Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > History forum

Nazis in a good light...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 601-625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 3:18:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 3:18:41 PM PDT
I'm talking about the fact there are many more types of intelligence than dreamt of in a college graduate's philosophy. Such as the kind of intelligence that makes one "successful" in prison.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 3:20:09 PM PDT
Ok, so that response doesn't make sense where it is inserted but is meant in answer to Rachel's earlier post, starting with "and what is the point."

Good discussion all. Its great to talk with people who actually know things in this area of discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 3:23:20 PM PDT
Suet says:
You mean Richard Feynman had an IQ of 100?!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 3:31:39 PM PDT
125. Obviously wrong for someone of his mental powers.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 4:29:06 AM PDT
\\ We often forget of how the Nazic consolodated power and their increase of government benefits. \\

That's sick man.

Nazis were xenophobic, violent, deeply confused, cynical, and unscrupulous.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 8:41:25 AM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Your description of the Nazis makes them sound a lot like you, Bookish.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 9:07:20 AM PDT
Not necessarily so. 125 is bright enough. Sanley Miller and Kary Mullis I can guarantee were no brighter than that, I've know and worked with both men. Stanley in particular was a nice man who gave me a job in his lab just because my wife told him I was a starving student. This when his most recent grant was running thin. But he was a pretty normal guy, preyy much as bright as I was.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 9:15:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2012 9:16:32 AM PDT
Feynman had extraordinary mathematical powers which should have shown up on the IQ test if it were valid (or if he were actually trying to do well on it).

He got a perfect score on the exam for the Putnam Prize in 1939. He actually finished it early and went home before time was up.

He took EVERY physics course at MIT.

He got a perfect score in math and physics on the entrance examinations to Princeton graduate school.

He also worked his butt off. Freeman Dyson says he never knew anyone to work as hard at physics as Feynman did, completely reformulating it so he could understand it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 11:13:00 AM PDT
*Not much of one. IQ is well correlated to excellent grades, which direct you down more fruitful economic paths and this is well correlated.

As a leader you know that people often have potential although the often refuse to live up to it depite the incentives. The problem is multiculturalism and the desire to make excuses why some poeple don't succeed. When it comes to those abilities few people care who possesses them but that can get those jobs done.
Your reply to Joesph M Creaney's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 11:16:50 AM PDT
What do you see as the problem with multiculturalism in this regard?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 11:18:18 AM PDT
*My recollection is that some of the first IQ tests were given to men reporting for service in the US Army during the call-up of 1917. This involved a significant number of black men.

Quite possibly but standardized tests have been given over and over again to many groups of people. Among those who have taken tests there are a great deal o blacks that scored higher than a great deal of whites. Even so those blacks are found identified and put in positions to maximize that potential. I recently met a black guy from New York had successful relatives but grew up poor but worked in school and when he graduated was picked up by an investment house and bought and sold derivatives.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:33:46 PM PDT
S. Kessler says:
Multiculturalism has to be the most misunderstood and badly used concept in the English language. Whatever one wants to complain about in American education or culture is placed right at the feet of multiculturalism. Most who do use the term haven't a clue what it actually refers to.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:42:09 PM PDT
*What do you see as the problem with multiculturalism in this regard?

The idea that our education and way of thinking is inherently bias against non-whites or asians.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:45:37 PM PDT
I don't think that is a correct definition of multiculturalism. To me multiculturalism means the belief that every culture has positive aspects and that different values aren't necessarily "inferior" or "bad".

It is true that traditionally the history, philosophy, political science, etc. taught in our schools was Eurocentric, neglecting the contributions of non-European peoples. I believe this has been rectified, at least to a certain extent.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:46:50 PM PDT
S. Kessler says:
JMC: The idea that our education and way of thinking is inherently bias against non-whites or asians.

SK: Which has nothing to do with multiculturalism, even if it were true, which it isn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:33:46 PM PDT
What a Nazi thing to say, kinsman.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:37:59 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
It's not difficult to spot the patois, Bookish. You should move past the Nazis.

I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 5:09:30 PM PDT
Adios then.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:34:17 AM PDT
Rachel says:
Joseph:

Every human life is precious specially after what Hitler did!
Having had natural miscarriages, I can tell you it is painful.
Now they have even therapy for that, but then they used to tell you : get it over with, you will have others.

When I find a woman in my class pregant, one side of my head says NO finish college, but....... on the other hand!

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:38:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2012 12:10:51 AM PDT
Rachel says:
This post is abuse!
Yet, what is the point of reporting you.

You have no understandingof the value of lie, YEs even one life. Let alone Six. Or 12 like in Colorado or whatever in Milwakee,

One more life: on e student of my daughter has been killed last week.

Make fun gutter pro, make fun........................................

You have no historical persective and no unders tanding of Judeophobia.
Maybe the appropriate question would be Did you participated in Drexler's movement, later Adolph's and then ran to Austrailia.

There are many there with your notions and my good guess- since Australia, accepted them there, that you might - just might be one of them.....................

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:42:04 AM PDT
Rachel says:
Im going:

Remember that the IQ test were started as Army Navy test. I can tell you there were very culturally biased/ Unfortunately, they used the prior to the 1924 closing of the frontier on the USA and they found Italians and Poles scoring lower. it was culture, not intelligence.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:44:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2012 12:11:44 AM PDT
Rachel says:
Please no religion here and no predictions.

This is the work of evil humans!

Furthermore given my personal experiences I say, most people only think of saving their skin and nothing more.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:45:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2012 12:12:07 AM PDT
Rachel says:
That is why I love you Jon M. Lane.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:49:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2012 12:12:56 AM PDT
Rachel says:
sadly, we are not all built in the same way. Math is not unto me, despite having done all the work fro graduate school I do not like the subject. Yes, as professor said, I use it everyday without realizing it. Fine. Give me any other subject not related to math, and I will tackle that fairly well.

If I had been good in math I had been a engineer like my dad.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 7:50:43 AM PDT
Rachel says:
Arpard?

Rachel
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  5887
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions