. I have never ever signed a waiver stating risks and benefits other than giving birth and having surgeries.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 9:09:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 9:13:15 PM PDT
Andrew King says:
Collette: "When we began hearing reports of contaminated virus along with a loud denial of even the slightest ill caused by a vaccine from the health leaders my faith in the whole system began to wane. What is disturbing to me is that fewer and fewer health workers know or disseminate undisputed warnings and known information about vaccine risk out of fear that parents will opt out."

This does not conform with the reality of medical practice. Due to publicity given to claims by antivaxer groups an article in salon.com by Robert Kennedy Jr. and Andrew Wakefield's bogus Lancet paper (both subsequently withdrawn)*, physicians and public health workers have had to spend more time explaining benefits and risk of vaccination, not less. There has never been denial of the possibility of side effects of immunization - you'll find information on this on every science-based website I've linked to here, including that of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, CDC**, immunize.org etc.
And anyone who argues we need to be alert to "when the emperor truly is naked" should look at the extensive list of foolish antivaccine claims that have been thoroughly debunked (but are repeated ad nauseum) and the continuing defense by antivaxers of people who claim to "heal vaccine injuries" through the use of chemical castration and bleach enemas, and you'll see a lot of embarassing naked truth.

*http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/salon-retracts-2005-robert-f-kennedy-jr-piece-on-alleged-autism-vaccine-link/
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html

**I see that since I last visited, someone has apparently posted that I work at the CDC (and live in England?). Bzzzt! Sorry, our amateur detective is wrong. I have no connection with government, drug companies or any medical practice or business connected with vaccines, and derive no income from sales of medical products. I have an interest in public health and dispelling false information that harms children and others at risk from vaccine-preventable diseases, hard as this is to accept for the sort of people who see conspiracies under every rock.
I feel sorry for the person whose contact information apparently was posted and could be wrongly harassed over a case of mistaken identity. If that happens he might be justified in seeking a legal remedy.

"Civil discourse". What a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 10:21:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 10:26:37 PM PDT
Refuser says:
Andrew King,

'I have no connection with government, drug companies or any medical practice or business connected with vaccines, and derive no income from sales of medical products.'

Thank you for finally answering my numerous requests for disclosure about your financial conflicts of interest with regard to vaccines. I lost count of how many times you ignored or refused to answer. In any event, I apologize for apparently identifying the wrong Andrew King.

If I may be so bold to make a request, please keep up your scathing reviews of Refuser songs, as it helps attract legitimate fans who are repulsed by your twisting of scientific studies and persecution of the unvaccinated and vaccine adverse reaction victims. If whatever it is that you do for a living doesn't work out, please consider a music promotion position with the Refusers. I think you've got a real knack for reverse psychology marketing.

With kind regards,
Michael Belkin

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 1:43:09 AM PDT
P. Barclay says:
CDC data shows 84 percent of children under the age of 3 have received at least FOUR DTaP shots-which is the acellular pertussis vaccine that was approved in the United States in 1996-yet, despite this high vaccination rate, whooping cough still keeps circulating among both the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

More likely than not, the vaccine provides very little if any protection, and this was evidenced very clearly in a study published in Clinical Infectious Diseases.

Researchers reviewed data on every patient who tested positive for pertussis between March and October 2010 at the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in San Rafael, California.

Out of these 132 patients:

*81 percent were fully up to date on the whooping cough vaccine
*8 percent had never been vaccinated
*11 percent had received at least one shot, but not the entire recommended series

So according to a CDC study the majority of people who have been infected with pertussis received all 4 TDAP shots? Very few who did not get the shots were infected...Interesting
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  819
Total posts:  7261
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 44 customers

Search Customer Discussions