Customer Discussions > History forum

Are the Prussians gone for good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-224 of 224 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 21, 2011 12:31:04 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 4:19:10 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2011 10:26:07 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Thanks for the advice to tell them I'm an American, Suetonius. Does that work for you, too? LOL !!

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 3:24:46 PM PDT
the prsussian state is gone forever. the german/ baltic descendants live on in germany today. gilbralter won't go back to spain as long as the uk wants to keep it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2011 3:42:32 PM PDT
Suet says:
Works every time! But a word of warning: do NOT, by way of jest, tell them that you're Russian. They won't see the joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 9:47:43 AM PDT
Boomy says:
Dont ever tell a Greek Diner cook you want a Turkish Omlette either...just a word of advice...

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 2:31:21 AM PDT
briefcandle says:
I note that a televised wedding bw georg friedrich hohenzollern and princess sophie of isenburg happened recently, and was celebrated at the sans souci palace, so they ar not gone for good.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 4:03:23 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
I didn't go to the wedding, Mr. Luke Taper. They'd have to stage a whale of a parade before I'd ever think about returning to our ancestral homeland in East Prussia, (now Poland/Russia).

I don't think there are any Prussians left there at all. Besides, I never got an invitation. It probably got lost in the mail along with my invitation to Kate and Will's royal blowout in London.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 9:21:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 11:02:21 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 10:05:36 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
The Kaiser abdicated in 1918. There's no throne to claim.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 10:39:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 11:02:22 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 10:50:17 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
There are still lots of Hapsburgs around. One of them is an ambassador from the new republic of Georgia to Germany (I think.)

She seems to be pretty capable, although I haven't seen much about her in the news and don't recall her name.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 11:06:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 11:02:23 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 7:26:12 AM PST
Boomy says:
I want to go and see the Marienburg someday...my reletives are from Bad Mergenthein and I saw the Deutch Ord Castle there...would like to evnetually see the "one" out east.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:37:41 PM PST
Suet says:
The German lands are back to where they were 1000 years ago. Oh well, back to the drawing board. And tomorrow, the world!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:55:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 6:59:39 PM PST
You might as well give the former lands back to the original owners (Estonians, Lithuanians, and the other Baltic tribes [which includes the orignial Prussians - a Baltic tribe]). The Poles have no claim to the German lands since they were the ones that call in the Germans in the first place since the Poles were the ones that were the aggressors in expanding eastward and trying to conquer the Baltic tribes (including the orginal Prussians) and the Poles were unable to conquer the tribes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:02:15 PM PST
Debunker says:
John,

Several years back I read an article about the pretender to the Hapsburg thrown. Apparently he has a pretty good sense of humor, because when he was asked who he though was going to win the Austria-Hungary soccer match, he said "I don't know, who are we playing"?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:01:53 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
He sounds like he'd be a great emperor, Debunker. LOL !!!!

The Hohenzollerns weren't nearly as funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:03:27 PM PST
The Irish did not ask the British to come to Ireland and who know maybe Northern Ireland will be reunited with the rest of Ireland. Then the British will have to deal with all those Irish Protestants who will flee to Britian just like the French people who left Algeria after France gave its independence to that country after fighting an eight year guerilla war.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:22:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 6:30:38 PM PST
Suet says:
Those Irish Protestants have been in Ulster longer than whites have been in America.
Maybe the whites will flee back to Europe - the native Americans didn't ask them to come - but I guess not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:49:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:57:32 PM PST
The Irish Protestants have been in Ulster longer; however, it doesn't change the fact that they support English rule, owe their allegience to the Queen, and are view as traitors by their fellow Irish men and women.

You would also have to tell the various Central and South American governments to give back the lands that they took from the various Indian tribes within their own borders. Also when Mexican government had the lands north of the Rio Grande River, the various Indians tribes like the Apaches and Commanches did not invited the Mexicans to stay on those lands once the Spanish colonial government left Mexico.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:51:11 AM PST
ipsofacto says:
Maybe we should all go back to Africa, or if we want to be a bit more thorough about it, the sea.

I realise I'm a couple of years late in making the point, but the Spanish pot is as black as the British kettle in Gibraltar. It's supreme irony that the Spaniards hold on to Ceuta and Mellila, exclaves similar to Gibraltar situated in North Africa. Morocco would like 'em, um, back.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:05:20 PM PST
It woud be nice we go back to our mothers' wombs. We didn't ask our parents to bring us into this world.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:21:05 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
I've been trying to get back into the womb since I figured out I wasn't still in one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 3:08:22 AM PST
briefcandle says:
Spain also holds Olivenca from Portugal after the war of the Oranges 1801, and the portuguese do want it back.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions