Being a confirmed believer in Oswald's sole guilt is not easy. We are constantly asked to explain evidence, reconcile testimonies that seem to contradict one another, and endlessly putting out brushfires started by conspiracy cultists. Whenever we make a claim we are expected to back it up with evidence, testimony, science, or logic. It never ends.
Being a conspiracy cultist is MUCH easier and MUCH less strenuous. Having dealt with conspiracy cultists since about 1980 when I began my career as a professional historian and teacher I have found very similar characteristics common among most (not all) conspiracy cultists. Here is a partial list of requirements in case anyone is interested in joining the conspiracy cult:
1. You must constantly ignore contradictory evidence. When confirmed conspiracy cultist spearman was shown forensic evidence that the limousine windshield contained NO through and through hole he promptly ignored it, waited for a month and then brought up the claim of the hole in the windshield again as if it had nevef been disproven. When David Medearis was shown that his love and support of the HSCA's findings did not actually support any of his wacky beliefs of multiple gunmen and multiple rifles, he simply ignored the HSCA's findings from then on and never brought them up again. When cultist Robert Morrow boasted that LBJ was a part of the conspiracy to murder Kennedy and had it pointed out to him that LBJ didn't accept the findings of the WC that Oswald acted alone and wanted a reinvestigation of the murder he simply ignored the logical problems of a guilty person being unsatisified when THEY were exonerated for a crime THEY committed and instead wanted the case re-opened possibly leading to THEIR arrest and conviction. Morrow simply ignored the flaw in his theory and marched onward.
2. You MUST repeat the same lies over and over and over until the poorly read believe your claims. In spite of all contradictory evidence that the James Altgens photographs were in his possession from the moment he took them until they were developed and wired around the world, Ralph Cinque and James Fezter continued to propagate the lie that the photo of Billy Lovelady in the doorway of the TSBD was stolen, altered, and returned to his possession, all within a twenty minute window and all without his knowledge. Even though spearman and Medearis were shown repeatedly that all photographs taken by Tom Alyea show Oswald's rifle being removed from the building and later tests proved that only one rifle was found in the TSBD, they continue to spout the lie that a Mauser was found in the building. Even though photographs of CE 399 reveal a bullet severely flattened along its horizontal plane, conspiracy cultists still continue to repeat the line that CE 399 was pristine and without blemish. Even though Gary Savage's book 'First Day Evidence' reveals that Oswald's prints were lifted from the rifle BEFORE it was sent to Washington D.C. conspiracy cultists continue to repeat the lie that Oswald's prints were only found on the rifle AFTER Oswald's death. Even though the WC, the HSCA, and the Discovery Channel all hired marksmen to attempt to duplicate Oswald's accuracy within the time frame of the three shots fired that day and even though ALL three groups managed to not only match Oswald's feat but BETTER it by a significant margin. Still the conspiracy cultists continue to repeat the lie that Oswald's marksmanship has never been duplicated.
3. Never site specific sources for any lies you repeat. THIS is a vital step that ALL conspiracy cultists cannot forget. The character limit on Amazon posts don't afford me the necessary length to cite all of the examples of spearman and Medearis and Morrow and Fetzer and Cinque making allegations and then failing completely to back up their claims with any kind of evidence. Just make the unsupported allegation and then expect the lone nut believers to disprove your claim. That way YOU never look bad.
4. Always ignore difficult questions whenever you are cornered. David Medearis and spearman were asked what they thought WAS in the package Oswald brought to work with him on the morning of the assassination. Answer? Silence. Nothing. Clearly they don't know what was in the package and therefore they stand silent hoping beyond hope that the questino will go away and they can start an unrelated line of questioning.
5. Always refer to OTHER conspiracy books and NOT to the actual evidence. In order for conspiracy theories to sound plausible you MUST refer back to other theories and other people's suppositions, NEVER the actual evidence.
Due to the length of this initial post I will continue the list with the ninth post in this thread.
Recent discussions in the History forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|433||Aug 4, 2015|
|JFK Assassination III||7194||2 minutes ago|
|History of the Palestinian Nation (Part IV)||4302||32 minutes ago|
|A Place For Pro-Israel Posters III||8569||49 minutes ago|
|Jewish Myths and Facts - Questions and Answers About a Living History 2||170||5 hours ago|
|Tom Clancy||6||12 hours ago|
|The Atomic Bombing of Japan||3451||14 hours ago|
|Silverbox Forum||39||15 hours ago|
|moon landing was fake||28||19 hours ago|
|Could Germany Won WWII If It Wouldn't Have Had Japan and Italy as "Allies"?||200||20 hours ago|
|Salamis 480 BC||47||1 day ago|
|Why Hitler invaded the Soviet Union||407||1 day ago|