Customer Discussions > Health forum

Depression

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-60 of 60 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 7:02:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2010 7:02:39 PM PST
directions says:
Yes intuition and self awareness is an essential part of recovery. I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 7:04:33 PM PST
directions says:
"W.H. says:
That's all I have to say to you--I am not going to touch the rest of your post."
Sometimes commentary is not needed. Some posts in themselves speak volumes (word to the wise..)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 7:06:15 PM PST
directions says:
Yes I did read on the studies. Did he have any specific success in treating depression? And if so what were some of the statistics as regards that treatment modality and response rate as contrasted to conventional anti-depressents?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 9:42:52 PM PST
I assume your replying to my post about orthomolecular. I don't think Hoffer did studies specifially on depression. For early schizophrenia, success was about 75% compared to 35% for conventional treatments. This was around the 1950's and 60s and has continued like that by him and others since then; even improved more.

Offhand, I only know of a lot of anecdotal and clinical evidence about nutrients for depression. When a treatment is as safe adn inexpensive as B3 and C and others, it's worth a try. I've had some clinical success using these and other nutrients along with guided imagery, etc. I've gotten people off SSRIs by slowly replacing them with other nutrients that raise serotonin - tryptophan and 5-HTP - along with omega-3, B3 and C.
Depression is very complex, so obviously each person must be dealt with as an individual.

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 6:58:59 AM PST
Margaret says:
Depression can be realted to serotonin metabolism, or hormonal decline in sex hormones or HGH. Check out a new book that I just read " The Perfect 10 Diet,". It also disusses increasing omega-3 fatty acids in the diet and elimination of refined vegetable oils.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 3:12:44 PM PDT
Just curious, DC, which liquid amino acid from twinlab is the one you recommend? Thanks :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 6:38:04 PM PDT
3 months is a long time to try just mindful meditation if in the throws of clinic depression. I have used mindfulness, traditional therapy and mends. If someone is severely depressed he or she needs medical evaluation.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 6:40:05 PM PDT
Yes. It is helpful for a specific goal.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 6:51:48 PM PDT
Great post!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 7:41:11 PM PDT
Hi Julie, I believe it may be the only liquid amino from Twinlab. It comes in 16 and 32 oz. grey bottles. About $15 for a 32oz. bottle. It's still my favorite and seems to help with my bloodsugar issues as well. Feel more even all day when I take it in the morning.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions