Customer Discussions > History forum

USS Liberty

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 205 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2012 9:57:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 7:43:45 PM PDT
IGS says:
Since you wouldn't move it yourselves, I moved it for you. Have at it guys.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 10:48:07 AM PDT
D. Robinson says:
Blah blah wacky conspiracy theory blah blah blah thinly veiled antisemitism blah blah blah eventually someone says "Zionist plot"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:15:31 AM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Didn't we already do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:18:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 11:19:58 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Wow its I'm going surfin the resident anti Jewish meathead. As if it would be anyone else. How about a discussion on I'm going surfin, troll or uneducated fool, make a choice people. I vote both. Now I'm did it ever occur to you that you are promoting hate? Well duh guy, maybe you should put that brain in gear and think about it.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 11:19:43 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:20:55 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Just make sure you are residing there first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:22:19 AM PDT
nope
the iranian terrorists will be residign there when they nuke it

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:32:52 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
I think you have it backward, if Israel was serious about Iran, there would be nothing left in the country but glass. Do you seriously think Israel doesn't have the ability to make H bombs? You are deluding yourself, if push came to shove Iran would cease to exist. But Israel, although it has had nukes for 50 years would never use them first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:34:39 AM PDT
they need the political will
they effedeupp the last war
olmert is a traitor
will the enxt guy have cojones

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 12:59:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 5:21:26 PM PDT
IGS says:
Bite me Schwartz

This is a transfer of another thread, having zip to do with the other topic, it was an attempt to give the participants a forum dedicated to their concerns. It is a topic I have no real interest in. So why don't you sit down, shut up, and keep your crack pot unfounded &(^# to yourself and set off to crawl back under whatever rock you came from from. Have I made myself clear? Before you ever use that word troll again ... look real hard in the mirror because you are staring at one you mental dwarf. Before you open your mouth again, please do know what you are talking about ... naw that ain't never gonna happen.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 12:59:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 9:07:15 PM PDT
DarthRad says:
There are two indisputable truths about the USS Liberty incident:

1. The US government quickly buried the incident and it was never fully investigated.
2. To a man, the crew of the USS Liberty believe to this day that the Israelis knew their ship was American and the attack was deliberate.

The rest of it I'll leave for the forum.

In my mind, the USS Liberty and Jonathan Pollard are proof that the national interests of the US and Israel truly are not the same, no matter how much the Israel lobby would like Americans to believe that they are the same.

The USS Liberty represents the triumph of the Israel lobby over American politicians (LBJ mainly) to suppress the truth about this relationship.

Jonathan Pollard represents the triumph of the vigilant professionals of the American intelligence and law enforcement communities as well as the Federal judiciary, all far less susceptible to the election buying power of the Israel lobby than American politicians. That he is still in prison instead of free in Israel as an honored Israeli citizen is a credit to the integrity of this professional American establishment which has steadfastly resisted political pressure to support his release/pardon.

So far anyway. We'll see if any future American president dares to pardon him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 1:37:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 1:38:39 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
There are a couple of additional facts you're not mentioning, DarthRad.

Fact One: Damage from "friendly fire" ("Blue on Blue") is unfortunately pretty common in combat.

Fact Two: The Israelis were informed that no American ships would be operating in coastal waters.

No one can explain what Israel stood to gain by sinking what they knew to be an American ship. That's an act of war and the only other superpower in the world in 1967 was actively supporting the Arabs. France, which sold Israel their Mirage fighters, had embargoed further orders including parts and supplies. Given Israel's reliance on air power, that was a near lethal decision.

They were desperate for American help so they sank our ship?????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 3:33:38 PM PDT
L. King says:
Umpteen times. Umpteen -1 times too many.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 3:36:31 PM PDT
L. King says:
Thanks for nothing once again.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:37:46 PM PDT
L. King says:
No doubt the crackpots like Dickerson will show up soon enough.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:38:00 PM PDT
L. King says:
So

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:38:19 PM PDT
L. King says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:38:33 PM PDT
L. King says:
just

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:38:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 3:41:55 PM PDT
L. King says:

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:39:01 PM PDT
L. King says:

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:39:12 PM PDT
L. King says:

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:39:30 PM PDT
L. King says:

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:39:43 PM PDT
L. King says:

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:39:55 PM PDT
L. King says:
page

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:40:10 PM PDT
L. King says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  205
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions