Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > History forum

Ten Tips to Becoming an Accomplished Conspiracy Cultist

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 254 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:38:47 AM PST
Suet says:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If only Prof. Griffin had been in charge of America's defenses, 9/11 might never have happened. In his dreams.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:50:46 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
I rarely visit forums in which the words "conspiracy" or "9/11" appear, but your ten tips intrigued me so I read them. Very interesting and, based on my limited familiarity with the "type" seem wholly accurate.

The thing that gets me most about both the Kennedy Assassination and 9/11 "conspiracy" theories is that, in the almost 50 years since Kennedy's death and 11 years since 9/11, not one single person involved in either of these vast, complicated and history-making "conspiracies" has come forward - even posthumously - with their book or other confession to say, "I was there. This was my part. Here's what we did and how we did it and here is the evidence."

Not one.

I simply can't wrap my head around that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:53:29 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
"Conspiracies become the main explanation for any given event.It's like religion. "

Bingo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:25:40 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
I like your posts, SV, but ... paragraphs are your friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:30:31 AM PST
anne says:
So you who or what organization(s) do you think allowed 9/11 to happen due to simple incompetence?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:45:48 AM PST
Suet says:
I am not an expert on the background, but one of the root causes seems to have been an intelligence failure. In early 2001, the CIA knew that two suspected al-Qaeda operatives were in the country. They didn't tell the FBI.

As it turned out, those two were part of the 9/11 conspiracy (the real one, LOL!). Maybe the CIA was playing spook games with them - waiting to see who else showed up. If that was the plan, it misfired horribly.

Of course, everybody from Tenet down denied this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:50:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:54:48 AM PST
anne says:
anne: <So you who or what organization(s) do you think allowed 9/11 to happen due to simple incompetence? >

Suetonius: <. . . intelligence failure . . . the CIA knew . . . al-Qaeda operatives were (here and) . . . didn't tell the FBI.

Okay, you think the CIA for failing to follow communications.

How about the FBI for somehow failing to know something they need to know?

How about the FAA? Wasn't it due to a failure in their security measures that somone was able to 'take their stuff'?

Say, aren't those all governmental agencies?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:01:12 AM PST
Suet says:
Yes, amazingly they weren't franchises of McDonald's.
Who do you think dunnit, then?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:14:58 AM PST
anne says:
Whoa, there. We're talking about who was incompetent, not who did it.

Do you agree it appears that the CIA and FAA were incompetent? I realize saying the FBI was incompetent is a stretch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:27:45 AM PST
Debunker says:
Suet,

Why do you even bother?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:30:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:58:29 AM PST
anne says:
How about you, Irish?

Do you believe 9/11 happened due in part to incompetence?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:52:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:53:34 AM PST
anne says: "Do you believe 9/11 was allowed to happen due in part to incompetence?"

I take issue with your wording, which may be accidental, but 'allowed to happen' implies that someone knew it was about to happen, and made a conscious decision to allow it to happen anyway, when it could have been prevented.

I think the question should be 'Do you believe 9/11 happened due in part to incompetence? '

if so, the answer is yes.

Hank

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:00:27 AM PST
anne says:
Henry,
Thank you for pointing that out. I've edited my post.

Who or which organization(s) do you believe were incompetent in regard to 9/11?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:08:25 AM PST
The offician narrative is built on truth and real events. They are chaotic by nature and there will always be holes and contradictions simply because people see and remember things differently, or the people whjo witnessed critical event are dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:22:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:22:48 AM PST
anne says: "Who or which organization(s) do you believe were incompetent in regard to 9/11?"

My specialty is the JFK assassination, but I can spot a leading question with the best of them.

The original question was "Do you believe 9/11 happened due in part to incompetence?" but it's now permutated into ""Who or which organization(s) do you believe were incompetent in regard to 9/11?"

What happened to the 'in part'? Just because Agent A doesn't follow through on something on a timely basis, doesn't mean the entire agency was incompetent, but that is what your latest question implies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:32:32 AM PST
anne says:
Henry,
I'm trying to keep the question simple. If a reader believes that 9/11 happened because someone or some organization was incompetent, I'd like to know specifics.

Remember, just as someone sho does something bad doesn't make them a bad person, an organization that does something incompetent doesn't make them an incompetent organization.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:35:01 AM PST
Debunker says:
Henry,

Anne gets a kick out of jerking folks around on this board with her "questions". I'm sure you've figured that out though.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:41:16 AM PST
anne says:
Henry,
Are you new here?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:14:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:16:53 AM PST
Been posting here on the JFK assassination about six months. Started posting on that subject on the old AOL Boards back in 1992.

Been studying that case about five decades. You?

Hank

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:15:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:47:08 AM PST
anne says: "Henry, I'm trying to keep the question simple. If a reader believes that 9/11 happened because someone or some organization was incompetent, I'd like to know specifics.
Remember, just as someone sho does something bad doesn't make them a bad person, an organization that does something incompetent doesn't make them an incompetent organization."

Your question as phrased implies the exact opposite -- "Who or which organization(s) do you believe were incompetent in regard to 9/11?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:40:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:42:39 AM PST
anne says:
Henry: <Been posting here on the JFK assassination about six months. Started posting on that subject on the old AOL Boards back in 1992.>

anne: I've been here for about two years. Nice to meet you.

<Been studying that case about five decades. You?>

I try to not soil my eyes with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:44:17 AM PST
anne says:
Henry: <Your question as phrase implies the exact opposite .>

anne: How do you think I should word it? Does it need to be a 2-part question?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:48:44 AM PST
How you word it is up to you.

I'll just sit back and point out the problems, if any.

Hank

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:08:51 PM PST
Irish Lace says:
Only to the extent that belief in nonsense like Allah and God is highly "incompetent."

I think 9/11 happened due to humanity's belief in invisible father-beings who advocate compulsion, enslavement and mass murder as a useful tool for their "creations" to demonstrate their love for their invisible father-being.

History has demonstrated repeatedly that a determined mad man or group of mad men can create a great deal of destruction, death or other havoc before they die or are otherwise stopped. This is but another example.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:10:11 PM PST
Irish Lace says:
"Who or which organization(s) do you believe were incompetent in regard to 9/11?"

Islam and its gospel of death.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  254
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions