Customer Discussions > History forum

A Forum to answer Lilyokalani questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 5435 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 20, 2013 8:07:58 AM PST
Sixties fan says:
http://unitedwithisrael.org/why-a-british-muslim-of-pakistani-origin-defends-israel/?inf_contact_key=46ee8b4b6fbb7adf80873002b1609305f2701472d39cba01d590aa7edef8b56f

Why a British Muslim of Pakistani Origin Defends Israel

Kasim Kaz Hafeez, a British Muslim of Pakistani origin, is a proud supporter of the State of Israel. As the founder of the Israel Campaign and a member of the advisory board of Stand With US in the United Kingdom, he frequently tours the world speaking out for Israel and publishes pro-Israel articles such as one titled Muslim, Zionist and Proud, which was printed in Yedioth Achronot. However, Kasim was not raised to be a pro-Israel activist. Kasim's very own father was deeply anti-semitic and would state, "Hitler was a great man; he just didn't kill enough Jews." Unfortunately, Kasim's father was not alone in thinking like this.

Growing up in the United Kingdom, the whole atmosphere that surrounded Kasim was very anti-Israel. He was raised seeing graphic images produced by anti-Israel activists who claimed that Jews were killing innocent Muslims and causing Muslim suffering. He claimed that the religious wing of Lashkar e-Toiba, the Pakistani Salafi terror group that targeted the Chabad house in Mumbai, India, had an office in the UK for a while and many British Muslims attended their events. The Lashkar e-Toiba, like Palestinian Islamist groups, believes that Jews are descendants of apes and pigs, and views Jews to be enemies of Islam that must be destroyed. According to Kasim, anti-Israel radicalism within the British Muslim community was particularly articulate in the later part of his childhood, following the Salman Rushdie affair in the 1990's.

However, after wandering into a bookstore and discovering Alan Dershowitz's book The Case for Israel, Kasim began to question the anti-Israel views that he was raised with. Originally purchasing the book in order to prove it wrong, instead Kasim's world was turned upside down. According to Kasim, "The section about the region, the war of independence and refugees just was crazy. I couldn't believe what I was reading. It seemed pure fantasy. I'd not heard anything even similar. It's why I researched more as I still couldn't quite believe what he wrote was true." Yet, after doing research in order to confirm whether what he read was true, Kasim came to the conclusion that he should come to Israel in order to see the reality for himself, since he was in such a shock that all of the facts related to Israel supported Alan Dershowitz's assertions.

Kasim claimed that in Jerusalem, "you see this idea of apartheid shatter within minutes. You see people of all religions and races going about their day to day business without any restrictions, contrary to everything I'd been told and believed. I spoke to a variety of people, just chance conversations and it was strange to hear Arabs say they were proud to be Israeli. You know I had this mentality of sympathy for them; you must be so oppressed, yet they were happy and found my attitude quite funny. [...] When I actually went to the Old City, you see Muslim, Christian and Jew all together, where else in the Middle East would you see that? When I was in Saudi Arabia, Saudi authorities cracked down on Muslims who they believe to be deviant as they don't follow their ideology, but here in Israel I'm seeing people going about their day to day lives worshiping at their holy sites."

After his trip to Israel, Kasim became a dedicated pro-Israel activist and has been working to convince other Muslims to support Israel. He has had some success. Some Muslim people who used to condemn Israel instantly thanks to Kasim now understand better Israel's point of view. For example, Kasim asserted that although he faced a hostile audience in Halifax, Canada last October, "I've had a few instances even in Halifax when Muslims will say, look I may not agree with everything but its given me things to think about. That's the start you know; its' creating cracks in the lies they may have accepted as truth. So that's one of the best feelings, when I do have Muslims and it's made them think, challenged what they believe and their ready to take it further."

By Rachel Avraham

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 2:35:54 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 21, 2013 5:06:46 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 11:16:55 AM PST
Sixties fan says:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12761

Op-Ed: Who Lives in the Homes Stolen from European Jews?

Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:44 PM

Why do the worst anti-Semites come from Europe?

Giulio Meotti
The writer, an Italian journalist with Il Foglio, writes a twice-weekly column for Arutz Sheva. He is the author of the book "A New Shoah", that researched the personal stories of Israel's terror victims, published by Encounter. His writing has appeared in publications, such as the Wall Street Journal, Frontpage and Commentary. He is at work on a book about the Vatican and Israel.
► More from this writer

All the recent surveys and reports are telling it: the world's worst anti-Semites come from Europe. 6 of the 10 entries in the new Simon Wiesenthal anti-Semitism black list are based in Europe. The first two countries where monitor groups found the highest number of anti-Semit attacks in 2012 were France and the UK.

Over the past few years, Jew-haters in Western Europe have used not only "garden variety" anti-Semitism - graffiti, leaflets, statements, articles and daubings - but terror, violence and murder have also been employed, at increasing rates. Toulouse, Ilan Halimi, the bombed synagogues and the arsoned Jewish centers are just some examples.

The images of "alien Jews", all-powerful and conniving at revenge, are evoked daily during Europe's parliamentary debates.

For a short while - day or two in historical terms - Europe understood that Auschwitz is unique, its horror like no other. But a few minutes later, the uniqueness was already forgotten. That's why the denial of the Holocaust has now become a major publishing industry in Europe. And for the first time since the fall of the Third Reich we have government officials, MPs, journalists and writers openly disseminating anti-Semitic materials as official policy.

Fear dominates Europe's Jewish minds.

Take Austria. The number of anti-Semitic incidents doubled in Austria in 2012. There are an estimated 15,000 Jews living in Austria, although only 8,140 Austria Jews announced themselves as such in the national census for "fear of reprisal". These are the new invisible Jews.

In many European cities the persecution suffered by the Jewish community has reached such a degree that many people are selling their homes at any price to move elsewhere.

But Europe's war on the Jewish people today is mostly centered around the fight over Judea and Samaria. For close to 2,000 years of statelessness in which Jews yearned, prayed and never lost hope for a return to their land, two vital facts miraculously remained unchanged. The first was that of the many conquerors who overran Eretz Yisrael during two millennia, none of them settled the land and the second was that none of them declared themselves an indigenous political entity therein.

Today, however, in the age of the big lie, that has changed. Many of the Protestant English inhabitants of Ulster have a longer history there than most Palestinian Arabs have in the land of Israel. The land "from Dan to Beersheba" was never, in all of history, a homeland to anyone but to the Jews, Jerusalem never a capital save under Jewish rule.

This is totally unacceptable to Europe. They cannot accept that while each invading people in its turn took possession of the land on the basis of "might makes right", the Jewish people never relinquished its claim to the land as the actual descendants of the people last to inhabit the land as a distinct historic nation.

The Jews who would have settled eastern Eretz Israel went up the chimneys of Auschwitz. Now Europe wants to do the same with the western side. That's why today hiking around the "settlements" requires guts, much planning and submachine guns.

The reason that most of world's anti-Semitism comes again from Europe is easily explained.

Israel now, Czechoslovakia then: both young democracies ridden with minority problems (Czechoslovakia: two-to-three million Germans in the Sudetenland, one million Hungarians, Ruthenes, Jews, etc.); both protected by a industrial-military complex; both defendable from a mountain range situated close to the would-be enemy. There it was the Sudetenland; in Israel it is Judea-Samaria.

If Czechoslovakia was described as an "appendix" which must be excised, in Europe's hate speech it's the "settlements".

If the Nazis shouted "today we have Germany, tomorrow the whole world", in current Euro-Arab coinage it is "from the Green Line today to the `Blue {Mediterranean} Line' tomorrow".

Even from a military point of view the situation is very similar. Hitler had no heavy guns to crack the Sudeten fortifications, and was still unprepared for an all-out war. But he just needed a "Regional Conference" in Munich. The participants were Germany, Italy, France, Britain and, of course, Czechoslovakia, whose delegates waited outside, Hitler having refused to let them in.

Nothing has changed in the last twenty years: Europe, the Arab states and their Palestinian clients are aiming to create a state west of Jordan as a springboard from which to eliminate the Jewish énclave; the Americans are just guarding their interests without "offending anyone", while the Europeans are preserving their Arab-Islamic oil, whatever the cost to a Jewish Israel that is stubbornly insisting on preventing a Palestinian state and assuring its own survival.

Like Hitler, the Arabs have learned how to exploit the much-admired European notion of national self determination as a means of extending hegemony over all of Israel.
If Hitler's club was the threat of war, the Arabs' weapon is terrorism.

The dark irony is that the Europeans who are supporting the Palestinians' "right of return" are living in homes stolen from Jews they helped to gas.
Shall we call it "Final Solution, phase 2"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 2:44:47 PM PST
Suet says:
I'm not living in a home stolen from Jews! :(
But I support their right to return.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:28:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:07:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:34:37 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:07:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:52:09 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:52:56 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:05 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:54:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:12 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:56:29 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:18 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:57:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:24 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:58:52 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:30 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 5:08:27 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:35 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 5:11:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:41 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 5:26:25 PM PST
Rachel says:
Happy 2013 Suetonius ! Good to find you here to wish you the best in this year and always.
I am sure we will never convince them of this.
In addition we know Jews stayed there who never went to the Diaspora, that we returned in waves throughout those years and that the international community voted in 1947 for partition on November 29th and we said YES. Those who said no are now crying wolf.......
Your support of us is straightforward because you see reality as it is not as they want it to be.
I am grateful for your support :-)
Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 9:34:17 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:48 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 9:53:58 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:11 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 9:57:46 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 7, 2013 2:08:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 9:58:22 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:13 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:00:40 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:14 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:03:52 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:15 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:10:21 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:16 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:14:27 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:17 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:46:38 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:42:18 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 5:12:17 AM PST
anne says:
Palladin55: "1) are Jews entitled to a homeland? . . .By homeland, I mean a country of their own. Arabs have their own countries, 22 of them. Greeks have a homeland called Greece. The French have a homeland called France. Why not Jews?"

anne: Other religions don't have homelands, so why should Jews be special? I suppose you could say Catholics have a homeland in the Vatican. But there's no homeland for Christians or Buddhists, is there?

<There are secular reasons not only religious reasons for an ethnicity to have its own country.>

I hear Jews are every ethnicity, even Chinese and African.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  5435
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions