Customer Discussions > History forum

'Do you believe 9/11 happened due in part to incompetence?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 9:56:30 AM PST
anne says:
If so, whose?

Answers may be for either 9/11/2001 or 9/11 Benghazi.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:21:13 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
American intelligence reports about al Qaeda and its plot were ignored, or minimized, by our national security apparatus. The terror attack of 9-11-01 murdered more American men, women and children than Imperial Japan's sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. We should have gone to war like we did in 1941 and destroyed them.

The terror attack on the American consulate in Benghazi has been covered up by President Obama. There are unsubstantiated rumors that al Qaeda conducted that attack and that numerous warnings that such an attack was being prepared were ignored.

In both cases, ignoring intelligence about al Qaeda and similar terrorist groups got Americans killed. They could have been saved had the reports been acted upon appropriately. The US deserves a much better national security apparatus than it has.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:48:17 PM PST
not really

it is because the system is erroneous

people dont study system theory
and the govt grossly handicaps its ability to function
by making stupid decisions

until everyone is required to have 16 years of math in school
and study logic and systems theory instead of worthless liberal art krappp then arrogant people will think that they are smarter than they are and continue to do dumb thinks because they dont know better but their intuition seems to say it is true

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:00:55 AM PST
Smallchief says:
I take a back seat to nobody in declaring that GW Bush was the most incompetent President that the US has ever had.

But, no, 9/11 was not his fault. Terrorists are going to succeed now and then, no matter what.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:00:54 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:26:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 11:30:43 AM PST
Suet says:
I think they were quite incompetent, otherwise they would have hit the White House and the Capitol as well. Probably because they studied liberal arts instead of math.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:41:39 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
Why do you keep on harping about 911 anne? Its not very hard to attack a country that has no idea that people are at war with you, is it? Unfortunately Americans can not understand the depravity of these people and their joy when they kill innocent civilians. Are you done with this yet anne or do you need to post another 10 discussions on 911?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:02:57 PM PST
Debunker says:
J. Schwarz,

It's just anne's schtick. She really doesn't care about 9/11. She just likes to throw nonsense out there and see what happens. Odd hobby.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:04:16 PM PST
Debunker says:
Incompetence? 9/11 has always followed 9/10 and come before 9/12. Even in Benghazi.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:41:04 PM PST
Suet says:
Do you believe 9/11 is a good topic to start silly threads about?

Answers may be for either 9/11/2001 or 9/11 Benghazi.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:08:31 PM PST
americas future is spelled out in the bible

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:10:09 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 10, 2012 7:03:03 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:24:16 PM PST
we are toast before armageddon happens

will not be here to fight in that war
(or too weak to attempt it)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:56:35 PM PST
B-Jak says:
Don't let the Mormons read that. They think Jesus is reappearing in Missouri!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:42:10 PM PST
Debunker says:
Would you send me a copy of that book? No charge?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:11:31 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
Anne is a fruit salad minus a few bananas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:56:29 PM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
Kimberly Quiggle says:

[Read The Harbinger...then make a decision about 9/11
The Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's future.]

I haven't read that book but what does it say is the ancient mystery that reveals America's future ?

Jeff Marzano

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:15:52 PM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
anne says:

[If so, whose ?]

The conclusion of the 9/11 hearings was the terrorist attacks were the result of a lack of imagination.

Some of that lack of imagination probably took the form of not imagining what would have happened if the first attack on the WTC with the truck bomb had been successful which it could have been. Their goal was to topple one of those towers which I presume would have struck the other tower and then both of them would have come down. This would have dwarfed what happened on 9/11 assuming it happened instantly since nobody would have had any warning.

It's pretty weird that the same two buildings and the same area of NYC were targeted twice. I guess that's because they viewed the WTC as a symbol of western corruption.

As Rumsfeld stated:

"Nobody could have imagined that terrorists would use airliners as missiles."

Unfortunately it was the job of people like Rumsfeld and Richard Clark to imagine it.

It all started when a handful of punks with box cutters got control of those airplanes. How was this even possible ? A five year old kid could have kicked those cockpit doors down probably.

It would have required leadership and actual monetary costs to everyone to implement the security checks that are now in place at airports. Would the pressure against doing this have been too great before 9/11 ? If yes this means that change only happens after a catastrophe has already occurred.

Would those changes have been unpopular politically so that someone may not have won an election ?

Clinton was president at that time. He's on TV saying "I did not have a relationship with that woman.". This is a guy whose authorization is required to press the buttons that could end civilization and he's on TV lying about Monica Lewinsky.

Terrorists tried to kill thousands of people at that time. But those schmucks in the government were spending millions in legal fees trying to kick Clinton out of office because of his sexual escapades. Was this a distraction ? It didn't help let's put it that way. It wasn't just the money with the legal fees.

Well thank God Monica saved her dress with Bill's DNA on it. Otherwise Clinton would still be lying about it now. That hypocrite still appears on TV today trying to save the people in Haiti or whatever other &^%$#*(& he's talking about. Mr. all American boy.

Jeff Marzano

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:20:29 AM PST
JOHN DOE says:
Jeff, you are wrong - the FBI knew of the people who were taking flying lessons, but did not want to learn to takeoff and land. The flying schools alerted the FBI and the FBI hierarchy failed to take action despite field agents reporting these as credible threats. Rumsfeld is and always has been a bumbling fool. It's astonishing that such an inept individual could end up in such a position of power.

Despite the erroneous information to the contrary, Clinton signed an executive order putting a 25 million dollar bounty on OBL's head, dead or alive. The Clinton administration tried desparately to convince the Bush administration of possible pending terrorist actions against the USA. Bush, nor his advisors and department heads took these warnings seriously.

Clinton wasn't the worse when it came to fooling around - he just paid the price with all the hoopla from republicans who failed miserable to carry out their sworn duties under the constitution as they and democrats continue to do today - just saying...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:38:51 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
The main problem is the people who are in the intelligence business aren't too intelligent and have no clue as to how these sick psycho perverts think.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:59:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 6:00:56 AM PST
Suet says:
"Bin Laden Lived To Fight Another Day--Thanks To Bill Clinton"
http://tinyurl.com/aewxy3h

An account of the 1998 incident when OBL could have been taken out, but allegedly Clinton would not give the go-ahead.
Is this party political spin?

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:48:15 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
I guess there's advantages to having a suspicious, mistrusting mind, at least if you work for an agency like the CIA or Secret Service.

The security on the airplanes was too casual and trusting.

I happened to be in NYC about 3 weeks before 9/11 for a Dark Shadows convention. I stayed at the Marriott Hotel at the WTC which is where the festival was held. A few short weeks later that hotel would be gone and the manager died trying to get people out.

As I looked up at those towers I got a weird feeling, probably thinking about the attack that had already happened.

On 9/11 a lady was standing probably pretty close to where I was that day. She get drenched in red hot jet fuel and stumbled into a hotel lobby all burned.

If 9/11 had happened when I was there, assuming I survived, I would have been totally confused since I have rarely ventured into the Big Apple. For me going there is a big adventure. For many others however it's a daily routine.

I watch enough crime shows on TV to never doubt the evil potential of people.

Snapped. Wicked Attraction. Sins And Secrets. FBI Criminal Pursuit. Most Evil. Mobsters.

Shows like that have become very popular today.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men ?"

Jeff Marzano

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:20:07 AM PST
JOHN DOE says:
Jeff, if you have not already read the book "102 Minutes" suggest you consider it - what I found most interesting was the construction of the towers - for me it answered the questions as to why the towers probably colapsed - no conspiracy, just greed - also, it goes into great detail about the events of the day from the perspective of the people in the towers and those trying to help.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:36:03 AM PST
Suet says:
Justy, are you a Twoofer or are you ain't? Cards on the table, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:47:07 AM PST
JOHN DOE says:
you will have to be a little clearer in what you are asking as I have no idea what a Twoofer is - just saying...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions