Customer Discussions > History forum

USS Liberty

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 205 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 7:45:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 7:45:28 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
I don't think he's "little", J. Schwarz. I'm thinking he's got a big pot belly from all that SPAM.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 10:14:16 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
You do know that Iranian agents went to the neighborhood of the captain to do harm to him but I believe they were spotted. I am sure I read it shortly after the incident.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 10:15:44 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
A lot of whack a dos on Amazon and LAD is just another run of the mill one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 10:08:22 PM PDT
patrick says:
I wouldnt put it past them.

they contributed substantially themselves to the fog of war that led to the Vincennes shoot-down..
But Im yet to strike a muslim yet who owned up to sharing the blame for anything with the infidels..
that Captain had to make a call,especially with a view to what happened to Stark, and he made it ...easy to have 20-20 hindsight..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 10:20:04 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
From what I read some foreign born people were asking people in the neighborhood where the Captains house was located. I don't think anything resulted from it since they were outed.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 10:19:52 PM PDT
All I know is friends don't bomb friends and friends don't spy on friends. Does anyone think England spys on the U.S. no, how about Germany no.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 10:23:50 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
>Does anyone think England spys on the U.S. no, how about Germany no.

Guess again.......

Deeper down, the story notes that there was good reason for the CIA's interest in the BND: It was riddled with former Nazis -- some of whom it wanted to recruit for itself--not to mention Russian moles.

"Even after the fall of communism in 1989, the spying continued into the 1990s, with those BND agents with a Nazi past in particular attracting attention," the magazine reported. "Two former SS members were drafted into a sabotage unit of NATO, according to the papers."

The story goes on to say that "the BND did not seem surprised by the idea of being spied upon by the CIA, with a former BND counterintelligence expert telling the magazine that he and his colleagues had often thought such operations were being undertaken."

Why, yes, there would be little surprise at the BND, if only because its agents were spying on Americans, too. It's what spying outfits do: Spy. On friends and enemies alike. Or in a hunt for enemies buried in the ranks of our friends.

"It was not a one-way street," said a former CIA officer.

http://spytalkblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/germany-spies-on-americans-too.html

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 3:08:34 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Of course Britain and Germany and the USA (and others) spy on each other. We seldom hear of it because it's seldom politically expedient to tell us peons about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 3:31:07 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
:)

Including industrial espionage........

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 5:37:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 10:27:37 PM PDT
Rachel says:
Everybody spies on each other to protect their sovereignty
Be these friends or enemies.
I guess, you must remember that if its public- then it is not spying!

Please let this forum die again........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:09:45 PM PDT
Just like Pollard among others ,a friendly spy whose treasonous activities resulted in around 1100 deaths.May he rot in prison or better yet go live with John.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:31:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2012 10:06:28 PM PDT
Rachel says:
Sorry dear LAD. Sorry but I love my husband a I am not leaving him to live with John at all.

You are jealous because, unlike you, he is truthful and I admire that. No fast taking turns with facts.

As for Pollard, I have said he did wrong and most of us know saw. Do you read my mind to know what I think of him.

Actually, dear, if America knows that much about what is happening in the ME is us.

Oh! Wow that number sounds as the 9/ 11 death that Jews caused right? Right! Truthers' issue?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 5:04:56 AM PDT
Bubba says:
Partial list of satellites that may have been used by LIBERTY:

Beginning in 1963, the US Navy launched the TRANSIT, also known as NAVSAT, satellites. One use of NAVSAT was as a navigation system by the Navy's surface ships.

Syncom 2 was launched by NASA in 1963, it was the first communications satellite in geosynchronous orbit.

Syncom 3 was launched by NASA in 1965, it was the first communications satellite in geostationary orbit.

Intelsat I ("Early Bird") was launched in 1965, it was the first commercial communications satellite.

In 1966 the US military launched 41 satellites with classified packages.

There were also a number of non-US satellites, including Soviet satellites, that the US military may have wanted to intercept signals from.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 5:20:26 AM PDT
Bubba says:
Industrial espionage is the reason that Airbus uses quite a bit of Boeing developed technology.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930418&slug=1696416

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 5:34:54 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
Wouldn't be surprised.

One of the concerns after the 'Cold War' 'ended' was the expected increase in industrial espionage, especially from 'friendly' countries such as the U.K.

As I recall, some Israeli's got deported after 9/11 for industrial espionage, though I might have that confused with the following:

http://whatreallyhappened.wikia.com/wiki/Israeli_Art_Students

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 11:10:00 PM PDT
patrick says:
I got as far as reading "whatreallyhappened" inside your link..

please keep the discussion serious..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 11:26:23 PM PDT
Rachel says:
Oh patrick,dear;
Let us this forum go into oblivion............................. We already discussed the issue way beyond its merits, don't you think?

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 9:18:11 AM PDT
Roger,
If you believe that you are naive. Everyone spys on everyone else. We spy on the Brits, they spy on us we spy on the Israelis and they spy on us as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 12:47:22 PM PDT
Do you seriously think Israel can nuke ANYBODY and not be nuked themselves?

Some American Jews have no regard for the population of Israel. Imagine if Israelis interfered in OUR internal political process.....

Oh wait... They DO interfere with our political process.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 7:06:13 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
So do the Iranians, left coaster. Obama's closest advisor is an Iranian and Hillary Clinton's top advisor is from a Muslim Brotherhood family.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2012 12:04:45 AM PDT
This is still America, John M. Lane.

And *you* call *me* a conspiracy theorist.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 2:20:26 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Yes, it's "still America," left coaster.

Thanks for conceding that.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 12:52:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 7:53:28 PM PST
F. Gleaves says:
"far from a Rashomon situation"
vesp, it was originally claimed that the attacking Israeli planes had their markings painted over, but the USSLiberty.org website now says a crewman did see markings.

Two Mirage fighters and four Mystere fighter-bombers isn't exactly a 'swarm' either. I'm sure the IAF could have come up with many more aircraft for a PRIORITY target - which would have been the case if it was a deliberate attack.

I'd sure hate to have LBJ P.O.'d with me - he wanted the Liberty and all hands sent to the bottom just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time!

Well, that's what he said when he ordered the recall of the fighters from Saratoga. Not that I think he ordered the attack on the Liberty - he just didn't like having people get in his way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:15:36 PM PST
vespasian says:
John, Apparently there is someone on the site that you really dont loke. Since I respect you but do not agree with you on some things, Ill read the material to see what kind of guy gets your goat...vesp Im guessing w/o looking it has to be someyhing about the Middle east, israe and Jews...vesp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:17:32 PM PST
vespasian says:
Schwartz, You must be the most ethnocentric guy around to think of IGS as an anti semite...vesp
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  205
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions