Customer Discussions > Health forum

Breast cancer advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2011 5:12:58 PM PDT
Cali Girl says:
Anyone w/dcis nuclear grade 1 breast cancer advice? Or any breast cancer advice along w/lumpectomy/mastectomy,implants/tissue reconstruction,er/pr pills knowledge. I know the basic risks w/any surgery so scary stories not needed unless they're absolutely important to know before surgery/treatment. Thanx.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 11:46:07 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
http://www.amedeo.com/medicine/bc.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2011 4:50:13 AM PDT
Intrepid says:
Three well regarded resources in increasing order of detail. Please work with your surgical oncologist as soon as possible for personalize care:

Breast cancer info from the National Library of Medicine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001911/

Mayo's site on Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dcis/DS00983

Breast Cancer in a fair amount of depth - requires cookies enabled
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1947145-overview

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2011 4:51:52 AM PDT
Intrepid says:
Nice resource site, OldAmazonian. You may like the other ones as well for textbook type articles at different levels of depth.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 6:40:10 PM PDT
Cali Girl says:
Thank you everyone,very helpful.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 8:11:20 PM PDT
Lorna says:
Check out www.drday.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 4:00:29 AM PDT
Please do NOT check out drday!

Unless you want unsound medical advice.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 10:45:54 AM PDT
Primrose says:
Saw this from Dr. Cannell about breast cancer prevention and vitamin D:

"Vitamin D and cancer campaign launched today"

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f545cba30e1f9697fddbe8acb&id=cdba8398aa&e=d37488c337

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 3:23:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2011 3:26:30 AM PDT
FAITHHEALING says:
Get some Essiac tea. Take tumeric. Get some iodine and do the cancer therapy protocol...take it internally and paint it on the tumor and all of this will make it disappear without chemo or surgery!!!

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:35:15 PM PDT
Cali Girl says:
Thanx again everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 12:32:46 AM PDT
A. Walker says:
I am not saying you are wrong to tell people something like this. But
she does need to see her doctor and get his or her advice about
something this radical. This is her life you are talking about. I know,
because I was in her situation last year and would have done almost
anything to stop the craziness. I did opt for just a lumpectomy and
radiation treatment with NO CHEMO, but that was my personal
decision.

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 12:46:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2011 1:15:42 AM PDT
A. Walker says:
My first post was refering to FAITHHEALING and her post about
Essiac tea, tumeric and iodine being used for cancer therapy
protocol. She may believe, but not everyone does. Please! Don't
follow her advice just because you are scared. Instead, investigate,
talk to your doctor about it if you are interested and get his or her
advice. Your doctor knows what works and what doesn't work. Mainly
follow your GUT INSTINCT when it comes to your decisions that you
have to make. You know what you can live with and what you
can't live with.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 7:43:35 PM PDT
FAITHHEALING says:
Radical, ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Those of you who believe in western medicine keep on believing, but then tell me why me and my friends are CANCER survivors without all of the chemo and other stuff that they recommend. Tell me why peoplt the are dying all around me listening to doctors who tell them that nutritoin does not play a factor, that environment has nothing to do with it. Well in a nut shell cancer is a result of environmental toxins and it can be cured with good nutrition and herbs, herbs like essiac, flax seed and cottage cheese, organic of course, organic apple cider vinegar, unsulphured black strap molasses, etc. because they things will feed the body and get rid of the cancer...A FUNGUS! Check out the italian doctor who is treating fungus/cancer with baking soda. I take baking soda, epson salts, and hydrogen peroxide baths every other day...these baths as well as infrared saunas help to detoxify the body...and get rid of toxins that cause cancer! I would have been dead a long time ago had I kept taking the pills and listening to what the "DOCTORS" had to say!!!

Faith!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2011 11:06:51 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
There is also anecdotal evidence that consuming raw Froot Loops caught on-the-run in one's mouth while waddling down a boat ramp leading to a body of salt water on a sunny day can cure cancers of several kinds.

Keep the faith.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2011 12:03:28 AM PDT
FAITHHEALING says:
Yes, I hear BIG PHARMA calling out your name...who are you again???

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 12:04:11 AM PDT
FAITHHEALING says:
p.s. don't forget the budwig protocol...flax and cottage cheese...who knew????

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2011 6:05:44 AM PDT
I cannot believe that people are still parroting the falsehood that cancer is a fungus!

Another person espouses the Budwig diet and baking soda! Okay, so lets add these to the other "cures" we have learned about on these forums.

Gerson Method
Hoxsey Treatment
Hydrazine Sulfate
"Hyperoxygenation" Therapies
Laetrile
Metabolic Therapy
Revici Cancer Control
Vitamin C
Triple-distilled water
Antineoplastons
Clark's "Cure for All Cancers"

Did I miss any?

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 8:17:08 AM PDT
Watcher 1 says:
One of the most valuable things I heard was from my wonderful surgeon, Loren Rourke, who told me that no two cancers are alike and the first thing to do was discard any stories of others' cancers -- your experience will not be theirs. This is up to you and I actually reached a point where I would have to hold my hand up like a traffic cop and say, "Stop." to people who tried to tell me about their sister in law's cancer and how fat she got on the drugs they gave her (yup, more than one woman actually said this to me! p.s. I lost a bit of weight during the treatments and am back to my normal weight now: case in point.) So: find a doctor you trust COMPLETELY, then do as they suggest. Pray if you're one who prays - it helps whether you believe it or not in my experience. And tell people who want to share their stories with you and especially their CURES with you that you have made up your mind about how to handle your situation and appreciate their good intentions but are not currently accepting advice or stories as you find them tiring and confusing and you just plain don't want to hear them. Best of luck to you on your journey. I was told many times that my cancer would hopefully be just "a bump in the road" and that my life would go on as before within about a year. I'm sorry that people told me that. Nothing in life leaves us as we were before, cancer included. Life changes us and some of how it does that is up to us. I hope you give yourself tons of love every day for all you are doing that is new and challenging and difficult. Good for you!

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 8:23:11 AM PDT
Watcher 1 says:
Biting Back: A No-Nonsense, No-Garlic Guide to Facing the Personal Vampires in Your Life
The Grief Club: The Secret to Getting Through All Kinds of Change

these are two books I recommend: biting back because a. it's a good one for learning how to get people off your back/neck
and b. because I wrote it

and The Grief Club, because Melody Beattie wrote it and because I am just beginning to deal with the grief associated with my own cancer and how it has grieved and damaged my loved ones.

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:51:52 PM PDT
Perhaps you will find some helpful information on my blog http://www.baldisbetterwithearrings.com I offer tips and hints for women undergoing treatment for breast cancer from one who has been there. I'm a two-year survivor and all my information has been approved by two board-certified medical oncologists.

Good luck.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:15:30 PM PST
Sensation in the Night: Waking Up to Breast Cancer What You Still Don't Know
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions