Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > History forum

A Place for the Pro-Israeli Propaganda

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2012 9:33:10 AM PDT
Welcome to everyone!

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:40:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2012 11:09:58 AM PDT
If you are an overt racist Zionist, who has no problem with saying that you are one, and are maybe even proud of it, then this is the place for you.

If you are someone who calls everyone an antisemite, and think that you are light unto the world, then this is the place for you.

Go ahead blame everyone except Jews and Israel, because you suffer from Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder, where phantoms of your own sins and insecurities are amplified into monsters from the ID.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 12:52:46 PM PDT
Bookish.I like that term Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder.Is that of your own making.it is creative and certainly an apt description.There are those with Pre and those with Pro Traumatic Stress Disorder.I hope we have the courtesy to allow those with PTSD to discuss openly here without our interference.That would be the high ground compared to the discussion that they opened up for self proclaimed anti-Semites.Maybe for once we can be at least equlal to them rather than some pond scum.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 1:40:54 PM PDT
Lientje says:
Bookish: At last someone with sanity and a sense of humor. I love it.

I would love to have discussions about Israel without being called names. It happens in my real life, but not on my life here on the forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 4:23:42 PM PDT
Jezzie says:
Larry D., I'd like to re-post my post from March 22nd on Eye on Israel, because I think you might find it interesting & may have missed it.

Linda, You & Larry were both posting quotes from Gilad Atzmon the other day. Your comments confused me. I'm not sure whether you like him or not. My own opinion is that he's one of those writers who requires sifting, like panning for gold. Some of his stuff is clearly worthless, some shines brightly, but upon closer examination, turns out to just be fools gold, but there are also valuable nuggets of real gold there. Which makes reading him worthwhile, but challenging.

That said, I'm going to share one of his theories. Some of you were discussing PTSD in relation to the holocaust recently. Atzmon speaks of another kind of PTSD which he says many Israelis & their supporters suffer from. He calls it Pre Traumatic Stress Disorder, & describes it not as a reaction to some trauma actually experienced in the past, but rather to a trauma vividly imagined as a phantasm of the future. In this case, people are reacting to a trauma they haven't personally experienced, but expect to. I guess you could say instead of flashbacks, they suffer from flashforwards, flashes of pain caused by traumatic events that haven't happened, therefore are only real in their minds. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 4:41:23 PM PDT
Thanks Jezzie.That's great to know where that came from because I plan to adopt it and want to give credit where credit is due.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:02:09 PM PDT
Glad to see the propagandists visit -- but please don't just vote No, but duck in you walking dead!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 10:14:27 PM PDT
Lily White,

I look forward to all the Israel-bashers here destroying whatever credibility they have by impulsively defending you from charges of antisemitism just because you're a fellow Israel-basher.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 12:52:42 AM PDT
Thought I'd add a bit of non propaganda.

Anti-Arab soccer fans rampage in shopping centre - but no arrests
Catrina Stewart Jerusalem
Saturday 24 March 2012

Buoyed by a home win, Jewish fans of football club Beitar Jerusalem this week rampaged through a nearby shopping centre following an evening match, attacking Arab workers and shoppers in one of the worst racial brawls seen in the city in recent years.

The entire episode, which occurred at Jerusalem's Malha Mall on Monday night, was captured on closed-circuit television, but Israeli police made no arrests, and the incident received no media attention until yesterday, prompting fury in Israel's blogosphere.

The attacks are the culmination of a long record of violent and anti-Arab behaviour by ultranationalist fans at Beitar, a club identified with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's right-wing Likud party. The Israeli Football Association's efforts to rein in the club's unruly fans have so far met with limited success.

The incident started after a game at Jerusalem's Teddy Stadium, where Beitar beat Tel Aviv's Bnei Yehuda, saving the once successful team from imminent relegation. Hundreds of fans, mostly teenagers, descended on busy Malha Mall, jumping on tables, waving scarves, and chanting "Death to Arabs".

When a group of fans started to heckle and spit on Palestinian women dining with their children in the food hall, the centre's Arab cleaning staff rushed to their defence and chased the fans off. But moments later, the fans returned, and started to attack the Arab staff.

"They [the fans] caught some of them and beat the hell out of them," Yair, the Jewish owner of a bakery in the shopping centre, told Israel's Haaretz newspaper. "They hurled people into shops, and smashed them against shop windows. ... One cleaner was attacked by some 20 people, poor guy." The brawl might have turned deadly, but food hall staff refused to respond to fans' demands for knives and sticks. It was only when police arrived 40 minutes later the situation was brought under control.

"I've been here many years and I've never seen such a thing," Haaretz quoted Gideon Avrahami, Malha's director, as saying. "It was a disgraceful, shocking, racist incident; simply terrible."

The police defended its failure to make any arrests, saying it had received no complaints from any of the public, a response that drew immediate derision. "No complaints and no arrests. Does this mean riots against Arabs in malls is acceptable behaviour in Israel?" tweeted Joseph Dana, an Israeli blogger.

Shmulik Ben Rubi, a Jerusalem police spokesman, later told The Independent the police would investigate the incident, which might lead to arrests.

But many believe the shopping mall riot is part of a wider malaise in Israeli society, where the country's Arab minority, 20 per cent of all Israelis, is discriminated against, often with impunity. Beitar, the most overtly racist club in the country, has an unspoken policy it does not hire Israeli Arab players, in part because of the backlash management would face from its die-hard fans.

Bad behaviour is endemic in the stands, where fans heckle Arab and black players from opposing teams. Israel's FA tried to penalise the team for the fans' behaviour by docking Beitar points and making the team play in an empty stadium, moves criticised as failing to hold individual perpetrators to account.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 12:59:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2012 1:03:21 AM PDT
Lientje says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 1:17:27 AM PDT
Lily White,

Don't cite what Bookish says as if he's a reputable source. Like you, he's also a proven antisemite. I look forward to all the Israel-bashers here destroying whatever credibility they have by impulsively defending Bookish from charges of antisemitism just because he's a fellow Israel-basher.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 1:45:12 AM PDT
Jezzie says:
Scrappy, < Don't cite what Bookish says as if he's a reputable source. Like you, he's also a proven antisemite.>

What a strange statement. "Proven" how exactly, & by whom?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 1:47:29 AM PDT
Jezzie says:
Larry D., You're very welcome!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:02:32 AM PDT
Jezzie,

Proven by Bookish's own statements. Between his attacks on the Talmud, trumpeting Israel Shahak's attacks on the Jewish religion, his talk of nukes as the "Jewish bomb" and his talk about "what common Americans are finding out about Jews from other immigrants groups" there's no room for anyone to deny it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:02:48 AM PDT
Jezzie says:
Lily White, < 13 no votes to Bookish's post.>

Actually, it's 12, but you're right. I don't vote, on principle, so none of them were mine. I'm sure neither Larry, nor Street Prof voted no. And, as you said, we know Bookish didn't. It sounds like the zealous Diaspora Warriors are on a campaign to silence the posters here, or censor their posts by hiding them. But then, they have their own unique definition of the word 'discussion'.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 2:16:03 AM PDT
bob397103 says:
Boorish believes the Jews bake cookies with the blood of muslim children.

Boorish, you don't seem to like NO votes. At least you whine about them. Why don't you try to come up with a discussion idea that doesn't suck? Probably not possible for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:20:31 AM PDT
Lientje says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:24:01 AM PDT
Lientje says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:24:26 AM PDT
Lily White,

I'll shut up as soon as you come clean and admit you're an antisemite. It's amusing to be called ignorant by someone who's been discussing Israel online for years and still doesn't know anything about Israeli or Jewish history.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:33:12 AM PDT
Jezzie,

And for goodness sake! street professor is a Holocaust denier who claimed that World War I was a "Zionist war". Get out of here while you still can!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:35:47 AM PDT
Jezzie says:
Scrap, "Attacks" on the Talmud? I've seen him ask questions about or criticize specific sections, but nothing like the insulting remarks Jeffesq613, John Lane, & others on your side have made to him about Islam, the Quran, & the Prophet Mohammed. Does that mean they're "proven" Islamophobes?

As for the rest of your 'evidence', I don't know what you're talking about. It's known that Israel has stockpiled hundreds of nukes (as well as chemical & biological weapons). Is that what you mean by the 'Jewish bomb'? We were right about there being WMDs in the Middle East, just wrong about which country has them. It's not Iraq or Iran, but rather Israel. Perhaps some people just got confused because all three start with the letter 'I'?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:40:48 AM PDT
Lientje says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:47:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2012 12:11:18 PM PDT
Jezzie,

Bookish repeated the same false quotes that other antisemites claim are in the Talmud. His attack on the Talmud is antisemitism and the supposed Islamophobia that you're charging others with is not a denial. It's an *excuse* for Bookish's antisemitism. Learn the difference.

As for the rest of the clear evidence, go to the following link and read all of Bookish's posts between pages 30 and 32:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/history/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg30?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx33HXI3XVZDC8G&cdPage=30&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3THJR34GYSBWT

He described all nukes as the "Jewish bomb". And you've completely ignored his trumpeting of Israel Shahak's attacks on the Jewish religion and his talk about "what common Americans are finding out about Jews from other immigrants groups". As I said before, there's no room to deny that he's an antisemite. Don't be stupid. Bookish isn't worth defending. He's a jerk.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:48:04 AM PDT
Lily White,

You said that Jews are unpatriotic because they believe they are the Chosen People. Calling people unpatriotic is to say a bad thing about them. Saying bad things about Jews is antisemitic. So if you say that Jews are unpatriotic then you are making an antisemitic statement. One who makes antisemitic statements is an antisemite. You made an antisemitic statement about American Jews.

Why am I wrong about any of this? If you can't tell me why I'm wrong about any of this it's because I'm right about all of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 2:51:39 AM PDT
Jezzie says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions