Customer Discussions > Health forum

Green Coffee Bean Extract

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 9:10:32 AM PDT
Preston Ham says:
I have been looking at trying Green Coffee Bean Extract With Svetol - 800mg Per Serving, 60 Vegetarian Capsules, No Fillers, 50% Chlorogenic Acids, 1 Month Supply (Contains Svetol). I wanted to get feedback from others to see if it is helping you.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:59:27 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:28:15 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:53:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 12:01:15 AM PST
ParrotSlave says:
There are so many things that are happening in each of our lives, that it would be unusual to be able to say, upon commencing a regimen that involves taking something like this every day, whether or not it had any effect at all. If someone claims that it had an effect, with something as subtle as this, was the supposed "effect" actually due to the substance?

I've been taking metoprolol for years (yes, I'm aware of the recent research panning the utility of beta blockers), but I have yet to be able to say that it does one single thing. I do not notice the slightest physiological change when I take it. That doesn't mean that it's not having an effect: I'm sure that it does, but I don't notice it. If I don't notice an effect from a demonstrated pharmaceutical like that, how would I know whether or not something that is much more subtle was having an effect?

If you wonder whether or not you ought to take something, and you know that your physician isn't going to approve of it regardless, check out PubMed, or at least Google Scholar, and see what laboratory research has been done on it. You want real numbers, facts, not people's "beliefs." If you listen to testimonials, you'll end up filling yourself with nonsense, since the vast majority of testimonials in the "alternative" venue are just that: nonsense.

By the way, ConsumerLab.com, a subscription service that provides chemical analyses of "health" supplements, just issued a review of green coffee supplements in their newsletter that came out yesterday. "Out of the eight widely available supplements which ConsumerLab.com selected for testing, four did not contain expected amounts of extract. In fact, one contaned no detectable green coffee bean extract. Another had only 6%, and two others contained only 29% and 82% of expected amounts, based on chemical analyses of their amounts of chlorogenic acids -- believed to be key to the extract's effectiveness." They would probably get upset if I were to publicize their actual test results regarding which supplements to avoid, since I pay for their subscription, but I do note that there is quite a price difference between chemically equivalent versions of the product from different companies. One thing that disturbs me about the product that you link to is that I don't see the name of the company that makes it anywhere: that's not a good sign, which is not to say that there's anything wrong with it, if it contains what it claims.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:09:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:11:43 PM PST
neeporter says:
used it for 2 weeks, no results at all...gained 1 pound??
got my credit card bill & found I had been billed for another delivery I didn't order.
i would NOT recommend this product.
I DID NOT order this from Amazon. [wish i had]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 6:23:04 PM PST
dogmommy9 says:
There is a One Day Only great Special going on tomorrow Only the 19 Nov. So please read now. I have been using NatureWise GCBE with Svetol that is only for sale on Amazon for almost 1 month now. Previously I was using their original product without GCA or Svetol. I lost 12 pounds in almost 2 months and then plateaued a little. I ordered their new product with Svetol and GCA (they are the only one that has both). In a little less than a month I am down another 4 pounds. But the main thing is the inches around my waist. And my doctor has recommended that I keep using it as it helps lower blood glucose levels and also breaks down fat in the liver. The main thing I want to let you know is that I got an email from them this morning that they are having a one day sale tomorrow only 19Nov. The regular price is $28.95 but for tomorrow only it will be only $9.95 ! I will be dialing Amazon at midnight. Amazons ASIN #B009AH4OR4 Hope it works for you as it does for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:13:12 PM PST
dogmommy9 says:
Your post, in reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 6:23:04 PM PST
dogmommy9 says:
There is a One Day Only great Special going on tomorrow Only the 19 Nov. So please read now. I have been using NatureWise GCBE with Svetol that is only for sale on Amazon for almost 1 month now. Previously I was using their original product without GCA or Svetol. I lost 12 pounds in almost 2 months and then plateaued a little. I ordered their new product with Svetol and GCA (they are the only one that has both). In a little less than a month I am down another 4 pounds. But the main thing is the inches around my waist. And my doctor has recommended that I keep using it as it helps lower blood glucose levels and also breaks down fat in the liver. The main thing I want to let you know is that I got an email from them this morning that they are having a one day sale tomorrow only 19Nov. The regular price is $28.95 but for tomorrow only it will be only $9.95 ! I will be dialing Amazon at midnight. Amazons ASIN #B009AH4OR4 Hope it works for you as it does for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions