Customer Discussions > Hip Hop forum

Recent Purchases....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 2680 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2007 5:53:02 PM PDT
Tim says:
I treated myself and picked up some music the last few days....

Hezekiah 'I Predict A Riot'
M.F. Grimm 'The Hunt For The Gingerbread Man'
Kwite Def 'ArtzAndCraftz'
Median 'Median's Relief'
High Priest 'Born Identity'

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 6:49:35 PM PDT
Norfeest says:
A friend gave me the new MF Grimm, but that's about it. I have the Median promo, but I'm not really feelin' it like I thought I would. He's one of my favorite JL members, so I'm gonna keep spinnin' it and hope something changes...

Peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 7:40:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2007 7:40:45 PM PDT
L. Tam says:
How are the new Hezekiah and Grimm albums?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 8:36:40 PM PDT
I just copped Cilvaringz and La Coka Nostra/Ill Bill. Both are off the hinges!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 9:03:08 PM PDT
M. Smith says:
Recent Purchases :

median's Relief - 2007 Classic (My Second Favorite Album This Year Behind Jesus Price Supastar)

Hezekiah I Predict A Riot - is Dope

Planet Asia Jewerly Box Sessions - is Crazyyyyy

and Blu And Exile - Im Still Waiting on Amazon to Deliever My Damn Cd..its On Freaking Backorder. But i Hear It has The Classic Sound That I Like.

Real Hip Hop Foreva!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 9:13:18 PM PDT
For me:

Chamillionaire- Ultimate Victory

Cilvaringz- I

Blackalicious- Blazing Arrow and The Craft (still waiting for it in the mail!!!)

J5- Quality Control

Killah Priest- Offering

Kayne West- Graduation

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 9:21:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2007 9:23:21 PM PDT
L. Tam says:
I'ma check Hezekiah's new album tomorrow then, and that Blu & Exile is crazy. I don't know why I brought Graduation though...I have probably listned to it two times, and it've been back in the case ever since. The artwork is pretty good though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 9:22:51 PM PDT
Revue says:
Mad Son: Peace Amongst the Madness
Somobe: The Great Communication
Black Ice: The Death of Willie Lynch
The Fugees: The Score (I wore out my other copy so I had to replace it)
Krysis: Stand Wit Me

Waiting on:
Blue Scholars: Bayani

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 9:47:24 PM PDT
My latest purchases have been:

Cilvaringz - I
Killah Priest - The Offering
Celph Titled - The Gatalog
SonGodSuns (2Mex of the Visionaries) - Over The Counter Culture
The Best of Sean Price (mixed by DJ Food Stamp) which was free with my order of the above from ughh.com

I also ordered (from Amazon.com)

Monsta Island Czars - Escape From Monsta Island! (which I got on Monday)
Megalon - A Penny For Your Thoughts (still waiting for that one to arrive)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 11:12:23 PM PDT
PROUD BROTHA says:
50 CENT-CURTIS
KANYE WEST-GRADUATION
STRONG ARM STEADY-DEEP HEARTED
WC-GUILITY BY AFFILATION

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 6:15:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 11, 2009 1:42:35 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 6:41:43 AM PDT
"I recently bought Devin The Dude's new album, and frankly, I think it's borderline garbage. Dude has the laziest most uninspired flow I've ever heard. And the lyrics aren't even that great in my opinion."

A. Pounds...Devin is more of a mood thing. U don't play him for lyrical motivation, u play Devin when u are chilling or riding. I have to be in a certain mindframe to bump Devin, his cd's are relaxing and good. At least u gave it a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 7:28:50 AM PDT
Alan Pounds says:
"u play Devin when u are chilling or riding. I have to be in a certain mindframe to bump Devin, his cd's are relaxing and good."

Yeah, I'm not giving up on it yet. I have only listened to it straight through 1 time...so I gotta give it some more spins. I may have to listen to it down in my "green" room to get the full effect. I don't know though, he sounds almost too relaxed for my tastes. If people find Madlib to be half-baked then this dude is truly fully-baked.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 11:10:01 AM PDT
Alan Pounds says:
Also, I FINALLY picked up the new Talib Kweli. I wasn't expecting it to be THAT good considering his last few lackluster releases, but this one's hittin' on all 8 cylinders. I'm very impressed. This is my favorite release from him since "Reflection/Eternal". Moreover, this album is almost 80 minutes long, and I never found myself tiring of it, or reaching to skip a track. Highly recommended to all those who haven't got it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 11:48:33 AM PDT
I 4got i bought Talib. I like it also, I can't see how you did not like Quality and Beautiful Struggle they were both real good albums. But everyone should go support that "Eardrum" it is tight.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 12:21:53 PM PDT
Alan Pounds says:
"can't see how you did not like Quality and Beautiful Struggle they were both real good albums."

True. I actually own both albums. And I think they are both very good albums (I like Quality a bit more). Talib Kweli is one of my favorites, and the Black Star album, along with the "Reflection Eternal" album have always been my favorites. Like Outkast's newest album "Idlewild" was very good too IMO, but as good as "Aquemini"? I don't think so.

I just happen to feel "Eardrum" is a little tighter than his last few records...I'm not really sure how to articulate that more though...I haven't listened to it enough yet...maybe 2 times so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 12:53:17 PM PDT
Tim says:
NOrfeest....

I hear ya, of all the Justus League cats I've always felt Median had a style that seperated himself from the rest of the crew. His music is positive and uplifiting, and yet he doesn't come off boring. Typically 'positive rappers' have a tendencey to put me too sleep, but not Median. Also, if you can find it look for that Justus League 'NC State Of Mind' 2CD mixtape that dropped a few years back. It has the entire JL on there: Median, Edgar Allen Floe, Cesar Comanche, Big Dho, L.E.G.A.C.Y., Little Brother etc.....there are some real gems on there. It should be an interesting end to 2007', I've heard Edgar Allen Floe has an album on the horizon, along with Joe Scudda & Chaundon, needless to say I'm curious to see how those 3 solo's sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 12:57:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2007 12:57:21 PM PDT
Tim says:
Krysis: Stand With Me....

What's up with that Khrysis joint?
Is that an instrumental mixtape?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 3:46:34 PM PDT
Norfeest says:
I know I'm going to be bombarded by you-know-who for what I'm about to say, but fu** it...

Joe Scudda is dookie. Straight up. When I see his name on a track, I don't even play it. He brags a lot and talks mad sh** for someone that is only decent. I don't really feel a good 50% of the Justus League. Some of their best rappers (Caesar Comanche, Edgar Allen Floe, Sean Boog, Legacy, Chaundon, etc...) are average at best. I do own albums from just about every member of JL (as well as a few mixtapes and early releases), so I'm not just ranting off of a few guest appearances. Of course, I'll be called a hater or something to that effect, but I don't really care. I like Away Team's last album, Nicolay and Khrysis have some tight beats on the regular (I like them both better than 9th), I have the first Dream Merchant lp (9th) as well as volume 2, and Little Brother has always been a personal favorite from that bunch, but Median is the guy I check for first out of all of them. His EP (Path To Relief) was actually a better release that Median's relief in my humble opinion. Lyrically, he's still good, but the beats have a been there, done that feel to them.

That's just my opinion. I'm feelin' Von Pea's last drop though...

Peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 5:21:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2007 7:45:08 PM PDT
Purple Haze says:
Elucid-Smash and Grab (Free download)
Talib-Eardrum
Society of Soul-Brainchild (Not quite hip hop but has Big Rube and some of the DF. That's why I mentioned it here)
Somobe-The Great Communication
Aesop Rock-None Shall Pass

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2007 12:03:20 AM PDT
Revue says:
Krysis : Stand Wit' Me is a full length album you can get on myspace. It's really good, if you like that laid back, chill, yet conscious sound. Just look up the name under the Music catagory. He's from Houston, tx.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2007 12:05:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2007 12:06:12 AM PDT
Revue says:
A. Pounds, No. In fact, I'm from St. Louis, mo, currently residing in Ogden, UT. I just love underground rap music, especially if I can find good artists from the midwest. Unknown Prophets are the sugar honey iced tea!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2007 12:16:55 AM PDT
parker lewis says:
Eardrum seems mediocre so far, but I know better than to count it out.

Black Metal is up and down (I've been looking forward to some new Q-Unique versus, Slaine is ill as ever, and Jeru lives up. Killah Preist's track is straight heavy metal, in case that's too much for anyone.)

The best as of late is Rodan's Theophany, through this site, and None Shall Pass. Yes, I'm still diggin it, but I don't want to fight about it. Dope to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2007 12:20:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2007 12:20:55 AM PDT
parker lewis says:
Myestro: What's the prognosis on Celph's album?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2007 2:35:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 4, 2008 10:56:51 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 108 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Hip Hop forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hip Hop forum
Participants:  157
Total posts:  2680
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2007
Latest post:  May 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions