Customer Discussions > Hip Hop forum

Master P Was a Dope Rapper

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2012 9:25:41 AM PST
SRP says:
You were just jealous to see a black man getting paid.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 12:59:48 PM PST
A customer says:
What are you, his father?

Wait, that's it. That's what your name means! "Sr. P"

Well if you P, let me hear you say "ughhhh".

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 2:56:42 PM PST
SRP says:
Nah, I am younger than P, but P made some classic albums and songs. Don't hate.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 9:32:05 PM PST
Real217 says:
Classic and Master P in the same sentence?

Judging from the fact that you're going at 25 threads per hour, i'd say put the moonshine down man.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 11:39:19 PM PST
SRP says:
Just trying to create actual discussion here man. Aren't you tired of just upvoting and downvoting a list of albums day after day?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 2:40:10 AM PST
Real217 says:
lol. I agree, I am tired. Hence, the reason i dont even bother anymore. plus, those MFkers voted out Rip The Jacker, how the hell? lol.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:48:14 PM PST
D-Train says:
Master P..... I rememeber we use to SMH at cats that liked Master P back in the day, I thought he was bad for hip hop like all that ring tone rap of today...... To each his own but dude had no classic joints but I did like how u do that there.....The beat was raw to me lol....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:52:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 5:52:45 PM PST
michael says:
To be fair... ringtone rap died 4 years ago when the first smart phone was born.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 6:20:09 PM PST
SRP says:
Yeah, fools don't buy ringtone no more. I remember for a few years people were like "you gotta have ringtones thats where the money is yo"

P had tons of classic joints, just not your style, nothing you can do about having bad taste, nahmean.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 3:34:09 AM PST
Unspoken says:
Master P was not good!!! but by today's hip hop standards he sounds better!!! I swear I try not to be a hater but dude was wack!!!

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:13:02 AM PST
Revue says:
I did like the song Ghetto Dope and Ice Cream Man. But that other ish was bunk to me. However, I can't hate his hustle now. I thought he and his crew were a fly by night act. Back in the day I couldn't stand him or his affiliates enough to buy any albums. All those gaudy neon covers with words encrusted in diamonds and gross photoshop. Eww. I heard their underground stuff was better though. I remember seeing an old green BG album cover with his name written in white Microsoft "urban" font. I was intrigued by the album, but money wasn't like that so I never did pick it up out of fear of getting a frisbee quality album.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 12:29:08 PM PST
KillerSim187 says:
P was a good rapper for the type of music he was putting out. P never was trying to be all lyrical or anything like that. I liked P still do but anything he made after Last Don is garbage. Ghetto Dope is a classic album. No limit's catalog is full of some classic albums. Maybe down south classics but classics none the less. P was a C- or D+ rapper and stayed in his lane. He never tried to venture out of that zone. This is what made him pretty good he was consistent. If he wouldn't have released so many albums so quickly , gave some of his lesser artists time to shine, and burnt out Beats By The Pound. He would have lasted a while longer.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 1:53:05 PM PST
A customer says:
"All those gaudy neon covers with words encrusted in diamonds and gross photoshop"

Yep, that's Pen & Pixel for ya. They're infamous for a reason.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 1:28:12 PM PST
Wanduras says:
P was garbage. Worst one out of the whole camp besides Silkk. That being said, Ghetto D is a classic and there were tons of songs he was on that were classic material. He (and a lot of Southern joints in general) is just not most people's cup of tea but No Limit had some dope dope ish. Being from NY and growing up in FL (where there are tons of NYers), I experienced a pretty balanced mix of haters and supporters for No Limit. It was pretty black and white tho. NY fans listened to nothing but that and same for South fans. The only common denominator between them was some West Coast like Pac, Dre, and Snoop but that was it.

I mean, I get the point that Hip Hop Elitist types are trying to make, but at the same time, I don't think you can view all artists through the same lens. Some are lyrical, some are storytellers, some have dope beats, some do party raps, and some just have ignant ish. I can find a place for them all but most people aren't that open-minded.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 10:02:01 AM PST
Master P and NL records are responsibile for plenty of classic trks and and some classic albums. They did gangster rap some justice and unkike the "gangster" rappers of these days they told the whole story other than just glamorizing the good part of hustling. P had some talented rappers on roster also.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:32:48 PM PST
DL says:
I was in high school when No Limit and Cash Money were blowing up, and I stayed away from that stuff like the plague. That was the time I was moving in the other direction towards more underground lyrical hip-hop. One of my best friends was on the bangwagon though and he was a huge MAC fan.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:21:40 PM PST
illstatic says:
The only people I liked from No Limit was Mystikal, Mack, & Soulja Slim. Master P did have some good songs though but as far as skills go, hes was birdman's twin brother LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:26:58 PM PST
illstatic says:
sorry I just like talent LOL. people who have good beats & nothing else doesn't have a place anywhere. they'd be better putting out an instrumental album & leave it at that. I def don't like ignant ish LOL.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hip Hop forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions