Ten Tips to Becoming an Accomplished Conspiracy Cultist

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 254 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:18:50 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:14:08 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:40:53 AM PST
Suet says:
anne, here is some more from bin Laden's 2004 video:

"... we had agreed with the Commander-General Muhammad Ataa, Allah have mercy on him, that all the operations should be carried out within 20 minutes, before Bush and his administration notice ..."

You say that's not a confession? Well, you may be right - it's a BOAST.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:59:05 AM PST
Yo says:
anne,

Your plodding, dogged stupidity is a pleasure to behold!

Yours, etc

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:43:51 AM PST
Allan says:
Just one thing all youse anti-Conspiracy Theory atheists are missing, and as a life-long dedicated true-blue, born-again Conspiracy Theory believer I can prove it. I have seen the light.

CONSPIRACIES DO EXIST!

Banks conspire, oil companies conspire, tyre companies conspire, shipping magnates conspire, auto manufacturers conspire, governments conspire, politicians conspire, lawyers conspire, university fraternity and sorority clubs conspire, fishing clubs conspire, even the High School Parents and Citizens' Committees conspire.

CONSPIRACIES ARE ALIVE AND WELL ALL OVER THE BLOODY PLACE.

And if you do not convert soon and join one you will be condemned to spend the entire rest of your lonely life in the devilish misery all you heathens and heretics deserve.

I'm outta here.

Too lonely, there being no lobby groups.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:50:23 AM PST
Debunker says:
Allan,

Nobody here ever stated that conspiracies don't exist. We've merely pointed out that in two of the events which have attracted the majority of conspiracy-obsessed kooks, namely the JFK assassination and 9/11, there's no credible evidence to back up the conspiracy claims that have been put forth.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:52:53 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:14:17 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:15:15 AM PST
Was Allan's post a serious comment? Where did he get the idea that individuals that don't believe in a 9/11 or a Kennedy assassination conspiracy don't believe in ANY conspiracies? This is child-like thinking. As the two previous posters stated...of course conspiracies exist. There was a conspiracy in the lincoln assassination. Evidence existed, it was discovered, the conspiracy was uncovered. There was a conspiracy in the Teapot Dome scandal that rocked the Harding administration. Evidence existed, it was uncovered, the conspiracy was exposed. There was a conspiracy in the Iran-Contra Scandal of the Reagan administration. Evidence existed, it was uncovered, and the conspiracy was exposed. This is a common flow in the thinking of conspiracy cultists. They believe that since SOME events were the result of a conspiracy therefore ALL events must be the result of a conspiracy. As I've stated I refuse to debate the 9/11 attacks, but I am willing to debate the Kennedy assassination ad naseum. In the Kennedy assassination there has been talk of conspiratorial connections ever since the bullets came to rest but from 12:30 on November 22, 1963 until 8:04 on November 16, 2012 not one shred of hard evidence has surfaced to expose any involvement by ANYONE other than Lee Harvey Oswald in the murder of JFK. Fumors swirl that Oswald was connected with the CIA...no evidence. Rumors swirl that Oswald had an FBI handler...no evidence. Rumors swirl of a second or third gunman firing at the motorcade that day...no evidence. As a historian I am married to one thing---evidence. When there is evidence...I believe. Where there is no evidence...I doubt. For many years I taught students every semester that rumors of Thomas Jefferson's alleged paternity of bi-racial children with one of his slaves (Sally Hemmings) were were just that...rumors. There was no ***ahem*** hard evidence to prove Jefferson had ever had sex with any of his slaves. But then in 1998 DNA testing was conducted using known descendants of both Sally Hemmings and Thomas Jefferson and there was a match. Did I scream conspiracy and run for the hills with my shotgun and computer? No. I am NOT a conspiracy cultists. I read about the testing in the most authoritative source available ("The Jefferson-Hemings Controversy: Report of the Scholars Commission") and imm ediately altered my class notes. When evidence is uncovered I change my mind. I don't hold to a erroneous hypothesis and claim that all of the EVIDENCE has been faked...I leave that to the conspiracy cultists.

So until someone produces evidence of a conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination (YOU certainly didn't produce any such evidence, did you Allan) I will continue to believe the official version. Those that believe in conspiracies where no supporting evidence exists (apparantly like Allan) are NOT regarded as scholars but rather as superstitious cultists.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:15:38 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:16:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:17:17 AM PST
"Well,what is going on could be and I know there will be disagreements on this, it is a biblical saying...going by the book."

I have a shiney new quarter in my pocket for the first person that can translate what on earth this post is supposed to mean.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:27:31 AM PST
JagdTiger says:
I posted in the wrong thread...can I have the quarter?.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:28:43 AM PST
anne says:
Speaking of Muhammad Atta, here's what his father had to say regarding 9/11:

<Mohamed el-Amir Awad el-Sayed Atta, a retired lawyer in Egypt . . . . rejected allegations his son was involved in the September 11 attacks and accuses Mossad . . . "My son is gone. . . . The Mossad killed him.">

Imagine that. An Egyptian lawyer blaming Israeli intelligence on something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:46:56 AM PST
I would be curious to know in WHICH thread that post would make sense. And yes you will receive the quarter. Check your paypal account.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:54:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:10:20 AM PST
Juggernaut says:
What must be emphasized here is the apocalyptic and absolutist framework in which conspiracy cultists commonly express.The FBI,CIA,Secret Service,the American Government all involved in the Kennedy assassination , let alone God, who, through his omniscience, knew all these things in advance and was part of the conspiracy too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:22:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:24:00 AM PST
Juggernaut's comment reminded me of a joke I may have told before--if you've already read this, I'm sorry.

A group of Kennedy assassination conspiracy cultists are en route to their yearly pilgrimage to Dallas to investigate who killed Kennedy when their plane goes down and all are killed. When they regain awareness they are standing before God. They are told they may ask any questions about their mortal life at this point. Of course one of the group asks who REALLY killed Kennedy. God, patiently sighs and says, "All right, I'm only going to say this once...Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone murdered President Kennedy. No one else was involved. NO ONE!"

A moment of silence is broken by one cultist whispering to another,

"Boy...this conspiracy is bigger than even I had imagined."

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:25:18 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:14:25 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:35:23 AM PST
I have noticed that you occasionally disguise the names of certain posters by using numbers of other non-letter keys. Is that so their names won't turn up during a routine search?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:37:25 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 5:18:37 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:47:18 AM PST
Thanks. This is a good tip for anyone that doesn't want to be hounded and dogged by conspiracy cultists. They have spent YEARS trying to pry into my private life but none have been successful. I am a virtual ghost on the Internet due to my experiences with conspiracy wackos over the years. I NEVER give out any personal information about me on ANY website. When my name is Googled all one gets are the lunatic rantings of a handful of conspiracy cultists trying to figure out who I am and where I teach. I agree with you Greg. Best to keep these people far away from you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:52:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:54:05 AM PST
JagdTiger says:
The thread is titled "will israel start world war lll in the next 136 days".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:55:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:14:32 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:16:10 AM PST
Allan says:
S. V. Anderson says: Thanks. This is a good tip for anyone that doesn't want to be hounded and dogged by conspiracy cultists. They have spent YEARS trying to pry into my private life but none have been successful. I am a virtual ghost on the Internet due to my experiences with conspiracy wackos over the years.

Allan: ANOTHER conspiracy exposed.

Wow.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:17:37 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:14:42 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:26:34 AM PST
Interesting...explain what conspiracy I am involved in I should like to read this. If you see a conspiracy with my wanting to preserve my privacy then clearly you see conspiracies where no other mortal can see them.

Please outline the details of the "conspiracy" I am involved in (keeping in mind that a conspiracy involves TWO or more people carrying out a planned act.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:45:29 AM PST
Allan says:
''Please outline the details of the "conspiracy" I am involved in (keeping in mind that a conspiracy involves TWO or more people carrying out a planned act.)''

This has been an interesting foray into a strange new world.

SVA says: ''They (conspiracy cultists) have spent YEARS trying to pry into my private life but none have been successful'' then asks what conspiracy he is involved in.

Hasn't he just told us in his own words?

Clearly, though he is quite possibly not paranoid, the bastards ARE conspiring to get him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:49:50 AM PST
So wait a minute...is it your contention that it is the conspiracy nuts that are part of a conspiracy to get to me? Really? THIS is your conspiracy. Ahhh...the irony. Who would have thought? Conspiracy nuts CONSPIRING to harrass a non-conspiracy poster.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
425 Aug 15, 2014
Civil War 150th Anniversary 972 23 seconds ago
American volunteers to fight Islamic State in Syria ? 32 3 minutes ago
New Christ Myth forum - all welcome :) 12 4 minutes ago
History of the Palestinian Nation (Part III) 4840 13 minutes ago
Greatest War Movie Regarding Authenticity As To Its Actual Events.. 159 45 minutes ago
Isn't It Already Illegal to Hit ANYBODY???? 3 1 hour ago
A Place For Pro-Israel Posters III 4763 2 hours ago
Who killed JFK on November 22nd, 1963? What are some of your answers and beliefs? 1733 2 hours ago
Kennedy Assassination II 4951 4 hours ago
General Douglass MacArthur VS General George S. Patton. ...Battle Of the Super Generals 23 6 hours ago
Jewish Myths and Facts - Questions and Answers About a Living History 9075 9 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  254
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions