Customer Discussions > History forum

USS Liberty

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 205 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 7:27:57 AM PST
Rachel says:
Bubba:

Absolutely!

That is why I said less responsibility. I honestly do not fret as much knowing that this is a parents job. I did mine to the best of my ability.......

Rachel :-)

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:10:19 AM PST
Bubba says:
One very Good Thing about grandchildren is that they come to visit and then they go home.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 3:35:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 4, 2013 3:36:07 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 6:28:38 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:39:18 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 6:27:00 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
I have lots of them, J. Schwarz.

Thanks for the good advice, though. I hope your New Year is both happy and prosperous.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 6:25:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:39:15 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 5:29:44 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Dear Rachel,

My grandchildren aren't always angelic. That's why I put Angels in quotation marks.

Perhaps I'm being a bad grandfather when I do that, though?

They are indeed a wonderful gift to us.

Love,
John

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 5:25:29 PM PST
Rachel says:
John M Lane:
Before I close the computer:

LOL !!!! Indeed, but by the burning of oil in crazy nights of fevers, and and the support of GD in raising our own kids, we can then enjoy these " Angels."
The last word is in quotes, why? They are the best gift given to us.......

You are right, the responsibility feels less weighty, but no less important since we as grandparents do fulfill an important role.

Love Always and Good Night,
Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 4:42:34 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Dear Rachel,

Truly, grandchildren are our "Angels."

If I'd known how much fun they can be, I'd have had them first. LOL !!!!

Love,
John

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 4:32:39 PM PST
Rachel says:
John M. Lane:
Thank you for answering me here.
Hey! if you have an edge it is not in your control......
Each child is a precious gift with his or her own personality, and I hope they can contribute to the welfare of humankind.

See you, whenever, in other sites. I wish you the best in your own endeavor.
Love Always,
Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 4:26:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 4:27:17 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for your nice reply. I do have an edge in the grandchildren, however. I have nine. Six are girls and three are boys.

Sandy looked like a terrible storm and I'm glad you got through it. I hope the people in the hardest hit areas are well and will be made whole soon. We have some friends in New Jersey who struggle with the damage. Their house is OK, but they were without power for a long time and a lot of family and friends were forced to move in with them. It was a real hardship for a nice family, but they are recovering and nobody was injured.

Yes, this site can be a trial. I lurk and watch for interesting threads, but don't participate as regularly as I did for a while.

May this year bring you the peace you seek.

Love,
John

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 3:54:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2013 3:10:35 PM PST
Rachel says:
Dear John M. Lane:
Amazon said it could not post my first answer so I re-wrote it.
Same content.

Love Always,
Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 3:32:45 PM PST
Rachel says:
John M. Lane:

I do enjoy grandchildren too: five of them and one more coming soon.....
Holidays are a time to regroup and re-energize with family and friends and I do hope this gives you a push for the official calendar 2013. You have my support from afar.
Hey! we are all getting older and with it new surprises come to all of us. I also just had a new birthday.
So, we are in the same place, but by pushing ahead with goals.... and you have one, I know you have one!;this helps to keep abreast of surprises. School is my renewed interest and enjoying what I am doing. I wish you the best in your own goal.

The devastation in the East Coast is still with us and we need all the money the government can help to restore the devastated communities. I had without knowing, of course, taking care of trees that were not in the best shape, therefore avoiding the disaster that could happen. The rushing winds were something I had never experienced- though Hurricane Gloria makes me remember a dreadful house move. I am grateful that this time around was just the winds.

I am not fond of this site, as you are well aware of this.
It is just because of you that I entered it hoping to find you. I did and I read your posts.

I promised myself inner peace and this is why you don't see me this much anywhere........
Happy 2013. I still find this new date difficult to remember when signing checks.

Go to your goal! I hope to hear of it when finalized. let me know in my usual sites :-)

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 8:18:07 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the gracious wishes, Rachel. I wish you and yours all the best in the New Year.

The Holidays were busy for us, but we got to see our children and grandchildren and I always enjoy Christmas. It was a white one complete with snow and cold.

I thought of you often in watching the news about all the devastation on the East Coast. I hope it missed you.

I've been lurking in History and posting some in Politics, otherwise taking it easy. I don't have the endurance I used to have. Age and gravity can be implacable adversaries.

Love,
John

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 5:42:31 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:38:57 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 5:35:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 5:36:02 PM PST
Rachel says:
John M. Lane:

Just searching a place where you could be.......
Wow! To find you here!
This is an opportunity for me to wish you the best for the next year.

Love Always,
Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:53:36 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
Lawrence A. Dickerson is waiting for that goofy, truther rag he reads to tell what his thoughts are today, J. Schwarz. All that SPAM he spews must have rotted his tiny brain.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:32:33 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:37:02 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 12:47:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 12:48:23 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
You should read my posts before you attempt to reply, Lawrence A. Dickerson. By the way, was there a point in there, or are you just marinating in your own bile again?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:04:37 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2013 5:37:00 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:00:49 PM PST
John was not in the army then His comment was that when he was in the army they shot....Pure bull shiete.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:59:23 PM PST
John never did answer this gross misstatement about shooting soldiers for failure to follow orders,or in his case an exaggeration in an attempt to impress others with his qualifications so when he makes personal references about others take them with a grain of salt.They come from the same reference points.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:45:04 PM PST
Greg says:
WALL STREET THE FINANCIAL CANCER OF THIS COUNTRY,BARBARIC WAYS TO ABUSE THE MIDDLE CLASS WHILE ELITES ON WALL SRTEET LIVE THEIR LAVISH LIFES AND THE MIDDLE CLASS IS PAYING THE PRICE,STRUGLING TO KEEP WHAT IS THEIRS,BOYCOTTWALLSTRRET.NET THE BOOK THE ''ARROGANCE OF EVIL''ENCOURAGES YOU AND TELL'S YOU WHAT TO THAT WAY YOU DONT HAVE TO RISK YOU SAVINGS AND MUCH MORE.The future promises much less opportunity, fewer freedoms, and a threat to our national survival. A huge financial storm is coming soon. Those who survive will escape and be on the mountains like doves of the valleys, all of them mourning, each for his iniquity. Every hand will be feeble, and every knee will be as weak as water. They will also be girded with sackcloth; horror will cover them; shame will be on every face, baldness on all their heads.

They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be like refuse; their silver and their gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord; they will not satisfy their souls, nor fill their stomachs, because it became their stumbling block of iniquity. As for the beauty of his ornaments, He set it in majesty; but they made from it the images of their abominations - their detestable things; therefore I have made it like refuse to them, the Bible says.
WALL STREET IS ''THE ARROGANCCE OF EVIL'' A BUS LOAD OF FOOLS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:51:09 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Hello John A. Gerling,

Welcome to our forum. If you stay with us, you'll learn that J. Schwarz is well informed and giving you some excellent advice.

Schwarz isn't a hater, but he does have a low tolerance for Jew bashers who pretend to be something other than bigots themselves.

Time will tell which camp you fit into. In the meantime, I'd suggest you watch and learn.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:58:50 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
No you are the expert. BTW the guy had a mental problem. But there are people on this site that also have mental problems. I hope you don't. Now as for your lack of judgement, you are new to this site and do not know the players. Before you make a quick judgement you know nothing about you are welcome to stick around and watch the disfunctionality. Be my guest. Do you always make quick judgements without having your brain in gear? I wonder.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  205
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions