Customer Discussions > Hip Hop forum

Movies & TV Shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 266 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2011 5:40:53 AM PDT
DL says:
I work in Afghanistan, and after work I like to watch something before I sleep. I just recently watched the Spartacus TV series, and that show is the shhhht. I just finished The Walking Dead and that was pretty good too. I'm waiting for Breaking Bad season 4 to be realeased. But does anybody have recommendations on good TV series or movies they've watched recently?

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 6:16:44 AM PDT
M. Clifford says:
I'm pretty much done with regular tv shows. I ain't got time for all that. People at my job talk about all them shows everyday and I don't know where they get the time to watch all that, and it's kinda pointless to me anyways. I prefer to watch channels like ID, Discovery, Travel, Biography, History & History International, Documentary, and sometimes E!. You can actually learn something from watching a lotta the shows on those channels. I check out 1-2 movies a week. Usually streaming on Blockbuster or Netflix. Netflix is good for catching up on some movies you mighta missed or forgotten about. I've caught some good martial arts flicks on there that I never would have even heard about.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 7:01:16 AM PDT
Top5DOA says:
Make a DVR move, but yeah the shows you NEEEEEEED in yo life:

Suits (USA) - One of the dopest shows on TV ... you can catch it on On Demand for free ... Season just ended ... it's about a young junior attorney who has the most incredible photographic memory who helps a Senior Partner with cases, while trying to hide the fact he's not a Harvard Law grad when everyone in the firm is.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX - Thursday Nights) - Hilarious ... New season just started ... About 3 friends, a sister, and a father that all own/help out at a Bar and the tomfoolery that they come up with each week. It's not a continuous story. New storylines every show.

The League (FX -Thursday Nights) - Hilarious ... New season starts Oct. 6th ... About friends in a fantasy football league and other random storylines and plenty of football player guestspots.

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO - Sunday Nights) - Hilarious ... Former writer of Seinfeld ... Plays himself ... He's extremely blunt and direct and he's in NY this season stirring ish up.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 12:55:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2011 12:56:43 PM PDT
Justified
Eastbound & Down
Community
The Wire
Treme
Entourage
Louie
Deadwood
Arrested Development
Boondocks
Blue Mountain State

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 12:59:13 PM PDT
Top5DOA says:
Co-sign Eastbound & Down (HBO)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 4:10:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2011 4:11:30 PM PDT
Jay Persson says:
Terriers (unfortunately cancelled)
Blue Mountain State ("I eat 3 bowls of Lucky Charms every day before my morning poop!")
Eastbound (Kenny Powers stepping off the waverunner into the lake is the funniest thing ever)
Sons of Anarchy (just an awesome show)
Breaking Bad (probably my favorite show on television right now)
Boardwalk Empire (show about the prohibition - second favorite current show)
The Walking Dead (excited for season two, with season one being only 6 episodes and all)
The Shield (FX's best show)
Game of Thrones (if you liked Spartacus you will love this)
Suits (agree with Juice - great chemistry between the two main actors)
Party Down (catering company show, kinda similar to Waiting... cancelled after two seasons tho, but funny)
Six Feet Under (one of HBO's best)
The Wire
The Sopranos

Honestly it just depends on what type of show you want to watch before you sleep. If you want to laugh and watch something kind of short, watch either The League, Party Down, Eastbound and Down, BMS, or even Suits. Sons of Anarchy, The Shield and Terriers are all similar in terms of the mood you need to be in to watch. Then The Wire and The Sopranos you need to fully commit because you won't stop until you are done with all 11 seasons. I would recommend watching Game of Thrones first if you're coming off Spartacus.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:34:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2011 5:36:37 PM PDT
I'm always telling people that 2Pac's performance in 'Juice' is one of the most underrated of all time. He was so freaking good in that movie.

"Top of the world, Ma!"

Favorite TV show.....all time. 'The Wire'. Some of the best writing EVER - TV or films or whatever, the scripts to this show are mind bogglingly good. In fact, everything about this show is perfect.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:48:08 PM PDT
Real217 says:
Suits is dope.
House MD (my favorite TV show, cant wait for season 8)
Walking Dead was great.
True Blood (Not bad at all, dont like all the gay sex scenes much)
Louie (great comedy)
The shield (The only complete series i own, great show)
24 (i'm buying the complete series soon and will start from the very beginning, great suspenseful show)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:59:40 PM PDT
I've been avoiding the "vampire" stuff for years now, but my wife talked me into watching 'True Blood', and I gotta say, I'm loving it. I will still be avoiding all the other vampire stuff though.

When is Dave Chappelle gonna come back?? I miss that dude.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 7:38:46 PM PDT
Top5DOA says:
Making a On Demand move on "Breaking Bad" as we speak.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 11:36:02 PM PDT
Revue says:
I don't have cable tv, so all of the shows I watch are found by word of mouth. If I like what I see, I buy the DVD

Breaking Bad (when is season 4 coming out)
The Boondocks (see breaking bad)
The Office
Big Bang Theory
King of the Hill (season 7 needs to be released)
Weeds (I still watch it even though the show started to suck after season 3)
This American Life (waiting for season 3)
Planet Earth series
*cosign Dave Chappele

Speaking of comedians, I enjoy
Wanda Sykes
Paul Mooney
Kevin Hart

Movies off the top of my head:
Waltz with Bashir
Dead Ringer
Requiem for a Dream
Mary and Max/Harvie Krumpet
The Secretary
The Kite Runner
Osama
Children of Heaven
God Grew Tired of Us
City of God

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 1:17:41 PM PDT
Requiem for a Dream was so harsh. Check out Mr Nobody... to everyone.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 1:28:15 PM PDT
Some of my fav tv series:

Walking Dead
Nip/Tuck
Oz
Sopranos
Boondocks
V
Lost

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 3:33:19 AM PDT
Jay Persson says:
^^^ cosign Waltz With Bashir and City of God. Two of my favorites. Is there a movie villain worse than Lil Ze?

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 11:32:28 AM PDT
D-Train says:
I basically watch sports, documentaries, cooking shows or pawn shows.... Here are few that I catch on cable...
How not to live your life - British comedy that is funny as hell
Call me Fitz- Jason Priestly is off the chain
Curb your enthusiasm
Weeds
Entourage
Real sports
Bill Mahr
The Wire
NY undercover
The Sopranos
Martin
Goodtimes

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 11:53:15 AM PDT
these are the shows i watch, that are still on the air with new seasons... thank goodness for DVR or i would never be able to keep up!!

dexter
weeds(i dont know why i still watch co-sign evil-lynn only 1st 3 seasons were dope)
shameless (dont sleep on this show, some of the best writing in a long while)
curb your enthusiasm
bill mahr
walking dead
breaking bad ( best show on TV hands down, and season four hasnt finished yet so you cant get it on dvd)
game of thrones (the homie got me into it, super sick)
louie
wilfred

and come end of october NBA ALL EFFFFFIN DAAAAY!!!

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 12:09:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2011 12:10:54 PM PDT
M. Clifford says:
Dunno about NBA, the season is at least gonna have a late start. Doesn't look good right now. NFL was in much better position by this point and they barely saved the whole season. Works for my Celtics though. Those older players can use a shortened season. Maybe this year the Miami CHeat don't body slam Rondo to win the series. smh Wade shoulda been suspended for that bs. I lost all respect for steroid jaw that series.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 7:05:54 AM PDT
As of right now, I'm watching:

Rookie Blue
Weeds
In The Flow With Affion Crockett
The Playboy Club (Do NOT sleep on this show)
Whitney

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 11:44:38 PM PST
DL says:
Good looking out on that Deadwood recommendation. I watched season 1 and I love that show. Started out slow but got better as it went on. I'm definitely gonna watch season 2 and 3 next.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 4:50:07 PM PST
Anyone watching American Horror Story on FX? Really good so far.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:04:09 PM PST
i havent seen american horror story yet but I will. I love horror and I've heard nothing but good so far. I'ma cosign keven robinson and say LOST. Best drama series ever made. The Wire is right behind it. Game of Thrones is the shhh. And southpark. Sooo funny. And It's always sunny is right up there for my favorite comedy. And Tosh.0. That's one of my favorite comedies too. Has me laughing my ass off.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 1:20:11 PM PST
Jay Persson says:
Horror Story is sweet. That opening scene with Tate was tough to watch after living near Columbine. Tate's still my fave character though.

Trippy I think The Wire is a much better show than Lost in terms of writing, acting, and pretty much everything else. But damn I would watch 10 Lost episodes a night sometimes. I love that show. And yeah I can't wait for season two of Thrones. South Park has been weak the past few seasons with the exception of a few great episodes.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 2:09:47 PM PST
Ya Jay I agree last season of SP was not very good but I've been liking this one way more. And I agree with you on the Wire, it is technically better I know but Lost is just so addicting I gotta pick it. A few of those newer SP's have been classic tho. The Nascar episode was the s***. And the one where all the mexicans were sneaking back over the border to Mexico was hilarious.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 2:40:30 PM PST
Yeah, Tate is a gangsta

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 5:56:53 PM PST
did anyone watch that new AMC show Hell on Wheels? Seems like it could be a pretty tight series. Common is in it and he's bad ass as always.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hip Hop forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  266
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions