Customer Discussions > Health forum

Should marijuana be federally legalized?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1301-1325 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 10:38:20 AM PDT
coloradonana says:
OldAmazonian, you now know two cases. My desease will never go away and there is no doubt about helping the pain I have. I quit with no addiction only because it took away normal motivation. It is also very expensive from the MM clinics in my state. Other postings have encouraged me to try again perhaps with a mix of the two types. RX meds for the chronic nerve and muscle pain I have ARE totally addictive and I refuse to use them. There hopefully is a "mix" of the two kind that will help the pain. Thanks for posting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 6:51:26 AM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Coloradonana, a friend once used medical marijuana for nearly a year to control severe nausea that had not been as well controlled by any of the standard drugs she had been prescribed. When the disease that had caused the nausea went into remission, she stopped using the marijuana because she disliked the confused euphoria it induced. Her experience certainly changed my opinion about those who use marijuana therapeutically. I had previously thought its advocates merely sought a rationale for recreational use, and I learned that in at least one case it definitely wasn't so.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 6:32:03 AM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Shaun, it's surprising how few know the word Canvas comes from Cannabis, the hemp (Cannabis Sativa) from which the canvas sails of old were made. The sails of the USS Constitution were made from hemp fiber.
http://www.history.navy.mil/ussconstitution/
http://www.farmcollector.com/Steam-Engines/Strategic-Fibers.aspx

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 5:37:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 2, 2011 6:28:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 5:19:36 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 5:04:02 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 7:35:01 PM PDT
IMHO we got a political problem here.
The Libertarian wing of the Repo party would be glad to see weed legal.
Likewise the Demo party, with the Obama admin instructing the Atty General to deprioritize prosecutions for weed.
Further, it's a bit lurid, so neither wants to be the first to admit they think prohibition is stupid.
Further, neither party can get legalization passed without the assent of the other.
However, Repos prefer not to agree with Demos. Both sides want weed legal, but each demands a quid-pro-quo in exchange for a vote to end prohibition.
So... what do Repos want from Demos that Demos would be willing to give up in exchange for legalization of weed?
Symmetrically, what do Demos want from Repos that Repos would be willing to give up in exchange for legalization of weed?
There may be somethings. I regret I haven't thought of what those might be.
However, if they could just both agree to legalization, which would satisfy both of them, this might be a true demonstration of bipartisanship, which could lead to further bipartisan agreements desparately needed.

Our best guide is the politics of the 21st Amendment to the US Constitution. http://bit.ly/lRdjYD

Why and how did the people of the USA agree to legalize alcohol?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 7:13:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 2, 2011 6:28:49 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 3:43:52 PM PDT
Tom Hannigan says:
Having read quite a few posts here, I do believe my mind has been changed. I have been mostly against legalization, but many strong points have me thinking twice.

Now, if legalization would rid us of these otherwise talentless FM DJs in their 40s acting like teenagers as they make sophomoric references to marijuana between songs and commercials, I'm all for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 2:16:31 PM PDT
Definitely! When Portugal legalized all drugs, crime went down and the whole situation improved. I believe marijuana has spiritual power that the world could use more of right now. I am the author of books on the subject. Visit me in Kindle, Melvyn Stiriss

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 1:42:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 2, 2011 6:28:49 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 3:40:40 PM PDT
coloradonana says:
I live in a medical mari state and got my license because of medical conditions. I tried it but no longer use it for pain. Although NOT addictive, in my case, I found it took away any motivation. I find this troubling for our youth, those dealing with depression or chronic fatigue, which is only made worse by this product. Anyone have similiar experience? I think for cancer and terminally ill folks it is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 1:37:37 PM PDT
Federal controls should be removed. Let the sovereign States determine whether their residents should be allowed to indulge in the Whacky Weed.
Let it be TAXED.
We could save billions on enforcement costs, and if a State wants to enforce a prohibition, let THEM pay for it....
Me, I'll never use it, but would support employers making it a condition of employment that it not be used.

So not an absolute "right" to use it, but allowing employers to discriminate against users if they so chose. Many employers won't care if their workers toke up over lunch....and I wouldn't want MY employees coming in stoned (or drunk) for that matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 1:13:56 PM PDT
The main reason why Marijuana was made illegal was becasue of mexican immigration. The Great depression hit and the immigrants were willing to work for less pay(Sound familiar, Arizonians?). Since they were the main ones at the time smoking it, it was made illegal and all who were caught smoking it were jailed and or deported. It is political. As always. The gateway drug theory is crap.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 8:13:19 AM PDT
One more very relevant point to some of the other well-reasoned posts in this forum - the federal government - check it out for yourself:

http://the420times.com/2011/05/as-the-dea-raids-dispensaries-it-hands-out-cannabis-growing-licenses-to-big-pharma/

Excerpt:
As the federal government pressures the National Cancer Institute to change their too-approving language about cannabis on their website; as the DEA executes raids in state after state with legal medical marijuana; as federal prosecutors attempt to intimidate officials in Rhode Island, Maine, Arizona, Colorado, and Washington - the DEA admits that 55 pharmaceutical companies now hold licenses in the United States to grow cannabis.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 2:58:36 AM PDT
Alpha says:
I worked in the 2-3. E96 St. to E115 St. I didn't make it to retirement though. I got out on a disability 7 years into my career. That was back in 95 when I got out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2011 10:55:47 PM PDT
It should be up to the states,yes.

Posted on Jul 1, 2011 1:35:15 PM PDT
I think it is time for it to be legal. However, I think it is going to take more time for it to actually happen.
Look at the money which is spent jailing many non violent pot smokers and dealers. The companies building these prisons and jails have a powerful lobby-

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2011 8:22:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 2, 2011 6:28:48 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 1, 2011 4:41:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2011 4:44:31 AM PDT
R. Phillips says:
Those trying to entice the government to legalize and tax marijuana for revenue have been on the pipe a little too long. No wonder the legalization movement has been so ineffective.

First, marijuana is east to grow and if were legal, who would buy it and pay the tax? If it's safe and legal, you have to let people grow it. Otherwise, the illusion of a free country kind of goes down the tubes. Home grown marijuana would be QUITE plentiful and impossible to tax / regulate.

The government is involved in the illegal drug trade and their cronies launder the money and pay taxes and fines to the government (nowhere close to what they illegally earned and nobody goes to jail... lol). The government make much more on illegal drugs than they ever could on legal drugs. They like the drugs illegal and the prices high. They like the "war on drugs" that gives them an excuse to take more rights, privacy and militarize police forces to better control us as they rob us blind and our society crumbles. The timing of the "war on drugs" and "war on terror" is no accident.

Money is made on the law enforcement side and much money is seized. Many prisons are privately owned now and that's why they're so full. Prisoners are being used as slave labor.

I agree it should be legalized, but the arguments of the legalization folks just aren't cutting it. They're going to have to learn more of the truth, expose it and try to get the people behind them in a fight against this criminal government and their cronies.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/banks-financing-mexico-s-drug-cartels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oszATUJ4IRE

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2011 12:44:39 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 1, 2011 12:22:55 AM PDT

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 11:29:37 PM PDT
c says:
Legalize. Tax the sh!% out of it. I would guess that roughly 100000 people would be giving their cash goes to the local, state, national funds to be spent on salary bumps for politicians. They would definitely like that. Not to mention the reduction on medical insurance rates slowly as people no longer need to take so many pills for their hypochondria.

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 11:29:16 PM PDT
c says:
Legalize. Tax the sh!% out of it. I would guess that roughly 100000 people would be giving their cash goes to the local, state, national funds to be spent on salary bumps for politicians. They would definitely like that. Not to mention the reduction on medical insurance rates slowly as people no longer need to take so many pills for hypochondria.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 10:43:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 30, 2011 11:00:13 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Vitamins vs Whole Foods 477 4 minutes ago
MONSANTO 6870 8 hours ago
Beware of Energy Drinks! 50 13 hours ago
Help! I'm exhausted and have no energy to do much. 1380 1 day ago
Infant circumcision 3951 1 day ago
What would happen if we stopped giving vaccines? 7025 1 day ago
Rife Machine Usuage 3570 2 days ago
What is best for Neuropathy feet pain. 5 2 days ago
Plantar Fasciitis 499 3 days ago
foot drop or drop foot 20 4 days ago
vibrational healing 0 6 days ago
PENETREX 0 6 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  435
Total posts:  1623
Initial post:  May 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions