Customer Discussions > High Definition forum

HDTVs from 40¨ under 600$?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2010 2:44:30 PM PDT
carlos says:
could someone recomend an HDTV with 40¨or more and under 600$?

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 9:24:19 PM PDT
A/V guru says:
I could if there was one to recommend. When the Pan and LG 42" plasma's are $650, and they are exceptionally good for their price...and all the "good" lcd's are closer to $750 (for a still basic model)....kinda hard to recommend anything.

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 10:07:23 PM PDT
E. Gipson says:
I got my sister a sharp 42 inch at wal mart in november for 499. It was some kind of special sale they had (not Black Friday, more like Nov. 5). It is a great TV for that price and she is very happy with it. I would think you could find a similar deal in an actual store (last years model, closeouts, etc.). I shop at a store called Electronic Express in Tennessee. They have some crazy good deals in-store, particularly on holidays, so check at the local brick and mortar store.

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 1:46:51 AM PDT
Rick Kilgore says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010 1:58:52 AM PDT
A/V guru says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 8:56:57 AM PDT
T. Seymour says:
LG offers the best "bang for the buck" feature,price,quality wisw when it comes to LCD tv's 40' and up.Sammy's are nice, but still a little overpriced.Sony's new lineup of 2010-11 LCD-LED's are rather attractively priced for a change(they were VERY much overpriced until recently) and offer very similar quality to the Samsung models.If price IS a large concern, LG may be the best overall choice however.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2010 9:28:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2010 9:37:39 AM PDT
A/V guru says:
if "cost and quality" are the two biggest concerns...Mitsubishi LCD. There is a reason they cost what they do. Also, if people would spend 2 seconds with their purchase decision and realize that they "might" purchase a soundbar, add the soundbar to the price of what they are looking at...and the Mits LCD makes even more sense.

If you want good sound, from the TV itself, Mitsubishi is the ONLY choice there is. Take the LT 40153 (availiable at ONECALL for $1350). Take out say $300 for the soundbar. That puts the TV at just over $1000. There IS NO comparison to any other LCD on the market cause Mits added the sound bar already. When you hear these, they keep up with the Similar size Yamaha YSP's. (The 249 series is incredible, but only avail 46 and 52). Mits 153/151 series LCD's have no comparison.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2010 9:32:03 AM PDT
crutchfield.com

Happy shopping....

Posted on Apr 11, 2010 7:37:38 AM PDT
Gary says:
You won't currently get a good 40 incher at that price, but a lot of 32 inchers, and a few 37's, can be had. Amazon and Walmart are the best prices I've seen anywhere. You will pay more for a 1080p than a 720p, even though the difference in picture quality, at those sizes, is really negligible. Personally, I like Sony, but they're almost always the most expensive. You really can't go wrong with most brand name sets. Samsung, Panasonic, Sharp, Toshiba, LG, etc. are all great tv's.. Vizio makes a decent tv also, as does JVC. Magnavox and Phillips are mediocre. Mainly, I would just stay away from Sanyo, RCA, Memorex, any off brand, and probably the most horrendous of the bunch... Polaroid. That one is so bad it should be quarantined.

Posted on Apr 11, 2010 10:51:26 AM PDT
C. Anderson says:
I just bought a best buy brand tv called dynex. its 40" LCD 1080p 60 hz refresh. it looks amazing and you wont find a better priced tv anywhere else.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2010 9:39:53 AM PDT
Gary says:
Dynex might be a great tv. It's just that with the brand names, you generally have a more extensive record of their reliability through reviews of their products and models. Any HD television should have an amazing picture. The real test is whether it's still working great 3-5 years after purchase. Reviews of RCA's, Funai, Memorex, Sanyo, and particularly Polaroid, have shown very high failure rate in the first year. That's no deal at any price.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2010 8:07:13 PM PDT
donnie bonn says:
i just got a zenith 42 inch from sears last week. looks awesome. it was on sale for 499.00 and they had a weekend special additional 10 percent off....449.00 plus tax. best price i could find for any 42 inch, name brand or generic.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2010 11:54:24 PM PDT
A/V guru says:
not bad...Zenith is re-branded LG

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 9:41:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2014 10:55:23 PM PDT
Xbox BoxX says:
If you want to see what everyone else is buying at amazon, and whats the best prices and movers and shakers.. hit the following amazon link:

http://goo.gl/dKCP48

It updates hourly, so you always get the latest info as far as an hdtv set goes.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 5:46:16 AM PDT
Xbox BoxX says:
Plus you could got 55" for that price these days.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 7:56:12 AM PDT
I purchased a 40" Westinghouse VR-4090 tv with 1080p@60Hz resolution for $299 about a month ago online. It's usually in the $300-$325 price range, which still isn't a bad price for a tv of that size and specs.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:48:06 AM PST
Xbox BoxX says:
keeps updating... black friday coming..

If you want to see what everyone else is buying at amazon, and whats the best prices and movers and shakers.. hit the following amazon link:

http://goo.gl/z4uE1

It updates hourly, so you always get the latest info as far as an hdtv set goes.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:47:44 AM PST
thanks

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:39:03 AM PST
Dakota Ryan says:
Got a 42" for 350 it is 1080hd it LCD and is freakin crystal clear with blue ray and everything had it for a year so far no problems and I got it from Walmart online just do some research you can save a lot of money by not getting all excited to run out and get a TV

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 6:48:10 PM PST
some great deals out there right now before xmaz

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:08:33 AM PST
Shadow54 says:
Why is it so difficult to find a tv larger than 32 inches with a built in DVD player?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:44:42 AM PST
Thomas says:
I absolutely agree "Samsung is never the best there is".

I had SUCH trouble with a Samsung (reg/green faces and greys squashed to black) that absolutely NO one could fix. No set of professional settings. Further, their panel lottery is among the worst. If you see someone raving about the Samsung, chances are they got a Samsung manufactured panel and not some no-name china brand. Makes an enormous difference, and I absolutely will not risk Samsungs again. If you don't believe me, google "Samsung red face" or "Samsung too dark". And no, this doesn't happen to all uncalibrated displays.

Further, if you ever do want to spend more money, they're using Active 3D which is a now quickly losing favor to Passive. Passive, in particular LG's variant, has come a *very* long way, and manages to maintain frames per second, which is critically important.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 12:23:38 PM PST
B. Craft says:
i bought my 40" samsung lcd for 5 something at walmart. it has good picture with 1080p and all that good stuff

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 12:06:54 AM PST
Xbox BoxX says:
you can get 50-55 under $600 now easy

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:28:50 AM PST
post supebowl deals, look for refurbs from people returning sets
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  High Definition forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions