Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Historical Fiction forum

The early 1960s in California

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 8:49:12 AM PST
I had a very different experience of the turbulent '60s because I entered a convent in 1963 and began teaching as a nun in a Latino district of San Francisco in 1967. My experiences and those of the people I met are found in my new fictional book, THE CHOSEN SHELL. It is a young, naive woman's journey into a cult-like environment where sexual feelings threaten her dedication to her vows and the men and women she meets turn out to be very different than she expected.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:17:13 PM PST
I didn't realized that anyone remembered the 1960s who lived in California during that period... ;-)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 6:19:37 AM PST
Joe Hohmann says:
Good one, Leonardo! Katherine, Just enter, in Amazon "books", "1960s California". A number of books will be shown.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Historical Fiction forum (811 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Historical Fiction forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions