Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Health forum

Am I screwed? I have seasonal depression and badly need help.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 651-662 of 662 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 7:42:43 AM PDT
Dan says:
Here's some authors who will outline,for you,EXACTLY what to do. Wayne Dyer;Gary Zukav; Deepak Chopra

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 11:44:25 AM PDT
John Doe says:
You could try to find a job that allowed you to travel somewhere else during winter months. For example, if you had a job as a college professor, you could avoid teaching during the winter quarter and live in the Southern Hemisphere for that quarter. Or maybe if you just lived in an area with a great climate year-round you wouldn't suffer from problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 11:44:26 AM PDT
John Doe says:
You could try to find a job that allowed you to travel somewhere else during winter months. For example, if you had a job as a college professor, you could avoid teaching during the winter quarter and live in the Southern Hemisphere for that quarter. Or maybe if you just lived in an area with a great climate year-round you wouldn't suffer from problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 12:22:03 PM PDT
Michael, I believe your vitamin D suggestion is the right approach and you might add that the body is cable of generating its own if allowed. Sunshine is a must, with the HUV portion that does the work. Unfortunately this portion of sunlight is absorbed by window glass and most sunscreens.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 1:02:51 PM PDT
fun times
You might add, eliminate milk, wheat, rye and barley from your diet among others.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 7:15:28 PM PDT
Have you ever tried 5-htp for depression? Check it out on doctoryourself.com. There is a cheaper and better supplement though. Niacin (which is a vitamin B)and vitamin C taken together. Start the niacin at 100 mg 3 times a day with 500 to 1000 mg of vitamin C (very6 important here...after meals and do not shower right before or after taking naicin it makes you hotter and itchy). You will have a hot flush that goes away in about 1/2 hour. after a week or so move up slowly next to 250 or 500 mg niacin 3 times day after meals with 1000 mgs of vitamin C. I take 1000 mg of niacin with 1000 mg of vitamin C 3 times a day after meals and it has helped mine and many others depression.

Posted on May 4, 2012 9:08:22 AM PDT
KittyWolf says:
My advice would be to find a good psychiatrist who will work with your doctor. I have found one in my local area who actually is a lot more knowledgable about meds and how they affect a person than my family doctor. He is also more willing to switch meds rather than add if one isn't working. I also know he's good because everytime I'm in his office which happens to be the same one as my psychologist he is getting updated or reading some research on meds and their pros and cons, that is if he isn't currently seeing someone.

Posted on May 4, 2012 9:56:10 AM PDT
Treehugger© says:
it's society that's screwed up not you

When Society Becomes an Addict

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 12:10:13 PM PDT
CW says:
Hi, Mia. Have you investigated a natural health/nutritional explanation or brain imbalance connection to explain your depression? I have great friend that does neurofeedback, which could be of great benefit to you. Her website is http://www.resilia.org. (You might also try Dr. Amen's brain work.) I also have a lot of resources on my natural health website, including a supplement that might be great for you: http://www.feelgoodbuzz.com. Finally, have you tried seeing an acupuncturist, holistic chiropractor or naturopath to help you- this natural health approach can do wonders! Hang in there! You will find a solution!

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 12:07:05 PM PST
Mom of kids says:
Your answer to that is this Zahlers Mastermind, Positive Mood Formula with 5-htp, Aids in Anxiety Stress and Depression, All Natural Safe and Effective Anti-Depressant Supplement, #1 Best Top Quality Vitamin to Boost Serotonin, Certified Kosher, 120 Tablets this supplement is truly out of this world! It has helped me tons and it really really works. I've seen amazing results on it.

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 12:55:49 PM PST
Zavita has been known to help with that, along with 120 plus other things too. But you won't find it here. Try http://behealthyagain.firstfitness.com and for what it does, it's a life saver. No, it's not a high priced fruit juice either, as it's the extracts of the bark, root, and leaves of 7 plants from the Amazon Rainforest. I drink at least 2 ounces of it a day.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2016 2:46:37 PM PST
i would definitely run right out and buy a product promoted as the "Elixir of Life", especially since it's marketed by people who also sell decoder charts, magnets and Willard Water (which is said to make cows feel better).

Apparently neither this nor the product the previous poster is hyping are certified non-GMO, which is depressing. :(
‹ Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  425
Total posts:  662
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 39 customers

Search Customer Discussions