Customer Discussions > Hip Hop forum

Club Music

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2012 2:23:19 AM PDT
DL says:
I do a lot of traveling to different countries. My trips are mainly party oriented. And all over the World, when you go into bars and clubs, you hear the same music playing. I cannot stand techno and club music! I cant believe that this kind of music is now the standard, the most popular. I dont feel this kind of music at all. It really kills my mood when I'm out. I find myself standing in a club of people dancing to this 'club' music, and I'm just bored thinking to myself "Man it would be awesome in here if they actually played some hip-hop." Sure there are hip-hop clubs out there. But the night-life scene is absolutely dominated by techno/club music. Even a lot of the popular American music now, the stuff that plays on radio and video, whether its hip-hop, pop, r&b, or rock, has the techno/club sound. I hate this trend. I already stopped listening to the radio more than a decade ago, but it sucks to go out and be subjected to this deafening level of horrible music. Crazy thing to me is the vast majority of people actually think this is great music. I'm talking all races and colors from around the World. And on the other end of the spectrum, I was just in Thailand (99% club/techno music) and was in a hip-hop club there, but in the hip-hop club they were only playing some commercial southern rap I-have-so-much-swag-even-my-swag-has-sway type of rap. Is anyone else frustrated about the music when going out??

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 10:02:39 AM PDT
M. Clifford says:
I feel ya DL. I can't remember being to any bar/club since the late 90s and actually hearing a song I liked. If it weren't for the women I would NEVER wanna go out again. I'm not gonna go as far as calling anything a "hip hop club" these days but even the clubs that play pop rap get on my nerves. Here in GA I can't go out without hearing some lame @$$ Lil Wayne, TI, or Jeezy ish. Music has been a huge part of my life since I was really young so I take it seriously and I can't tolerate garbage. Makes me not even wanna go out. I'd rather just tell a chick to come ova here and drink and listen to real hip hop.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 10:51:14 AM PDT
A customer says:
Ht any ladyboy clubs in Thailand?

Scratch that. The "club" exists for the sole purpose of giving wack ass rappers something to rhyme with "dub". That's it. As for the women, there's over 3.5 billion of them that somehow exist outside "the club", out there in the World, as they call it. And, hey, I hear the World's a great place for meeting chicas. Better than "the club", that's for damned sure.

Oh, and club music sucks.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 11:01:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 11:04:23 AM PDT
What do you guys expect to hear at the clubs? Especially multi-cultural clubs. Also this is a new generation of hip hoppers. So of course they are going to play what is hot in this day and time. Just like we played what was hot our day and time. DL that is an elitist way of looking at the club scene. I don't go to clubs at all really but when we do step out the mature ones we go too play some everything. But thats mainly because the crowd is from that era.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 8:14:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 8:21:40 PM PDT
DL says:
Its always been and always will be a little though being a hip-hop head. Always some frustrations to deal with. Thats all I'm sayin Kev I wish I could go out and hear some better music. To me Techno is the worst music, maybe besides Country. Dont get me wrong, there are still places out there that play good music but they are not the majority. Overseas its almost nonexistent.

@ Ian LOL the ladyboys are always out in full effect but I keep my head on a swivel!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 9:01:50 PM PDT
Real217 says:
You said around the world so i can really comment, i've only been to two continents. Maybe you should try Africa. anyway as much as i dont like Techno, i know people dont come to the club to listen to lyrics. What do you really think they'll be playing at the clubs though when it comes to hiphop? it'll be definitely something almost everybody can dance to, they're all about appealing to the "majority" of the crowd. Its a business. Music wise, i notice that many Asian countries pick up western music a lot. Just an observation and it doesnt mean its ALL of them.

Now i go the clubs in Boston sometimes, and there's always a club playing hiphop/reggaeton somewhere, there's always something for everybody.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 10:38:41 PM PDT
D-Train says:
DL as far as different countries go I can't speak on that but I feel where you coming from..... You just want a club that you can go to and hear the kind of music that you want..... I thank god my club days were in the 80's and 90's before the corporate monster took over........Vegas was dope in the 90's Hip hop was still the minority but there were places for cats like us to go.....Personally I can dance better to Hip hop music than any other music...... These are the days of the sheep my dude where everything is the same....There a 20 artists that are played all over the world on every station and club......Nobody wants to stand out anymore, and DJ's don't play new music because they will lose their job...........Vegas has 50 - 100 clubs inside the hotels on the strip and I know probably 50-70 percent of the DJ's and they all play the same mess everynight because they are told to.... I've always been open to music and living in NJ I was exposed to club, house, hip hop, Rock, Metal, soul, funk & Jazz and I could find several artists in ea genre that was creative or just different ! Those days are over, hopefully it will do a 360 again.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 11:08:47 PM PDT
DL says:
Its always changing. For example, growing up I dont ever remember techno music being popular at all. Now all the sudden its the thing, along with tight pants and mohawks. Who knows, maybe in 10 or 20 years underground hip-hop will be the 'new thing' lol.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:46:38 PM PDT
I'm married with children.....what's a club?

I miss my youth.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 12:05:12 PM PDT
Since when has music played in the club has been any good???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 9:34:28 PM PDT
DL says:
Well when I was younger, late 90s and early 2000s, the music played in clubs was primarily hip-hop. At least where I lived in Michigan. I'm not saying they played the very best music, but hip-hop was the standard.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 4:38:11 PM PDT
DL, the last time I went to a club, it was during the whole No Limit/Cash Money/Bad Boy/Ruff Ryders era.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 7:57:43 PM PDT
DL says:
I do remember hearing a lot of DMX. And at school dances back in the 90s I remember a lot of No Limit LOL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hip Hop forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions