Customer Discussions > History forum

Has ATLANTIS been found ~ right where the Egyptians said it was?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 214 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2013 4:27:23 PM PST
This is very simple.

If a landmass currently underwater, was mapped in ancient times, then that means that it was once above water.

If it was above water and right where Plato said Atlantis was, then it would have to be called Atlantis.

Right?

Athanasius Kircher, a founder of Egyptology, found a map in the Vatican. This map was created in Egypt and brought to Italy by the Romans sometime around 30 BCE. The Egyptians considered southern Egypt to be Upper Egypt, and drew their maps accordingly, with South being up. Kircher redrew the map just the way it was and placed America on one side as reference. This is the map he published in 1669:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Athanasius_Kircher%27s_Atlantis.gif

Once the sea floor was charted in the modern age, no one thought the map was real, but that was because they were looking for a continent. If the outer edge of the map was drawn to show location ONLY, then the size of the island would not be misleading. Solon first heard of Atlantis from an Egyptian priest while visiting Egypt. If the priest had shown him the map, Solon could easily think Atlantis was bigger than Libya and Asia. And Plato never called Atlantis a continent; he called it a large island.

Part of Plato's description of the island was of a rectangle in nature. It consisted of a level plain surrounded by mountains on all sides, except the southern side. The mountains were particularly high on the north side; "the entire region rose sheer out of the sea to a great height. The perimeter of the rectangle received rivers that streamed down from the mountains. Even though the rectangle was surrounded by mountains, it was a smooth plain, whereas the mountains stretched as far as the sea."As it looks like rivers lead into lakes, this is a good description for what you are about to see.

Athanasius Kircher's map meets Google Earth

http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=320476&t=320476

Coincidence you say?
The Location is in the same place, just west of the Pillars of Hercules and in the ocean named after it

5 matching angles and lengths, all in the same place

Arrowhead "nick" in the same place

Mountain [city] in the same place. [This can be seen in video]

3 river channels in the same place

2 smaller islands

13 coincidences?

3 rivers cannot be seen, and 2 islands are in the wrong spot, though still on the correct side. 13 coincidences out of 18 do not make a coincidence. 13 coincidences equal a fairly accurate representation.

Of course some of you will disagree because you have been arguing against Atlantis for years and you do not want to stop now. Some of you do not want it to be real. But 13 coincidences do not equal a Coincidence. Or luck.
Circles... did you say circles?

If we are talking about a rise in ocean water, then this was not the only island there, in fact there is a whole chain that would have been above water, nearly stretching the length of Portugal. And 2 of these islands would have been roughly the same size as this one. And yes, there be circles there.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 4:29:19 PM PST
Explorers videos:

I found Atlantis on Google Earth. 4.0
Nov 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhLD0uBv0s

Did NASA & Google Earth accidently find Atlantis in 2008
Dec 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4gYU8H3Qkw&list=PL457B250C3C67669A&index=4

New Discoveries of Atlantis
Jan 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVc1as7Lmyk&list=PL457B250C3C67669A&index=5

Athanasius Kircher & The Map Of Atlantis
Jan 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GKm1Nd2KCA

A Deep Analysis Into Kircher's Ancient Egyptian Map Of Atlantis
Jan 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8rP00H8krU

Proof Of Atlantis
June 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChiDottZ0cw

So what do you think, has ATLANTIS been found ~ right where the Egyptians said it was?

What are the chances that an underwater landmass would match an ancient map?

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 4:47:04 PM PST
Fascinating stuff--and I am totally open to the idea that there may have been an ancient landmass that held a civilization, that fell into the water. I'm sure you have heard of the underground city they found off the coast of Japan (naysayers say the step formations are natural, but when you see it, it's blindingly obvious only humans are capable of that kind of construction). I'm at work now, but I'll check out the rest of the links when I get the time! Thanks for this.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 5:17:29 PM PST
Captain Ogre says:
RE: Of course some of you will disagree because you have been arguing against Atlantis for years and you do not want to stop now. Some of you do not want it to be real

Seriously? Why? To think that the topography of Earth has always been roughly the same is pretty myopic.

Must be the same people who think Pangea is a myth, so didn't leave a few chunks out there when it broke up

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:26:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 6:45:52 AM PST
James Hey says:
yes looks like it's there...but when I heard the speed of light entering the equation .....hmmmm....this probably is Atlantis ....but the 59 degree thing on the steps ....please..
see it "fits" but I'm sure there are other monuments that don't have 59 steps. All in all I buy that these islands are Atlantis

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 7:54:25 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart for various reasons.

The legend of Atlantis involves much more than just changes to the Earth's land masses.

According to mythology the three brothers Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades divided up this earthly realm long ago. Zeus took the sky, Poseidon took the surface of the Earth which includes the sea, and Hades took the underworld. Plato tells us that Poseidon then created Atlantis.

Well that's all true.

It was Edgar Cayce who identified the connection between Atlantis and very ancient Egypt. Cayce was I believe the reincarnation of the great Osiris, the Egyptian Lord Of The Underworld. Cayce told how he himself as the Atlantean priest Ra Ta was directly involved with creating the pyramids and other monuments on the Giza necropolis. Thoth, Isis, Horus, and other Atlanteans were also involved. And indeed only the gods could have created the pyramids.

Giza is a place where records are kept and those records pertain to the doomed Atlantis. The Hall Of Records was hermetically sealed back in 10,500 BC and it has remained hidden ever since. People now realize using ground penetrating radar that the Hall is indeed there underneath the Giza site.

Cayce and others say that Atlantis was destroyed when spiritual truths were misused for greed and personal gain. The evil sorcerers on Atlantis somehow gained access to a temple which probably housed a very powerful crystal based energy force. They accidentally unleashed forces of nature which we today probably don't fully understand or which at least are not in the public domain.

In other words Atlantis was destroyed by black magic. Plato attributes this catastrophe to the wrath of Zeus and the other immortals. But Plato may have been saying the same thing in a different way. It may not have been that the gods destroyed Atlantis but rather they were involved somehow, perhaps by limiting the scope of this disaster.

The destruction of Atlantis probably coincided with the spiritual decline of the Atlantean population. Plato tells how they became too enamored with personal wealth and power and they lost concern for their fellow man.

Initiation in the Great Pyramid (Astara's library of mystical classics)

Atlantis

Edgar Cayce's Atlantis

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 7:58:51 AM PST
The Qustion is,Did Noah sail from Atlantis?Also the Shawnee are unique in that they say they came to America from a island they discribed as looking like a turtle shell?Atlantis?

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 8:13:14 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
Michael J. Mason says:

[The Qustion is,Did Noah sail from Atlantis ?]

One question is what time frames are we talking about. Atlantis may have existed in some form going back at least 100,000 years. I don't know if there's any general consensus about when the biblical flood occurred.

If the global flood was truly global it doesn't seem like any civilization could have survived. However there's a lot of questions about all of this.

The story of Noah's ark could not be literally true. But yet Christ believed the story and I do also.

Atlantis was I believe a super race, at least at one time. Sometimes when people see flying saucers those are our ancestors from Atlantis travelling through time.

Some of that knowledge was preserved and passed on to the priests and pharaohs in Egypt and other places.

People today are still trying to figure out exactly what the pyramids in Egypt and other places really are. They were different things. Their purpose and function was multifaceted.

Ufo...Contact from Planet Iarga [Hardcover]
Stefen Denaerde (Author), Wendelle C. Stevens (Author)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 8:23:41 AM PST
Noah's ark and Atlantis going under are in the same time frame!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 9:00:23 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
I enjoyed your post, I'm curious about topics such as this.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 9:08:06 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
Michael J. Mason says:

[Noah's ark and Atlantis going under are in the same time frame !]

They don't sound the same to me because the destruction of Atlantis affected one continent. The flood was worldwide.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 11:20:22 AM PST
Captain Ogre says:
How does that not make sense? If there was a world wide flood, most land dried up and some was lost forever

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:23:44 AM PST
Captain Ogre says:
I've never actually though or cared much about Atlantis, but SA sucked me into this discussion, and it is fascinating

So it's kind of eerie that this story just popped up on my Yahoo home page:

http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-micro-continent-found-under-indian-ocean-194239722.html

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 3:34:21 PM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
Captain Ogre says:

[How does that not make sense ?]

Well I guess it depends on when you think those two events happened.

Edgar Cayce and Plato put the final destruction of Atlantis at either 9,500 BC or 10,500 BC. Although there was at least one other major destruction of Atlantis back around 18,000 years ago where the continent was broken up into five islands. One of those islands was named Poseidia after the great Earth embracer Poseidon.

If I recall correctly Cayce put the biblical flood back around 25,000 years ago. That's a very long time for people to even remember anything but yet the biblical flood appears in over 1,000 different myths I think.

The 25,000 year range is perhaps interesting from an astrological perspective. The Earth's astrological precession cycle is approximately 26,000 years. In other words that's now long it takes the Earth to complete a full wobble cycle on its axis. It is this wobble of the Earth that causes the stars to appear to move in the sky over time so after the 26,000 years the stars return to the same position once again.

So perhaps we are due for another world shattering cataclysm. I don't think it will be another flood though since God placed His deadly bow in the sky after the biblical flood.

Plato tells in his Atlantis story how the Egyptians believed the human race has been completely annihilated several different times in the past and had to start over again. Other ancient cultures like the Mayans and probably some Native American tribes also believed this.

So the question is what's going to get us next ? I think in the bible Peter says it will be fire. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that until I look it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 6:17:06 PM PST
Captain Ogre says:
Jeff,

Thanks for the fascinating response. Now I *know* I'm in over my head here

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought biblical scholars placed the flood around 4,000 BC?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:12:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 9:52:00 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
Captain Ogre says:

[Pardon my ignorance, but I thought biblical scholars placed the flood around 4,000 BC ?]

That may depend on who you talk to.

Some people think the Earth is about 6,000 years old so the flood would have happened sometime after that. I guess they try to interpret the bible literally where it says God created everything in 7 days.

The Book Of Genesis is mythological. Mythology uses allegories and metaphors to explain spiritual truths in a symbolic rather than a literal way. Those 7 days of creation mean something but I don't think it's 7 of our days.

Although Edgar Cayce said what to me is one of the strangest things I have ever heard about God creating the universe in 7 days:

"Not that this would have been impossible."

Time is a very mysterious subject that is not well understood by the scientific community today. Einstein told how there are strange relationships between time, space, and gravity. Gravity slows time down. Not that I understand much if anything of what Einstein said at more than a superficial level.

Some geologists state that there is geological evidence of something catastrophic happening about 13,000 years ago. They speculate that a comet burst close to the Earth's surface since no impact crater has been found.

They can see what they call the black mat layer in the ground. There are very few fossils of the larger mammals like the woolly mammoths or saber tooth cats above this geologic layer. I guess it's sort of similar to the KT boundary above which very few fossils of dinosaurs are found although that happened 65 million years ago.

But they may be seeing the results of a man made disaster. If an entire continent was destroyed this didn't happen in a vacuum and there should be some evidence in the geological record. The black mat layer may be all that's left of Atlantis above ground.

Edgar Cayce told a guy that he had been the great patriarch Noah and also the prophet Elisha in past lives as well as the protestant reformer Thomas Campbell. He said the prophet Elisha performed miracles that rivaled those performed by Christ Himself.

Cayce told several people that they had been with Noah on the ark. He told one of them which if I recall was Noah's son to say the same prayer he had said when the ark came to rest on Mount Ararat.

"For as has been given from the beginning, the deluge was not a myth (as many would have you believe) but a period when man had so belittled himself with the cares of the world, with the deceitfulness of his own power, as to require that there be a return to His dependence wholly - physically, and mentally - upon the Creative Forces."
- Edgar Cayce

Edgar Cayce on the Reincarnation of Biblical Characters [Paperback]
Kevin J. Todeschi (Author)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 11:02:00 AM PST
what if Atlantis went under during the world wide flood?????????????????

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 3:30:14 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 4, 2013 9:27:39 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 3:51:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 9:27:16 AM PST
Captain Ogre says:
Jeff,

Thanks for detailed reply

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 4:21:17 PM PST
I thought you would have sailed over it so many times, Captain, that you forgot where it was.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 4:27:07 PM PST
The question still stands. Regardless of degrees or pyramids or crystals or Noah or anything else, this underwater mesa looks like what was drawn on an ancient map. How does one get around that?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 4:44:51 PM PST
The Yonaguni Monument off Okinawa. There are stones on the island next to it that have always been considered man made. They look just like the stones underwater. Plus there is a circular stone set atop a small rectangle set atop a larger rectangle. Nature does not do that.

http://tiny.cc/az6ftw

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:51:12 AM PST
Ashton Kutcher discovers Play-Doh on Atlantis
If you had not put page 2 I would have no idea what you were on about.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:05:10 AM PST
That is thought provoking. Too similar to dismiss.
I see that one site is Graham Hancock's. Have you looked through it to see what he says about this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:29:07 AM PST
Good views on the videos. If those are buildings they would be miles across. Maybe they are just mountain tops shinning in the light, and the pixel comes out as a rectangle?

Looks like our first video guy had the map but never put it in conjunction with the underwater shape. Then this Danny comes along and does, but does not mention the first guy.

I could care less about the numbers game and lines from Egypt. That does not matter because that map looks like what is now underwater.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  214
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2013
Latest post:  10 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions