Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Health forum

yes-you can cure yourself of cancer

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6851-6875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 6, 2012 3:40:09 PM PDT
Carl P. says:
The original post's author has since died from...you guessed it! Cancer!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 3:42:23 PM PDT
Regina Smith says:
If they dont relieze that our bodies need vitamins we need to relieve they know nothing that can benifit the human body

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 5:52:27 PM PDT
How do you know that Carl?

Posted on May 6, 2012 6:23:23 PM PDT
So Diana made 8 years, aye? Well she beat the odds anyway. May she rest in peace. 67 is not entirely a disgraceful age to survive to. Living with that black cloud hanging over your head is truly a Damocles Sword type of experience.

I knew she should never have had that surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also suspect she had more enjoyment from her last eight years than do those who struggle to survive all the burning, poisoning and mutilation. I wonder how many thousands of dollars she saved and subsequently spent on enjoyable things and events?

Sorry, guys, I know you all can't wait to get back to speaking to each other in Latin, but some honest facts, opinions and suggestions are welcome by a few of us.

Carry on mutilating, burning and poisoning! The market for your services appears to be expanding.

JohnS

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 6:34:48 PM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Not so fast John,
I think that was Carl P. Dink.

How about the national news
talking about Honey stopping
prostate cancer.

Posted on May 6, 2012 6:43:04 PM PDT
I am sure there are many conscientious and reputable doctors in mainstream medicine just as there are in so called alternative medicine. However people like Andrew King, Parrotslave, and others like them on this forum who seem to be hell bent on ridiculing, discrediting, and labeling as quackery what they call alternative medicine are like the prestigious scientists in Christopher Columbus' day who were enraged at him for suggesting that the earth is round not flat as was the prevailing consensus among the mainstream scientists of that day. Unfortunately these kinds of educated fools are as prevalent in today's society as maggots on a rotting dead body.
If you want to take charge of your health and live a long life stay away from these closed minded arrogant fools.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 6:47:40 PM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Victor,

And with that in mind, Read up
on Chaparral Tea, the rumor
mill said it was banned.
(crapola)

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 7:14:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 6, 2012 8:13:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 8:08:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 8:12:12 PM PDT
I looked it up and it looks like it is still readily available from multiple sources. Thanks for sharing that info and watch out for Andrew King as he will most likely condemn you for recommending that I read up on something so "potentially dangerous"! (lol)

Posted on May 6, 2012 8:53:37 PM PDT
While reading your writing susan, I have been informed myself about things I had never heard before about curing a cancer or feeding it in such case, Why Am I telling you this? Cause the last month we have been informed that our Grandpa has stomach's Cancer, and taking into account he's 88 years old and many other things, our family did not want him to use Chemo/Rad treatment or Surgery because of his advaced age, but what i've found here today it's really interesting for me, so I will then give this info to my grandpa tomorrow morning and try to encourage him to follow it.
Thanks again and wish you the best.
Like I always say:
Everybody is free to think what they want to think, If you think medical treatment is the solution to cure cancer it's ok,

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 12:18:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 7, 2012 12:29:15 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 3:43:33 AM PDT
King, I was of the impression Carl P was reporting on Diana Wilson, the OP of this thread. Did I get it all wrong? Oh surely, ...........not again!?

Honey for Prostate Cancer, aye? What next? I can't tell you much about prostate cancer as I don't have it. I figure it is only marginally suited to its inclusion in the cancer list, as it is more to do with males aging than with degeneration prematurely. If I never go near another white coat and I die of prostate cancer at age 125, will that be OK? I can look down from heaven and watch you guys filling in my certificate........... died of PC, after refusing chemo. What a tragedy. A life that might have been saved for a dozen or more miserable weeks. A quck buck we didn't collect too!

I figure old men have been dying of PC for centuries but without a diagnosis it was considered a natural death, whatever that might have been, it seems to have been eliminated anyway. Chalk that one up as another miracle of modern medicine. Natural deaths now defeated! The stastistics prove it! GOOOO medical scientists! Go!

Cheers,

JohnS

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:13:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 5:56:47 AM PDT
"who seem to be hell bent on ridiculing, discrediting, and labeling as quackery what they call alternative medicine are like the prestigious scientists in Christopher Columbus' day who were enraged at him for suggesting that the earth is round not flat as was the prevailing consensus among the mainstream scientists of that day"

Ah yes! The "They persecuted Galileo defense" because every single purveyor of alternative medicine is a lone genius, raging and fighting against the machine.

The problem with this is, that once Galileo's theories were shown to be factual, they were accepted by mainstream science.

No matter how much proof and reasoning you state, people are STILL believing you can cure cancer in your own kitchen.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 5:00:06 AM PDT
spellman says:
@VK
Victor
Can you, buy the way, remove your own colon? That would be a neat trick.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 5:28:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 6:14:42 AM PDT
Many times oncologists will recommend against radical surgery, chemotherapy and radiation for aged patients with cancer, when there is little chance of curing or significantly slowing down the tumor, and a good chance of serious complications from treatment. I hear these discussions frequently at our hospital's tumor conference, contrary to the myth that physicians push such treatment on patients (typically it's the patient and/or their family that want "everything" done, even when "everything" is detrimental to the patient).

There are supplements that Grandpa could take that while extremely unlikely to slow down the cancer, probably won't make him sicker or cost a lot of money. Consultation with his physician(s) to make sure any supplements don't interfere with drugs he's taking is a good idea.

As for chaparral, it's got a double whammy going for it - not only is it ineffective against cancer, it's potentially highly toxic:

"Chaparral is considered a dangerous herb that can cause irreversible, life-threatening liver damage and kidney damage. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cautioned against the internal use of chaparral. Research has not found it to be an effective treatment for cancer or any other disease."

"A clinical study of nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA), one of the chemicals in chaparral, concluded that it was not useful in treating people with cancer, although research continues."

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/HerbsVitaminsandMinerals/chaparral

People taking chaparral have suffered such severe liver damage as to require a liver transplant. The FDA issued a health warning about chaparral in 1992, after which many companies took it off the market (some are apparently still selling it despite the dangers).

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 7:40:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 7:55:34 AM PDT
Texalina says:
Thank you for saying that for me, JonFox. Happy that she is cancer-free but she is the EXCEPTION, not the rule. Whoops. I just read where the original poster has died? Really? I believe in the power of good strong nutrition, good strong spiritual health AND good strong medicine. They all work together . . .not either or. I am living proof.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:47:18 PM PDT
Pleased to hear it, Texalina! I don't need pages and pages of statistic to verify what you say. I know it works for me, so why shouldn't it work for you too! I am completely happy to be anecdotal!

Tell us more about how you go about it!

Cheers,

JohnS

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:51:25 AM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Cure Yourself?

This site is not just about MS,
And you can see this M.D.
go from wheelchair to bicycle
in 1 yr.

http://www.terrywahls.com/

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:21:06 AM PDT
From her website:

"These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

I thought the intention was to treat/cure MS?

But we all know the literal translation of this. These claims have not been tested, verified or proven in any convincing way.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:38:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 7:41:51 AM PDT
"These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

That's known as the Quack Miranda Warning.

"This "Quack Miranda Warning" is on every just about every woo-meister's website. I see dozens of patients every day, and I never Mirandize them, so whats the deal?"
"There are three ways to look at this: the truthful way, the sinister way, and the bat-(poop) insane way."
"Truth: Anyone who wants to sell you something that's a load of crap must use this statement to cover themselves legally."
"Sinister: Variation of above--someone wants to sell you something that you are supposed to believe is medically useful, but at the same time they tell you in fine print that it is not medically useful. When it doesn't work, they don't get sued. I wonder why anyone would buy something with that disclaimer attatched to it? When I treat someone for a medical problem, I pretty much say that I intend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent a disease. Why would I say otherwise? It would be a lie. Also, who would go to see a doctor that told you that they didn't intend to diagnose or treat disease. The whole thing is bizarre.
Bat-(poop) insane: The FDA and Big Pharma are in cahoots with the AMA to keep you from learning all the simple ways to treat diseases. They want your money, and they'll do anything they can to get it from you, including suppressing the knowledge than anyone can learn to heal cancer."
"I can't really help the people who believe #3, but people who are willing to suspend their paranoia should read #'s 1 and 2 a few times. Unless you're being arrested, no one should be reading you your rights. The Quack Miranda Statement is the red flag that should send you running."

http://scientopia.org/blogs/whitecoatunderground/quack-miranda-warning

Too bad we don't have more posters willing to suspend their paranoia and figure out just why woo sites post the Quack Miranda Warning.

On edit, I see that KC is firmly in the #3 camp.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:40:26 AM PDT
KING CONAN says:
You have been around
long enough, to know if you
make any type of claim with
CURE or probably even Reverse
Symptoms, The FDA will have
the swat team show up and
shut you down.
(some sites have been shut
down because of people listing
their own testimonies)

If you think it is a level playing
field, Your not on the level.

She teaches Medicine at the
University of Iowa.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:50:25 AM PDT
As for MS and diet, there are a whole bunch of different diets out there, and none have been shown to be a miracle cure.

From the National Medical Sclerosis Society:

"MS is a complicated condition. Most of the time the variables present in
MS make it difficult to say whether or not there's one MS friendly diet for
everyone. Also, there's not a clear consensus among the medical and
scientific community about a useful diet to help treat MS.
The best that most research can currently offer is that some diet
adjustments may be helpful for people with MS, but there's no miracle
diet plan for MS, no perfect diet plan for MS, and the same diets will likely
work a bit differently for everyone."

And being on a university faculty is no guarantee that a person's research and beliefs qualify as good science. There are outliers in every field making unsupportable claims. Gravitating to such people and ignoring the great weight of evidence that doesn't support their claims is a staple of woo-supporters.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:56:08 AM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Your research on Rockefeller
pushing The AMA into The
Robber Barons of the 20th-21st
Century is lacking.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:12:47 AM PDT
The FDA jumping on unproven treatments and cures!!?

I hope so, that is what they get paid to do.

I realize she teaches at Iowa (I did read the website). It also says that she is involved in a clinical trial testing her protocol. If it works, why not just wait?

Oh thats right! Because this person is selling goods and services revolving around this unproven treatment!

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:06:57 AM PDT
There's a new study out published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, summarizing evidence about "dietary supplements" used in an attempt to prevent cancer.

Conclusions are not favorable to the multibillion dollar supplement industry. Take for instance claims that we should take antioxidants as a cancer preventative:

"...human experimental studies have uncovered the following: ‚-carotene does not prevent non-melanoma skin cancer recurrence (15); ‚-carotene and Š-tocopherol with vitamin C do not protect against adenoma recurrence (16); ‚-carotene and vitamin A do not protect against lung cancer incidence (17); Š-tocopherol and ‚-carotene do not prevent lung cancer (18); ‚-carotene does not prevent lung cancer (19); vitamins C and E do not protect against total cancer incidence (20); and Š-tocopherol, vitamin C, and ‚-carotene do not protect against total cancer or cancer mortality (21). Based on a review of trial data, a Cochrane report (22) concluded that there was no convincing evidence that ‚-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin C, or vitamin E supplements, given singly or in combination, prevent gastrointestinal cancers."

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/04/24/jnci.djs195.full
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/05/supplements_not_mystical_anticancer_magic.php

Worse, there is emerging evidence that some supplements may actually _increase_ our chances of getting certain cancers. This is not information you're likely to see on supplement company websites. Maybe it should be added to the Quack Miranda Warning.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  594
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 69 customers

Search Customer Discussions