Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > History forum

Will Israel start World War III within the next 136 days?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 8:58:09 AM PDT
As well they should!

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 9:08:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 10:08:16 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
I know if I was a technician and had a choice of living in an Arab country on the verge of poverty or going to the USA and having a decent job and better wages there would be no doubt where I would go. The fact is without their oil most of the ME Arab countries would be on welfare. Now whether its because of the corruption of their government or their religious beliefs is not the point. Either they change their society or become the world welfare recipients, if the world continues to hand them charity.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 9:10:31 AM PDT
Finally achieving a durable peace would be a huge step forward.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 9:34:30 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Will never happen. The Islamists need the Jew hate to survive. Without Jew hate they would have to face the reality they are going nowhere. They need someone to blame for all their problems. Instead of making excuses for their inadequacies they need to realize they are the only ones to blame for their problems and stop playing the victim.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:01:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 10:24:34 AM PDT
Aluf B. says:
J Schwarz:

It is well known that Mohammeed was a member of the Qurayshi family in Mecca, that his mother was young when she died, and he was taken care off by an uncle of his. He was the poor side of the Qurayshis. he married an older woman who gave him money to start as merchant. In his trips he learned about both Christianity and Judaism, and could not grasp why GD had forgotten the Arabs and given them a monotheistic religion. Indeed those Arabs were pagans. In Mecca itself, where now is the Kaabah , the latter was surrounded with idols. Those idols were for each day and probably an import from nearby, astronomy knew the days, the Arabs of that time did not. Hence the Mishmash that the Q'uran has.
To discuss the mishmash is for another post and long it could be.

Now, when Mohammed fought for Monotheism he was shood away by the Qurayshi who were the elite in Mecca. They made money of those people who came to worship those idols and logically they did not want to loose that income. Finally, finally, Mohammed won, but he had to escape first to a place called Yathrib. He later renamed it when he won against the Qurayshi in Mecca Medina: the land of the prophet and he declared himself the seal of all prophets. How humble!

At any rate the Kaaba was there and no matter how Mohammed wanted to take away this, it was too ingrained, thus it was incorporated into Islam. A religion that asks for total surrender and no free will. That is one the big problems in Islam the inability to decide and think without a community.

The tie to Ishmael had to be made to make it a new monotheism, I agree with you that the tie is far away from reality, but repeat something many times and people believe it. Thus, you have many people repeating AS A TRUTH, but it very tenuous.

You know it, I know, and many others do so, yet, it is an impossible thing to erase....... what a pain that fake cousinhood! :-)

Please answer me, I miss you J. Schwartz.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:07:17 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Thanks for your explanation of the truth. So what class did they make you take, and I hope it wasn't the Holocaust.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:12:44 AM PDT
People eventually get tired of being stuck in the same old box with no way out. Look what finally happened in Northern Ireland, for example.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:13:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 11:31:48 AM PDT
Aluf B. says:
J. Schwarz:

Hiya again:

Jews had to overcome obstacle that the Arab population did not have been nomads and being able to have subsistence food level of economy that way. This is the key.
Jews were urban and against all odds, they had to sharpen their skills to survive, those skills become part of the culture because then future generations learn also the skills and survive as Jews and many successful.

The Nobels are usually in areas that mean to help other, in other words Tikkun Olam, and this is indeed par of Jewish culture= to better the world.

And talking about Nobels: I like what Agnon said when he received the Nobel prize in Literature: I was born in Jerusalem, but the Romans kicked my cradle all the way to Poland.

Please remember that the Arabs hinder themselves by their own tribal rivalries, those are key to progress. Communities that work together can be successful with a purpose;yet, if the purpose is just who is on top of power at the moment this his ludicrous and it undermines the efforts of those intellectuals that do know how to advance. The Arabs are not dumb people at all, but if you talk about culture, it is their Islamic culture that is hindering them. They want to recover what they lost in 750 to continue the conquest of the known world.

Indeed religious leaders and keeping them under wraps is what makes them not up to par. I recall studying that when Turkey recalled its ambassadors from the West, it started loosing its place in the world because it close the door to the cultural exchanges that could have been. They weren't and so it became the sick man of Europe in the long run.

The way they treat women is part of this isolation. Women human rights has not entered their culture.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:18:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 10:25:07 AM PDT
Aluf B. says:
arpard:
It is not the Palestinians alone. The Arab World as a bigger power than them has put them in that position to fight Israel directly- instead of them. They know how costly a war is and they have lost before to Israel. Despite all their efforts Jews have not been thrown to the sea, you see? What the Palestinians are doing, therefore, is a proxy war of the Arab world. They support this wholeheartedly.

In 1952, when Egypt could have solved the problem by absorbing them, One minster by the name of Mahammed Salah (and I am paraphrasing) said: No, we will not abosorb them, we will use them as knife in the back of Israel. This is what has happened all the way to today. I have this among my documents, so I know it is true,

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:19:50 AM PDT
Aluf B. says:
Arpard:
Bingo. Definitely, but I don't se this coming soon enough!

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:21:08 AM PDT
Many Arab countries such as Egypt and Jordan are now at peace with Israel and recognize it. I am optimistic that eventually there will be a durable Israeli-Palestinian peace accord when the two parties finally get tired of the sterile stalemate they find themselves in. Of course Hamas will have to change its position.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:22:51 AM PDT
Aluf B. says:
Good morning J. Schwartz:

Thank you for answering me directly. I truly like to talk to you.
NO, because of my theme I am sure I will be placed in Holocaust studies, but meanwhile, since it is a return: Jewish History I. It will be fun, it will refresh my memory and maybe I will still learn somethings that I do not know at all !

And you?

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:24:05 AM PDT
news flash
todays paper

usa just cancels a failed missle defense system
way over budget
not performing at all

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:24:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 10:26:58 AM PDT
islam arabs descended from abraham via the bastard ishmael and mother who was the maid

jews descended from abraham via that other kid and sarah his wife

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:31:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 10:32:11 AM PDT
Aluf B. says:
Arpard:

I admire your optimism. Fist, yes we have a Treaty with Egypt, but look what is happening after the fall of Mubarak ( not that I defend this guy at all since he was grooming his son to extend the dynasty). The Ambassador of Israel had to escape asap and the incidents on the Sinai now.

As for Jordan. The older King Hussein wanted to leave to his son a calm kingdom and he achieved that with a peace with Israel. Yet, If Jordan is the only country that is truly at peace nearby, can it sustain it?
Can it not be pushed to follow the other inciters.

The analogy with Ireland has been done many times and there is a book that I don't recall now about it. Yet, this is different, I insist the power of the whole Arab world is behind this. Hey! even those who do not have a direct sovereignty borderland with Israel................. all the way to Qatar.

On the other hand, one can only pray that you are right!

Rachel.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:42:24 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Jewish history sounds like fun, they have a class like that here too. But I have too many other classes I wish to take and will most likely try for physical geology or physics if there are any openings. I think I have had enough history classes for a while. Also met a woman at the college that teaches Hebrew at a center and will probably take that too during the fall. I understand the Hebrew teacher at the college is not a very good teacher.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 11:34:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 6:02:42 PM PDT
Aluf B. says:
HI J Schwarz:

Yes, but remember that the areas you are going involve mathematics, you are good for this, not me.
Just imagine readinga Hebrew newspaper on your own! Go for it.

Yes, I found the same issue re languages in the university. I tried to take French to refresh my high-school one and the teacher was sooooooooo bad, I quit within a week.
Please answer my post on the Nobels.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 12:41:27 PM PDT
Lj3d says:
Jeff Marzano: Nostradamus is a strange case. Some of his statements seem to indicate that he was seeing small glimpses of the future. But that information is combined with other statements that cannot even be interpreted. Then when people try to interpret them they get even more confused.

Lj3d: Every prophecy I have ever seen was an interpretation of someone by someone else, usually someone making money off a book. I don't believe any human being has those kinds of powers. Funny thing about Nostradamus, he probably never even knew he could attain such fame so far into the future.

Jeff Marzano: Hitler was a prophet of sorts for the German people. He was presented to them as a sort of messianic figure.

Lj3d: Hitler had a well oiled propaganda machine so naturally he could present himself any way he wanted. Especially to people who are willing to be lead like sheep. Therein lies the problem. People who want to be followers and be provided with simple solutions, will believe anything.

Jeff Marzano: Joseph Smith said he received tablets from weird angels or something along those lines. I guess he felt he was like Moses.

Lj3d: What he had were willing followers. Look at Scientology today. It's been around for little over half a century and counts movie stars and other celebrities as adherants. Yet we actually know it was started by a sci fi author who before he died, put his clothes on the same way you n me do. What people like Smith and Hubbard and others have is a highly developed sense of knowing what people want to hear, and knowing how to take up a position of authority to present whatever the message is. Raelism started in my lifetime by yet another ordinary guy who simply knows what people want and gives it to them...for a price.

Jeff Marzano: Abraham. Moses. Ezekiel. Jeremiah. Those guys were real prophets. << Ezekiel 2:5 >> As for them, whether they listen or not-- for they are a rebellious house-- they will know that a prophet has been among them.

Lj3d: To me, the Bible is a book written by people I'll never know or know anything about beyond what little is able to be gleaned from the archaological records. The Bible was written at a time when most people couldn't read and had to have it read to them. An easy group to control as it were. Written when man feared thunder and lightning, the sun, earthquakes, large animals. Man has also always been a supreme story teller. Passing stories of Gods, prophets, demons, epic battles, good vs evil stories down though the generations. These familiar themed stories continue to be passed down in the form of movies and books.

Some people to this day choose to continue to believe literaly in these accounts. If that works for them, that's fine. I see the Bible as a collection of stories, many not meant to be taken literally but it is meant to be a guidebook for humanity whether it is the divine work of God through men as religious people believe, or whether it is a work by man which is what it appears to me to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 1:06:34 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Just a point in fact, Nostradamus was Jewish. His parents had to convert because of the Jew hate at the time. Just another point in time where Jews had to struggle to survive.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 1:19:49 PM PDT
Lj3d says:
I'm not clear on what your meaning is here. I assume your saying that his prophecies were written for his time which is something I definitely agree with.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 3:58:27 PM PDT
Sixties Fan says:
Nowhere in the Hebrew Scriptures will you find that Ishmael moved to the Arabian Peninsula, or that he and Abraham built the Kaaba, as many Muslims tell.

Hagar was an Egyptian, they went closer to Egypt and she found him a wife amongst the Egyptians. That is what you will find IS written in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Repeating what Islam says, with no validity to it, does not make it true then, now or ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 4:13:58 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
I think the true descendents of the Egyptians are the Copts.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 4:20:43 PM PDT
Sixties Fan says:
You are right. 7 Million Copts against 70 Million Arabs in Egypt. How the Pharaos weep....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 4:51:00 PM PDT
patrick says:
you got that right, is an understatement..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 5:29:35 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
Sixties: There are some reports coming out of Egypt that state the Muslims are crucifying those Copts who don't agree with the new government.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  1879
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions