Customer Discussions > Historical Romance forum

Recommend funny historical romance novels?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-40 of 40 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 9, 2009 1:24:48 PM PDT
Mindy says:
I am a funny historical book lover as well. There are several recommendations that I have for you:

Connie Brockway: Bridal Favors (one of the funniest books I have ever read!)

Teresa Medeiros:
I love ALL of her books and each one does have funny parts but my favorites are...
Nobody's Darling
Once An Angel
Touch of Enchantment
After Midnight
One Night of Scandal

I highly recommend the Mallory series by Johanna Lindsey. The heroes are delightful rogues and the women hold their own. I read them over and over again.

Posted on Oct 9, 2009 6:04:20 PM PDT
Tams says:
I am going to say Theresa Medeiros and Jacquie D'Alessandro. Both are very funny and I often catch myself laughing out loud even in public.

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 7:03:41 AM PDT
M. Humphrey says:
Teresa Medeiros, Charming the Prince

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 1:51:23 PM PDT
Susan Smith says:
Barbara Metzger's regencies are clever, funny and fully of polished writing. Often contain wierd servants and amusing animals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2009 1:34:25 PM PST
Esperanza says:
Diane Farr's Regencies are very funny. I've read THE FORTUNE HUNTER and DUEL OF HEARTS and enjoyed both of them very much.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 9:14:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 5, 2011 4:20:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 5:19:02 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
I second Diane Farr

The Fortune Hunter

The Highwayman of Tanglewood

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 1:37:42 PM PDT
Angel9460 says:
His at Night by Sherry Thomas was very funny. The hero is undercover and his disguise is that he is an idiot! He is quite creative in his ways to keep his disguise up.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 9:58:48 AM PDT
luvbooks says:
Funny Historicals, I'd recommend Barbara Metzger, Marion Chesney and Georgette Heyer as well as Loretta Chase's Lord Scondrel. I agree that Diane Farr's is also funny. I too like humor in my regency historicals.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 11:01:51 AM PDT
bennie says:
just finished tessa dare lastest there were funny scenes in that love the book bye the way

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 6:35:14 PM PDT
SeaSea says:
Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros was very sweet and funny. Also, almost anything by Julia Quinn especially How to Marry a Marquis (Avon Romantic Treasure)

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 7:53:59 PM PDT
Jo says:
The Rose and the Warrior

I'm currently reading older book:
The Rose and the Warrior by Karyn Monk

Don't let the cover fool you.
This story has some great side characters, lots of funny dialog and witty situations. Hero, Roarke, is highland warrior who has never lost a battle or failed to complete a mission. Tasked to capture and bring back the elusive Falcon, he sets out with his warriors and finds himself captured by the Falcon. To top it off, the Falcon is a female who raids and thieves only because Roarke's clan nearly destroyed her clan. In her band of thieves, there are great secondary characters. They almost take over the story. I'm only halfway through, but I'm actually likin' this story.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 5:51:44 AM PDT
Wendy says:
Trouble with Harry and Noble Intentions (Leisure Historical Romance) by Katie MacAlister. They're both 99 cents for the Kindle too. I read both of these and they're very funny. Especially Noble Intentions. Love the heroine's flatulent dogs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:44:40 AM PDT
You should read Eloisa James. All her books are good, but Kiss At Midnight and Beauty Tames The Beast, are excellent.

Posted on May 12, 2012 6:11:27 AM PDT
I just finished reading the Sally MacKenzie bundle Sally MacKenzie Bundle: The Naked Earl, The Naked Gentleman, The Naked Marquis, The Naked Baron, The Naked Duke, The Naked Viscount, The Naked King (Naked Nobility) and loved it! My only complaint is that she didn't write the books in order, so they aren't in order in the bundle. The Naked Duke is actually the first book in the timeline, and it was one of my favorites! I love it when the H falls madly in love with the h and has to convince her everything will work out! Several of the books in this series are like that. Several of the H's are clueless or think their problems are too great to be over come. It was a nice mixture. Plus most books have a secondary romances with minor characters that is intriguing--especially the one in The Naked Baron!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Historical Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Historical Romance forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Aug 22, 2009
Latest post:  May 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions