Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > High Definition forum

50-55" LED TV for gaming - no plasma since it's going in sunlit room

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 7:39:32 AM PST
S. Baker says:
I tried to make the topic say it all. Plasma is really not an option since it will be going in a family room with tons of windows and even with shades it's simply too bright for plasma.
One primary use will be the kids watching movies/blu-ray and streaming Netflix & Amazon prime content. But the main use I see is the PS3/XBOX360 and Nintendo games giving it a true workout. With four kids at home and two adults that love to play games, it will get used constantly.
The main issue we've had in the past is input lag to the point some games are simply not enjoyable. We have cable broadband + the 10mb/s upgrade and all systems are wired into the router.
Soooo after missing the Panasonic ET5 55in $899 deal, I am back to searching through reviews and avsforum and going crazy tryinig to find a decent TV for gaming and movies at this size range. I am trying to keep the price reasonable... at or under 1500. Room is 16X20 and sitting distance is between 4ft to 10ft depending on age. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 9:57:22 AM PST
T. Raux says:
Just recently purchased a Vizio 50" that has a game mode which reduces the input lag. While I know Vizio is not top of the line it is more than adequate for gaming and streaming and at $600 it is a price that can't be beat.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:10:29 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 8, 2012 11:17:58 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:19:02 AM PST
Take a look at this TV: Samsung UN55EH6000 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black) (2012 Model)

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:30:53 AM PST
You could always check here..

If you want to see what everyone else is buying at amazon, and whats the best prices and movers and shakers.. hit the following amazon link:

http://goo.gl/z4uE1

It updates hourly, so you always get the latest info as far as an hdtv set goes.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:13:51 PM PST
Xbox BoxX says:
plasma in sunlit room? Shouldnt be an issue if you find one with the tech to get rid of the reflection.

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 3:20:03 PM PDT
Xbox BoxX says:
aagree
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the High Definition forum (330 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  High Definition forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions