Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > History forum

Zombies in History

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 12:16:44 AM PST
I would like to hear from the zombie fans ~ Specifically those who see zombies in our history and in our future...

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 12:19:17 AM PST
My brother is a HUGE zombie fan, and well ~ I'm trying to better understand him. Sometimes I think he's gone off the deep end and well, at other times he actually makes sense... Any other zombie fans that want to try to educate me on what it is about zombies that make them so appealing to so many people?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 1:33:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 1:33:13 AM PST
Well, Lazarus and Jesus set the standard.

If you have not aleady, get a hold of "The walking dead" series.

The best zombie themed thing I've ever seen.

Not for the squeamish.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:23:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2013 8:20:46 AM PST
JagdTiger says:
Here is a film that may have unwittingly started the genre...invisible invaders...there is all another one but cant remember the name but seemed to have vincent price voice in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:07:40 AM PST
I've read a few of the Walking Dead and actually watch the series on AMC ~ But, I have issues with the inconsistencies on television series ~ example, in I think season one, there is a scene with a bunch of cars with dead people in them ~ Dead, not zombies. Then we find out in season two, that everybody is already infected with whatever is causing this reanimation and therefore, if you die you will rise again AS a zombie.

Oh ~ I have something you might actually appreciate, Buck! When I was teaching my young daughter (many years ago) about Easter ~ The crucifixion and Christ ~ Now, remember, my brother is a HUGE zombie fan ~ I get to the part where Christ rises from the dead and this little angelic child's eyes widen in horror and asks "You mean Jesus is a zombie?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:09:27 AM PST
JagdTiger ~ So, is the film called "Invisible Invaders" or am I looking for a movie with Vincent Price ~ I'm sorry about my confusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:28:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 9:28:47 AM PST
JagdTiger says:
The film is called invisible invaders with john agar and john carradine.

The Vincent price one had zombie like people with some kind of device on their heads being controlled to take over the earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:30:15 AM PST
Oooh nice. I'll look for them both. Thanks!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 12:53:36 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
The results of the last election show the increasing importance of the Zombie community.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 1:06:41 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
Yes, the 47% who actually voted for Romney.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 6:53:36 PM PST
WR, there are inconsistencies within the zombie ouvre that don't make sense for me from the get go.

Why do some people turn into "walkers" and others just get chomped and die.....

After a while the ratio of zombies to prey will become such that there will be no one left to eat, then what?

You must become as one with the zombies and leave your brain in another location, or it will surely be eaten by nonsense.

I'll tell you this about "Walking dead" though. The season 2 cliff hanger is amazing and I can not wait for the first episode of season three.

Aren't kids great before they are indoctrinated?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 7:03:51 PM PST
BB ~ I'm trying desperately to remember the cliff hanger from season 2 ~ Aren't we in season 3 or 4 now? I'm sorry ~ So much going on, I don't know if I'm coming or going. Remind me of the cliffhanger if you don't mind...

And yes, children are quite entertaining ~ my two keep me quite busy and slightly crazed at times...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 8:35:03 PM PST
Down my way we are still waiting for season three.

For those who haven't seen it, I don't want to give it away, but if you have seen it, all I need to say is "Cut off their arms".

Don't tell me what happens next, please.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:10:52 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Don't they just try to bite you and slobber on you if you cut their arms off, Buck? I haven't been keeping up on the Zombie Apocalypse. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:22:46 PM PST
Mr. Lane you would love it.

Guns everywhere.

Blow those zombies to pieces.

This is why we need a personal arms cache.

That reminds me, if you are facing an imminent zombie apocolypse, watch "Zombieland" for guidance.

We are all orphans in Zombieland.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:34:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 9:36:48 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Thanks for the update, Buck. I'll check it out.

What guns work best on Zombies? Should the guns be baptized before firing like medieval swords were? Do we have to use silver bullets blessed by the Pope?

I do remember from old black and white zombie movies that you had to go for head shots. Is that still true?

Help me out here!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:39:19 PM PST
Well, Mr Lane, the movie "Zombieland" answers just those questions.

Check this site out. It might help:

http://www.zombielandrules.com/all-zombieland-rules/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:12:27 PM PST
Ooooooooooo ~ That was a good cliffhanger.... You know, the graphic novels are actually pretty good ~ the series has extra characters and doesn't follow the gn's exactly, but I would recommend them ~ But, I'll hush up about "The Walking Dead" now... ~ ;-D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:12:52 PM PST
I actually enjoyed "Zombieland" ~

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:27:44 PM PST
I haven't had a chance to read the graphic novels as yet.

Another thing on my to-do list.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:28:09 PM PST
Who wouldn't?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:51:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 11:51:23 PM PST
;D ~ someone who doesn't like zombie's and has NO sense of humor...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:56:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 11:57:25 PM PST
Well ~ spoiler alert ~ The graphic novels are VERY close to what the series follows. If you like the surprise, then wait until the series is over, THEN read the graphic novels... I stopped reading them when the series came out. But, I apparently am still further than whatever season I'm in. But, I think this season will catch me up...

But, I still have a problem with the inconsistencies. I have no problem with the "fantasy" of it all ~ I just wish the writing were more consistent. Example ~ if your already infected, (remember, everybody is) ~ then why is getting bit by them so bad if it's just tiny bite? Why can't disinfecting the area be enough ~ why does anybody bit, die? or have to die?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 11:58:15 PM PST
And what is up with slow zombies and super fast zombies???? Why are some ridiculously slow while others seem to move at cheetah speed?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:01:07 AM PST
And how in the world does a zombie sneak up on you? Seriously ~ I can be driving on the highway, with my windows rolled up and literally GAG if I pass a dead skunk SOMEWHERE near the road. Now I realize, dead humans and dead skunks are completely different. And to be perfectly honest, I've never actually smelled a dead human (thankfully), but don't you imagine they would REEK? I'm not talking slightly offensive... I'm imagining highly repulsive.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
436 Mar 8, 2016
USN getting serious about drones 13 2 minutes ago
Son of Yehudi Menuhin Questions Holocaust 137 4 minutes ago
Gary Hart, what coulda been, woulda been ... 53 9 minutes ago
Chancellorsville... 30 2 hours ago
We have defeated the wrong enemy 26 2 hours ago
JFK Assassination Part V 7107 2 hours ago
The Shoho Sleeps with the Fishes 3 2 hours ago
History of the Palestinian Nation (Part IV) 7430 2 hours ago
A Place For Pro-Israel Posters IV 372 2 hours ago
Trump assassination I 49 4 hours ago
Il Ducé, 46 19 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions