Customer Discussions > Hip Hop forum

Sigh.......Canibus commits career suicide once more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-45 of 45 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 3:21:47 PM PDT
Fred Hunter says:
His freestyles have never been pure off the top freestyles. Always written you can tell.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:53:28 PM PDT
DL says:
Man come on! RIP Canibus??? If you are a Bis fan then you already know he's done a lot of dumb stuff. You know he dont make good business decisions or career moves. You know he's not exactly mentally stable. And you know he's never going to be considered the second coming of Christ like everyone though back in 98. This aint the end of Canibus. It's another embarassing moment is his career, and it may hurt his respect in the hip-hop community, but I think Bis will continue to do his thing. I hope! This is the kinda thing he should have done back in 2003 with Eminem, when everyone was waiting for that battle. And back then, he would have been a lot more on his game.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:20:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 10:24:40 PM PDT
A. Martinez says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9KjsBIsr2g&feature=g-u-u

^^^^
If you have 49 minutes to spare, this is the full battle in HD. At first Bis didnt do terrible, but once Dizaster went up, he destroyed Bis as the seconds kept ticking to the point he had no confidence whatsoever. Dizaster really did his homework and studied his whole career moves and flops, and let Bis have it in the worst way possible and went on for 30 minutes. Even though im not a huge Canibus fan, its pretty painful to watch. Its like watching an MMA fight where one of the fighters doesnt have legs, but the crowd is anxiously hoping to see a miracle if he wins, tears are building up in their eyes ready for such a triumphant moment! Then, all of a sudden he gets mounted and continuously pounded in the face until no longer conscious.....Thats the best analogy i can come up with.....

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:52:42 PM PDT
A customer says:
Staring at your opponent for 40 plus seconds without saying a single word while rocking back and forth like the Rain Man isn't doing terrible?

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 12:10:24 AM PDT
Revue says:
Canibus did so bad that he has fans crying over the whole thing. I'll have to watch the full battle soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uh23K0sNac

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 1:24:00 AM PDT
Real217 says:
Lynn, the funny thing is, i feel for that kid, someone he looked up to just let him down. My take is, Bis didnt even need to do this. If he knew he wasnt prepared, just turn it down. This was unnecessary. I cant wait to hear what he has to say about this.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:07:37 AM PDT
DL says:
Anyway, whos gonna buy that Rip The Jacker: Evidence of Infinity that drops in 6 days? I can't wait :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:22:51 AM PDT
Real217 says:
lol

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:10:16 AM PDT
Real217 says:
Canibus on his facebook page:

Canibus HERE,

Just got my stitches out today. Will be going to therapy once a week for my AC injury. First time I've had a separated shoulder but I am expecting a full recovery in time. Also continuing work on the Rip The Jacker 2 DVD. Will continue to keep you all updated as things happen. Don't really know what to say concerning all these blogs, parodies, and fake accounts posting apologies about god knows what but I am moving forward for my Rippers and Hip Hop as best as I can. Thank You for your good wishes and encouragement. Sometimes people need laughter and entertainment at the expense of others embarrassment but Hip Hop means so much to me I don't care. Diz is the champ. Please be kind to one another and don't forget we are all family in this Hip Hop Community whether we know it or not.

Peace,
Bis

Man, whatever you say man. lol.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:30:10 PM PDT
Top5DOA says:
Words of the defeated ... Sad Story

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:39:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 1:40:01 PM PDT
michael says:
I have never had any respect for Canibus nor have I ever been a fan of his at all, but that letter gives me one iota of respect for him just for the humility of it.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:59:53 PM PDT
DL says:
Idk why everyone's trying to crucify Canibus over this whole thing. So he messed up, had a bad showing and got embarassed. At least he had the balls to do something like this, even if he was ill prepared. Do you think your favorite MCs are actually gods? No, theyre human beings. I got way more respect for Bis than I do for most other rappers. Am I going to like him less because he lost miserably in this battle? Of course not. Canibus doesnt have mainstream popularity anyway, so I doubt this will even hurt him that much. His true fans are still gonna support him and listen to his music. Real, I know you are a Canibus fan, so are you telling me now because of this battle you're not gonna buy Evidence of Infinity? That would be ridiculous.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:22:21 PM PDT
A customer says:
Canibus disrespected his opponent and dishonored himself by way of his actions. Conceding victory then going on to have the final words of a battle already lost is pure, gratuitous ego-stroking. I just couldn't believe Canibus would be so, well, for lack of a better word, RUDE.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:30:48 PM PDT
Real217 says:
DL, defending Canibus on this is something i'd call "blind love". I hold the emcees i like to a higher standard than the others. I'm a Canibus fan and he's still in my top 12 all time. But, This is not a matter of having a bad day, or was defeated, Bis did not try at all. I honestly didnt expect him to win, (he's no longer in his prime and i understand that), i expected a "fight", something, anything from one of the greatest emcees to ever do it. DL, all Canibus had to do was rap, he didnt even have to freestyle, like Kev said, most of those battles are writtens, fine, he should have had those with him. But no he didnt. key word is "ill prepared", why would you be ill prepared for something you signed up for 6months in advance? To be "ill prepared" is one thing, to be PREPARED, and still loose is a totally different issue. Do you get what i'm saying? I just feel he made a mockery of the whole thing. He didnt have a bad day, he took it for granted, its almost like he did this just for the measly cash. Cmon man. Dont tell me you were not disappointed, Canibus fan or not. This guy made 2000 BC and Rip The Jacker for pete's sake. If he did his homework, and survived those rounds, and still got defeated, i wouldnt mind at all. I would be like, IF this was 2000, Diz would be sorry. You know.

Anyway, I paid about $30 for Lyrical Law, i'll pay exactly $0.00 for RTJ: Infinity. I think my account would be "ill prepared" by then. So i'll probably be having a bad day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:57:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 9:58:35 PM PDT
DL says:
Fair enough. To be honest, I havent even took the time to try to watch the video yet. It's almost impossible for me to stream video where I'm at. I just cant imagine him doing anything that would make me stop buying his music. Unless he went up on stage and cursed my mother. Or sold out to commercial pop rap.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 10:57:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 10:58:57 AM PDT
NPMusicman says:
I wouldn't CRY over this lol Then again, Canbus isn't one of my favorites (although I do like the dude and have 2 albums). I guess I feel for y'all. It's embarrassing, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Bad, but not that bad lol Maybe he thought he would entertain the crowd with some written rhymes. He admitted defeat already, and obviously there were a lot of Canibus fans there, so maybe he thought he was doing them a favor after the battle was "officially" over.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:33:47 PM PDT
DL says:
Downloaded Evidence of Infinity last night. Listening to it right now. I do not like this weird style of patching together different words and bars. It's almost unlistenable. I'm just thinking wtf is this?? Maybe Bis has comepletely lost it. All I want him to do is spit rhymes over decent beats. I guess that's too much to ask. The first track is good, but it seems like it's the only "normal" track on the album. The rest of the album is just a bunch of different words spliced together. Some of the beats are good but the concept of this album is BS. I think Canibus is too genius for his own good. I'm pretty disappointed this morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 7:25:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 7:27:53 PM PDT
illstatic says:
Please don't tell me Evidence of Infinity is suppose to be RTJ 2. Seems more like a fan made album. All He did was take some of his old verses & put them on new beats. Where is the 10,000 bar song? wtf is up with canibus man? he already let everybody down with his battle with Diz & now this? Jesus Christ LOL.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 8:02:53 PM PDT
A customer says:
I don't think the real RTJ2 is even out yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 8:55:59 PM PDT
DL says:
Even if he just recycled some of his old lyrics over new beats, and made new songs out of them, I'm cool with that. But this sounds like Shhh. He's talking about how he's pushed the envelope of hip-hop further, this has never been done before, etc. Only problem is, its horrible. I hope this was just some experimental bs he put out and there is a real album coming soon...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hip Hop forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions