Customer Discussions > History forum

An Opportunity for Islamic Supporters to Show What's right with Islam.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1135 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:24:00 PM PST
bb says:
Why People Embrace Islam?

People are converting to Islam for a number of reasons: mostly personal reasons, while others become Muslims also on the basis of cultural, social and spiritual characteristics of Islam. The followings are some key aspects that mainly draw many people, particularly Christians and Jews to Islamic Faith:
Conversion to Islam is relatively simple, involving only Shahada, the declaration of Faith: There is no God except Allah; Muhammad is Allah's Final Messenger. People find it much easier than a lengthy process of religious education and series of formal rituals.

Islamic supreme authority is the Holy Qur'an - the speech of God. It is brief and to the point, yet holds detail of every subject related to the daily life on earth and beyond. Arabic being ever popular language, with translations available in most modern languages around the globe, the Qur'an is easy to read and straightforward to understand therefore, new comers find it simple to comprehend.

Islam's Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) holds a paramount position in Islamic Faith. Yet he is not considered as a god, his place in Islam is rather of a man, a Messenger and a Servant of God. As a person, Muhammad was an incredible man, and people see in him a perfect example to follow.

Islam is monotheistic religion. It calls upon people to believe in one True God only. People are told in the Qur'an: "Say: He is Allah, He is One; The Self-Sufficient, The Eternal God; He begets not, nor was He begotten; There is none equal to Him." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 112:1-4]

The significance of Jesus for Muslims as a human and important place in Islam as a prophet of God rather than as a divine figure appeals to those who find the Christian concept of the Trinity too confusing to understand or too difficult to believe in.

Islam's basic beliefs are relatively straightforward and easy to understand as well as to perform, compared with other religions fundamental precepts. For example the Five Pillars of Islam: Shahada, Obligatory Prayers, Fasting in the Month of Ramdan, Paying Zakat (Charity) to the poor and travelling to Makkah to Perform the Hajj; even the younger followers can comprehend them without any hardship or confusion.

Islam is the faith of equality and justice for all. God says in the Holy Qur'an: "O you who believe, stand firmly for justice, as witnesses before Allah, even if it be against yourselves, or your parents or your (close) relatives, and whether (it be against) rich or poor. God can best protect both. Do not follow the desires of your hearts, lest you swerve (from the truth) and if you distort your testimony or decline to do justice, verily Allah is fully aware of all that you do." [The Qur'an, Surah 4:135]

Islam's great civilization and rich history certainly has an attractive and intellectual appeal for many people. Converting to Islam means they also become part of the Muslim Ummah (nation).

Islam's emphasis on the importance of family life and social value is one of the key aspects that attract men and women from various cultural backgrounds, particularly those serious in true and traditional family values and moral teachings.

Islam is not only a religion but also a complete way of life, where everything is detailed in the Qur'an very clearly, and further explaination is available through the Hadith and Sunnah (sayings, teachings and actions) of Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him).

Many of the prophets and stories found in the Bible such as the creation of Adam and Eve, the story of Noah and the flood, the events in the life of Abraham and his sons, the Psalms of David and the kingdom of Solomon, the Exodus of Israelites from Egypt led by Moses, Jesus preaching the Injeel (Good News) to the world - are present in the Quran as well. Christians and Jews who convert to Islam often comment they are attracted to the faith partly because of its similarities to Christianity and Judaism in general.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:59:04 PM PST
libloon2 says:
J. Schwarz says: //I am surprised that certain people who are non stop posters are nowhere to be seen here.//

Me too. I like the way you put it.
Not only non-stop, but paragraphs and paragraphs long.
(and I almost never read them when they're god-awful long.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:14:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 7:36:03 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
I think you are referring to the Jew hating so called atheist. No I was referring to the Jew hating convert to Islam.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. As for reading the atheists posts, nobody really bothers because they are C&P from racist rags.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:19:51 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
Actually I did not want to discuss their holy book or any textual material, I wanted to see substantive measures by Islamicists to promote peace and understanding between all the people of the world. And, I am still waiting.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:44:11 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
I think I found a way to keep certain haters off a website. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:47:36 PM PST
Astrocat says:
But he's right, Leonard. "Islamists" indicates terrorists and extremists. You might think of changing the word to "Muslims", instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:51:45 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
No it doesn't. I did not say extremists. Islamists follow Islam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:53:35 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Islamist:

"An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life." i.e., extremist.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:54:11 PM PST
bb says:
Islamism (is lmiz m, iz-, isl miz-, iz-), n.
the religion or culture of Islam.
[1740-50; ISLAM + -ISM]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:56:10 PM PST
Astrocat says:
"Islamist movements seek to implement a conservative formulation of Islamic law and remove Western influences from Muslim society. Islamists usually refer to themselves as Muslims, disapproving of the term Islamist. The movements are sometimes controversial among other Muslims due to their anti-government and sometimes violent activity. See Islamism."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:57:38 PM PST
J. Schwarz says:
I disagree with the word extremist. But of course you are entitled to your opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:42:08 PM PST
bb says:
>>Islamist movements seek to implement a conservative formulation of Islamic law and remove Western influences from Muslim society.<<

Exactly. muslim culture.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:49:32 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Sharia law. Extremism.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 10:00:46 PM PST
bb says:
Exactly.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:56:46 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
Still waiting. Do you know where your Muslims are?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:35:00 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
"people actually do to promote peace and understanding"

Wow, this coming from someone who day after day spreads his hate of Muslims/Arabs here on a Amazon forum. This is just another troll thread trying to attack Muslims. You're just as bad as those bigots Bryan and Bookish. Now J. Swartz, what have you done to "promote peace and understanding"? Nothing but post hateful remarks against Muslims/Arabs. You stand on your soapbox acting like you so righteous but you are no different from those guys who start those bigoted threads against Jews.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:51:07 AM PST
jeffesq613 says:
Although I have been guilty at times of responding in kind to Bookish's repeated ignorant slurs against Jews and Judaism and Israel, I try to make it clear that it is only to reveal Bookish's hypocrisy. In general, however, I have to agree with Jawwaad that suggesting or implying that there is nothing good about Islam or Muslim people is dishonest ignorant bigotry. An honest person will recognize that like any other religion, Islam holds dear things like charity, kindness, basic morality and faith in God. While it is true that an awful lot of people are engaged in terrible behavior in the name of Islam, I am certain that they do not represent the vast majority of Muslims, who no doubt are good decent people. The best way to counter vermin like Lawrence A. Dickerson, Omnimus, Lily Whitetrash, Nick a/k/a Street Professor, left coaster, and Bookish is not to make oneself look as ignorant and bigoted as they are. I put Bryan Borich in a different category, as I believe he suffers from a serious mental disease.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:22:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:39:12 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
Actually I dislike the Arab culture which is male oriented and treats women and minorities like dirt. There is a difference between disliking a religion and disliking a culture that is disfunctional. As for Muslims, I don't care what they do as long as they respect other religions and stop preaching hate. So you have to be able to distinguish between the two. Not all Muslims are the same. When a culture like the Arab Islamic culture promotes Jew and Christian hate then they deserve what they get.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:37:02 AM PST
Lying is a sin according to Islamic belief.
Consult the Quraan for facts rather than a likudnik website please.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:39:00 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
I'm waiting for you to answer what you have done to "promote peace and understanding". Your numerous posts against Arabs/Muslims are nothing more than hateful. Your agenda with this thread was nothing more than to promote more hate against Arabs/Muslims. What's different from what you do and what Bookish, LAD, and Bryan do against Jews? Nothing

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:40:26 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
So OTTO you think the poster got his belief from a Jewish website? Now what does that make you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:41:39 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
Well you can look at it like that, or you can provide examples to prove my point. So stop BSing and go find the examples.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:44:52 AM PST
I think you refer to the tax called Jizia which is imposed on non Muslim citizens in an Islamic state. Muslims off course don't pay this tax, they pay another tax called Zakaat. What can I say? Can anyone avoid death and taxes?

As someone once said. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

To run a state, taxes have to be collected...you stay, you pay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:47:28 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:47:47 AM PST
J. Schwarz says:
I dunno, I heard the Palestinians refuse to pay income taxes.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  1135
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions